Kingston Calls Governor’s Race “A Catfight”; Ox’s Rapid Response Team Scrambles To Fight Yet Another Feminine Reference

April 30, 2009 13:19 pm

by Icarus · 11 comments

Jim Galloway, doing his usual great job at the AJC, brings us some quotes from some of Georgia’s Republican congress critters on the ever changing Governor’s race:

Republican Rep. Lynn Westmoreland said Wednesday that Deal has made his plans known to the delegation and has received a “very, very, very, very good reception” from Georgia Republicans.

“We’re excited” about his announcement, Westmoreland said.
Deal said he had yet to form a committee so his status in the race, exploratory or otherwise, is not yet official.

It doesn’t appear there will be a consensus within the delegation. Republican Rep. Jack Kingston said he is supporting state Sen. Eric Johnson, who is the godfather of Kingston’s son.

“It’s a catfight,” Kingston said of the GOP field.

John Konop April 30, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Icarus

Are you saying Ox is a woman? Now that would be a real scandal!

Anonymole April 30, 2009 at 2:45 pm

Wait, John Oxendine’s a man? How come no one told me?

Bill Simon April 30, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Look for the Adam’s Apple, Anonymole. It’s a dead giveaway.

The General April 30, 2009 at 9:20 pm

Anonymole, you must have just been fooled.

At least this doesn’t happen here:

Anonymole May 1, 2009 at 8:39 am

You learn something new everyday. At least, I can take solace in the fact that SpaceyG is a dude.

John Konop May 1, 2009 at 12:14 pm

I did get a bunch of nasty e-mails and calls about my comment from Ox supporters. As I told them I was just joking! I have a suggestion for the OX team take the afternoon off early, have a few beers at Taco Mac, chill-out and enjoy the weekend! This is a long campaign not a two round cage fight.

Kellie May 3, 2009 at 5:44 pm

Ox’s team need to chill out before they implode.

Bill Greene May 4, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Why was Oxendine the ONLY candidate — for ANYTHING — to have a booth at the huge Georgia Home Educators Association (GHEA) convention this past weekend?

I would think that would have been good ground for McBerry, at least.

Kellie May 4, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Bill
Was it during the week or on the weekend?

Kellie May 4, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Sorry I just caught that. It was on the weekend.
I guess McBerry’s schedule was full.
Was Monds not there either? He homeschools his kids.

Bill Greene May 5, 2009 at 10:56 pm

I only saw the Ox’s people (both of them) at a booth with his name on it.

You’re right, if Monds homeschools, he would have picked up a LOT of support there. This thing is huge every year, and this year was no different.

But you telling me he homeschools drove him up a notch on my radar.

Comments on this entry are closed.