The Atlanta Tea Party Just Got Bigger

April 15th was going to see a big tea party in front of Georgia’ Gold Dome, but it just got bigger.

Tonight on Fox News, Sean Hannity intends to announce that he’ll be live from Atlanta that evening covering the Atlanta Tea Party in front of Georgia’s State Capitol Building.

He’s asked me to be there with him. I’m looking forward to it.

If you’re interested, be at the steps of the Capitol in Atlanta by 6pm on April 15, 2009. We will make sure the nation hears that we’re sick and tired of out of control government, both from the Democrats and the Republicans.

1. DonnaC says:

Way to go, Erick!

We were going to wimp out and go to Gainesville, but we might have to bite the bullet and make the trek to Atlanta!!!

2. Can you say… Astroturfing! Hannity and Newt should get a resounding BOOOOO!!!! If they show up at any of these events. Their behavior as Bush apologist, compassionate conservatism (Neo-conism) elevated this whole mess of fiscal irresponsibility and theft of freedom that the Socialist Obama administration is building on.

Bush–>Obama = (Hoover–>Roosevelt)^3.

Grass roots do not grow Top-Down!

It’s up the participants if they allow themselves to be duped. Here’s hoping that they’ve learned.

3. debbie0040 says:
  4. yellowhammer says:

Wow. An overhyped, overplayed idea-based gathering attended by one loudmouth showing up to pad his wallet and another one buddying up to him to stroke his own over-inflated ego. That’ll show ’em. It’s hard to imagine, but the tax deadline is now the second most nauseating aspect of April 15.

5. McLaughlin says:

Erickson is the 69th most influential conservative.

On a scale of 0 to 10 – with 0 representing zero possibility and 10 representing metaphysical certitude – what is the chance of Erick becoming the 68th most influential conservative as a result of this event?

6. Icarus says:

None. However, on his deathbed, he will receive total conciousness. So he’s got that going for him, which is nice.

7. IndyInjun says:

Lessee, we have the spectacle of Erick cozying up to Cheney, now Hannity.

Scumbags make poor stepping stones.

8. Doug Deal says:

You know icarus, it’s easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you’ve got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

9. Icarus says:

I will only envy Erick if he says on national TV, “Gunga gulunga…gunga, gunga-gulunga”

And Doug, don’t be obsessed with your desires. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, ‘A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.’ He was a funny guy.

10. jenuinejen says:

Debbie and I are coordinating the Atlanta Tea Party along with 2 other people. The details are changing to accommodate Hannity’s live broadcast. You can keep up to date by checking Atlanta Tea Party. You can also send an email directly to me: jennybethm at gmail dot com.

11. IndyInjun says:

do I sense a little bit of Erick envy going on with you guys?

Yes. It is the same ‘envy’ I had as a kid when my barefoot cousin thought that stepping on fresh cow paddies would make him taller.

12. Icarus says:

Careful Doug, I’ve sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn’t want to do it. I felt I owed it to them.

13. Bill Simon says:

Not hardly, Debbie. Sean Hannity, though, is just like you…a Bush apologist who supported every effing thing the Republicans did when they were in control of Congress for their brief 2 years.

14. Icarus says:

That’s because my enemy, my foe, is an animal. In order to conquer the animal, I have to learn to think like an animal. And, whenever possible, to look like one. I’ve gotta get inside this guy’s pelt and crawl around for a few days.

15. Doug Deal says:

Icarus, you are a Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A Peach Pundit poster, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!

16. Chris says:

Icky – all your carefully planned subterfuge to make people think you are a senator was for naught. Indy figured out your real identity.

17. seenbetrdayz says:

Guys, guys. You’re being used as pawns by GOP billionaires. The Tea Party movement is anything but spontaneous, and its nothing but hypocritical.

Not everyone is going to cheer the GOP.

18. Jon Hodges says:

I am in the GOP, but I can assure you that some of us see the Neo-Con types like Sean Hannity as a serious distraction from the Tea party movement. He should not be allowed to speak, I hope he just reports, but being the loud mouth Bush supporter that he was I fear he will be front and center, and it’s going to be all about him. He needs to be booed off the stage.

For the record the first modern day tea parties happened during the Republican primary in 2007 with the Ron Paul revolutionaries. So there were some of us protesting the madness of the GOP big spenders prior to the anointing of the holy BHO.

19. Icarus says:

And Jon has just bookended the reasons why I want no part of the Tea Party movement.

As soon as it gained media attention, Newt has decided to try and co-opt it for American Solutions, and the R3volutionaries are now paranoid that it may attract some people that are “pure” enough to associate with them.

While the attempt to claim the movement by failed leaders and squawking heads is distasteful enough, the view that you have to have been a Ronulan to take part seals the deal for me.

I’ll probably catch a clip of you guys on TV.

20. Jon Hodges says:

“the view that you have to have been a Ronulan to take part seals the deal for me.”

I never said that, I simply pointed out that we started this, freedom is popular, and I hope that this movement will bring lots of folks out who have never done any activism. But I really wish Sean “hot air” Hannity was not coming to the Atlanta rally.

I will bring a big poster with your likeness printed on it. Since you are only a cartoon character I can make you attend.

21. Icarus says:

Well, Jon, at the risk of arrogantly giving you a lesson in PR, I’ll say this.

When you go off on “neocons”, which the R3volutionaries generally believe to mean anyone that didn’t agree with Ron Paul during the primaries, or anyone who has ever supported George Bush, you’re essentially communicating that those people aren’t wanted.

As for my attenedance, if you get me on camera, make sure they shoot me from my good side.

22. Jon Hodges says:

Neo-cons support big government, preemptive war and they use the social issues to manipulate the Christian right (BUSH I and II). They are the LBJ wing of the GOP. There are real conservatives in the party that are not of that ilk and yet do not fall into the Liberty side either.

“And who do you really think will bring out more people who have never been an activist, Sean Hannity or the Ronulan email list?”

Well this thing was big before Hannity announced he was coming so your false bifurcation is irrelevant.

I will do my best to get you on camera on your good side, very difficult in 2D.

23. Bill Simon says:

And Jon body-slams Icarus with facts…

24. I will do my best to get you on camera on your good side, very difficult in 2D.

Actually 2D is easy to get the good side… it’s the front side. Unless it’s a picture of a 2-bagger… then good side would be the blank, back side.

Mine and Jon’s point is very simple… there was a nation wide gag reflex last week when Sean said he was a libertarian… I just don’t want to see that at the tea party. Freedom is popular and those that want to claim now to see the light, should move to the back supporting role until their new found position can be supported by action and not just rhetoric. Since, I for one see their new position to be a rouse to re-gain power… The ol’ “fool me once,..” guard is up and strong.
    We’ve seen this change in heart once before by the GOP after Reagan and Bush 1, which was lead and then killed by none other than Newt himself. Therefore, I’m not buying it.

Neocon = Big Government Republicans
    If someone has a better name for them, let me know and I’ll use it instead… but will continue to rail against them.

25. Bill Simon says:

Myabe you mis-heard him. Maybe he said he was an Idiot-arian.

26. IndyInjun says:

I have been seeing this sort of discord all over.

Don’t tell me that George W. Bush is going to continue to wreck this country with a legacy of PERMANENT disunity among conservatives in addition to beginning the avalanche of debt and spending.

Yeah, we indies and Ron Paul supporters had our own tea party and it was a rousing success, but that doesn’t mean that we don’t want to expand the idea.

The more the merrier and it is highly unlikely that the coalition that emerges agrees on ANYTHING except stopping the financial insanity that threatens us all.

27. JBSmacon says:

The issue of 10th Amendment, States Rights, should be proclaimed at the Tea Party rallies. We have HR280 sitting quietly in the Ga. House and those who really want to take back their government should be screaming for its passage.

28. c_murrayiii says:

I think Hannity is very entertaining and makes some good points from time to time…that said if he becomes the focus of the Tea Party then the event will, in my opinion, be a failure. We don’t need some radio/t.v. loudmouth up there stroking his own ego, we need citizens shouting from their own mouths that they are tired of the abuse of our rights and our Constitution. The original Tea Partyers (not the Ron Paul folks, the colonists) wore oufits to hide their identity, they didn’t try to gain personal popularity. In fact, having someone like Hannity makes it look less like a rally of citizens and more like a media event intended to promote Hannity. The media will spin it as such and ignore the true dissatisfaction of the taxpayers.

29. Icarus says:

And C Murray3, who should post more often, articulates the other half of my bookend of problems with this event very well.

30. Bill Simon says:

Hannity is not the focus of the Tea Party. The grassroots outcry is the main focus.

Spoken like someone who really has no clue as to how “spin” works in this country…but, yet, she practices it herself often when given a chance.