What are your top stories in 2008?
I think we would have to include:
1. Creative Loafing’s financial issues
2. Challenges to the Speaker
3. Obama making Georgia competitive
4. Karen Handel v. Jim Powell
5. Water Issues
6. The continuing disintegration of Fulton County via mass incorporation
According to our internal traffic stats, here are the top viewed posts this past year at Peach Pundit:
(1) Bigfoot found in Georgia
(2) Tennessee v. Georgia: Water rights not football
(3) Creative Loafing’s difficulties / Ken Edelstein getting fired
(4) Gas shortages in and around Atlanta
(5) Clayton County Schools System losing accreditation
(6) The 50 most beautiful people in Georgia
(7) Soulja MARTA girl’s video and subsequent arrested
(8) Herman Cain goes full time on the radio after Chris Krok leaves WSB [actually a 2007 story that continued to get traffic in January and February]
(9) All things Gena Evans
(10) The demise of Vernon “Snuggles” Jones’s political career.
Now what are your stories of interest?
UPDATE: Ruby reminds me of something. Truth be told, this is our most trafficked story of 2008, followed by this one. Numbers one through ten in the list above are actually three through twelve. The reason I did not include the other two is because all the traffic was internal jumping around — not people coming from elsewhere into Peach Pundit for stories.