Palin to campaign for Chambliss.

She’ll be here Monday according to a press release received via email:

ATLANTA—U.S. Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) today confirmed that Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will campaign in Georgia with him on Monday, December 1st.

“I was thrilled when I got the call that Governor Palin would be able to make the trip to Georgia to campaign with me the day before the runoff election,” Saxby said. “Julianne and I are honored that she would take the time to travel to Georgia to tell everyone how important this election is and I know that she will receive an enthusiastic welcome everywhere we go.”

Governor Palin will join Saxby for four public rallies across the state on Monday, December 1st: 8:30 am in Augusta; 11:00 am in Savannah; 1:30 pm in Perry; and 4:00 pm in north metro Atlanta. More specific details on exact locations and how to obtain tickets will be available later this week.

UPDATE: Here are the locations for the Palin/Chambliss events. Tickets are free but you must RSVP with the campaign. Click here to RSVP

8:30 AM AUGUSTA

Perry, GA 31069

4:00 PM METRO ATLANTA
Gwinnett Arena
6400 Sugarloaf Parkway
Duluth, GA 30097

1. North Ga Indy says:

I’d hate to admit it, but Palin campaigning for Chambliss is basically hurting his Runoff chances. Don’t get me wrong, I think that her campaigning for him may help him somewhat, but she is simply too polarizing of a political figure to do much good for Sen. Chambliss.

2. modcon says:

I don’t think polarizing the electorate is a concern in the runoff. Most people have already made up their mind on who they support (those that haven’t probably don’t even know that there is a runoff). With the dismal turnout in most runoffs, the trick is making sure that those who already support Saxby remember and are sufficiently motivated to go vote on December 2nd. A visit from Palin will do that.

3. drjay says:

i realize the dynamics of politics may have changed a little this year, but runoffs are historically about getting your base back to the polls 3 weeks later and she is generally popular w/ the base, that is her purpose and i’m sure she will perform it well

4. ChuckEaton says:

Here are some interesting figures I saw on the SOS website:

2,084,179 total early votes were cast in the general election and 34.6% were black.

236,992 early votes have been cast through 11/25/08 in the current runoff with 22.4% black votes. 20,593 mail-in ballots have been returned.

5. kcordell says:

drjay has it right. The conservative base loves this woman and if anyone can pull out the base Gov. Palin can.

6. DrWilson says:

Palin heads down to Georgia to stump for Chambliss. Fantastic.

After her laugh-a-minute campaign performance and her gaff-a-week encores since, those who have become hooked on Palin as entertainment are sure to be delighted.

Now that the immediate threat of her being elected to national office is past, they can lean back, relax, and look forward to more instant classics like her most recent international hit, “How to Pardon a Turkey on TV”.

While Palin did energize the Republican base, she was also directly responsible for the largest one-day inflow of cash to the Democratic coffers during the entire campaign.

Keep it up, Sarah. Everybody loves ya’ now.

7. atlantaman says:

“After her laugh-a-minute campaign performance and her gaff-a-week encores”

Aren’t you talking about Biden?

8. boyreporter says:

There’s a big difference. Biden had a few harmless slips of the tongue. Palin’s words revealed a knowledge-deprived, narcissistic ex-beauty queen wannabe who makes George W. Bush not the stupidest person on earth. McCain is a reckless a-hole for picking her.

9. umustbekidding says:

BR – “Biden had a few harmless slips ”
    Are you kidding? He has made racial slurs and made more stupid comments than Palin and W combined.

10. North Ga Indy says:

Boyreporter, when you said that Palin’s words revealed a knowledge-deprived, narcissistic ex-beauty queen wannabe. But when you said that McCain was an arsehole, I then knew that you did not know what you were talking about.

11. North Ga Indy says:

Boyreporter, when you said that Palin’s words revealed a knowledge-deprived, narcissistic ex-beauty queen wannabe, I thought you were on to something, but when you said that McCain was an arsehole, I then knew that you did not know what you were talking about.

12. boyreporter says:

Umust and North are possibly the most reality-challenged … uh…arseholes (who uses that?) in history. McCain is one because he put his own welfare above that of the nation. Patriot? Maybe once. Not this year. Reckless arsehole.

13. Bill Simon says:

And North Ga Indy’s pathological hatred of women in politics shows consistently through, proving that it is NOT a “temporary fog” that he exists in, but a full-time HUA (Head Up Ass) existence.

14. Bill Simon says:

North Georgia Indy,

By any chance, you wouldn’t happen to be Bill Stephens, would you?

If not, I’m betting you voted for him in the 2006 SoS primary, and did not vote for Karen Handel in the 2006 General, right?

15. North Ga Indy says:

Simon, I supported Eric Martin on the July 18, 2006 primary, Bill Stephens on the August 8, 2006 Runoff, and Karen Handel on the November 7, 2006 General Election. By the way, I am not Bill Stephens and I don’t hate all women. I’d say that there are 5% of women that I don’t like.

16. Bill Simon says:

NGI,

The 5% you don’t like appears to be women you haven’t actually had an encounter with.

Do you hate Hillary Clinton as much as you appear to despise Palin and Doyle?

17. North Ga Indy says:

I like Clinton. I like Palin too, but she is inexperienced when it comes to National Politics. Doyle gave incoherent reasons for wanting us to vote for her. Doyle is a joker. The 5% of women also includes Serial Killers. Doyle is definitely better than Serial Killers. Doyle is the better portion of the 5%.

18. umustbekidding says:

boy-

Whats with all the name calling? Can’t you use any facts or reasoning?
    NO, because you’re a liberal and you only work off emotion and hatred.

19. jsm says:

“Palin’s words revealed a knowledge-deprived, narcissistic ex-beauty queen wannabe who makes George W. Bush not the stupidest person on earth.”

Go ahead and prove this asinine assertion, boy. A statement like this only proves the ineptness of television media.

To see perfect examples of the “knowledge-deprived,” look here: