Mid-Day Secretary of State Update

“Nearly all of Georgia’s 3,000 voting precincts opened this morning on time and without complication,” Handel said. “The agency’s Office of Inspector General quickly dispatched monitors or technicians to assist poll managers in three precincts that did not open on time, and wait times are averaging from ‘no wait’ to just under an hour statewide. Additionally, the Secretary of State’s Office has received no complaints regarding the photo ID requirement.”

More than 15,000 poll workers are assisting county election officials and precinct managers today at Georgia’s 3,000 voting precincts. Additionally, the Secretary of State’s Office of Inspector General and the Kennesaw State University Center for Election Systems deployed over 150 election monitors, including investigators and technicians, to serve as rapid responders to assist the counties and voters with issues or questions.

1. atlantaman says:

I don’t think anyone specifically mentioned stealing plasma TV’s, but since we’ve got such a history with those types of riots, I could see how the idea would roll off your fingers as you were typing.

I don’t know whether there will be riots or not, but there certainly has been quite a history, and to try and insinuate someone is racist for considering the possibility is ignoring all facts and history.

2. Decaturguy says:

Yep, in the wacko bizarro world of extreme right wingers, calling the Secretary of State an idiot for an overreaching interpretaion of a statute prohibiting paying people to vote is off limits, but saying that black people are going to be out in the streets tonight rioting is fair game.

3. griftdrift says:

“I don’t think anyone specifically mentioned stealing plasma TV’s”

Uh yeah. They did. And I don’t care how you semantically spin it, insinuating that African Americans will turn to crime if things don’t go the way they want is absolutely racist.

4. IndyInjun says:

“Why was the Karen Handel is an idiot thread closed?”

RedState is never far removed.

In this case the Commissar has acted.

Trotskyites get the axe.

5. atlantaman says:

I don’t think anyone said anything about African Americans, but I could see how that would roll off the fingers of someone who looks at things through a racial prism.

6. Chris says:

Who said it was African Americans? I’ve got my local best buy scouted out and know exactly how many paces from the broken window to the Sony model I want.

I can’t wait for the rioting tonight. I’m thinking of stealing me a police car too.

7. Chris says:

Why do you think I’m gonna steal a cop car? Well, that and I may need to get outta there fast when they discover a Honkey is in their looting with them. 🙂

8. griftdrift says:

Yeah. The old racist canard just rolls out of my keyboard all the time. I’m sure anyone here can attest that I am usually the first to call someone or something racist. Happens so often I’m surprised I’m not banned.

Kind of like how no one mentioned stealing plasma tvs.

9. atlantaman says:

You were referring to the brown people.

You act as if we are just a bunch of paranoid racists. Take a look at what major police departments across the country are doing, they can’t afford to make ivory tower comments about racism, they just have to deal with the reality of the situation. The public would be upset with them if there was a riot and they hadn’t prepared.

Carville had this to say, “If Obama goes in and he has a consistent five-point lead and loses the election, it would be very, very, very dramatic out there,”

Which is about as far out on the plank a Democrat analyst is going to venture, try to read between the lines.

Again, I don’t know if there will be riots or not, hopefully not, but I would be damn upset with my local officials if they hadn’t taken necessary precautions.

10. Eff The Dems says:

If someone could point out a time in the last 10-15 years that White Americans rioted, the “racist” arguments from grift and decaturguy would be validated.

But, if there have been no white-driven riots, (and all of the riots were instigated and carried-out by African-Americans), then Eff you Dems for acting all ignorant of facts.

11. Chris says:

damn straight. Us homkeys never riot!! This is our chance. If the white guy loses I say we tear this city apart!

Or we could just go John Galt

12. Decaturguy says:

The only people I forsee rioting after this election are some of those angry, angry white people I saw at McCain/Palin rallies on videos recently.

13. Chris says:

never underestimate the damage that can be done by armed people who are going to paradise with god on their side