I Have A Word For Everyone Who Stood In Line For Hours In The Cold To Vote Early Last Week:

SUCKERS!!!!!!!!

I just voted at my metro polling place, ITP.   In and out, under 7 minutes.

And my ballot ran the table.  R’s, D’s, L’s, NP’s, and an official write in.

Decided “No” on all amendments.

I’m trying to think through the ballot, but I’m thinking only 3 or 4 votes will be for eventual winners.   Oh well, it’s how this republic works.

1. JAC1975 says:

And if 2 million of us had NOT early voted, your smug a$$ would have not been in and out in 7 minutes.

You’re welcome.

2. Doug Deal says:

Icarus, thanks for the open thread, so now I can post an idea that occurred to me last night.

After the election, assuming the biased and completely wrong polls are correct and Obama wins the Presidency, Bush should resign on January 7, after the new Congress is sworn in and the leaders elected. Then, Cheney should immediately resign or refuse the office.

That means either Pelosi takes the Presidency and loses her Speakership and position in Congress to serve as president for 2 weeks, or she passes, and the role falls to Senator Byrd. Bury would not give up his 40 year career to serve a few days as President, so the position would fall to Condoleeza Rice who then makes history by becoming the first black as well as the first female President.

Talk about stealing someone’s thunder.

3. Icarus says:

Pelosi would take the office so that she could be the first female President, with a deal cut that the House would re-elect her speaker when her term expires. She would spend her term talking about nothing but the triumph of diversity because of the Democrats, having the first female and first AA President within weeks of each other.

She would be shocked, shocked to learn three weeks later that the House didn’t want her back when they reneg on their deal.

4. Chris says:

Is the Gov of WV a D or an R? If its a D, then Grand Wizard Byrd could resign to be President, and get re-appointed to his old post.

5. Chris says:

Actually, Pelosi could resign her house seat and speakership, and be reelected as speaker without being re-elected to her house seat.

6. kcordell says:

JAC:

I didn’t see any difference in my precinct because of early voting. It’s been the same for years. I’ve never had to wait in line.

7. GOPeach says:

I will NEVER voter early again – We stood in line 3 hours!!! Just took some little widows to vote up in Marietta. Saw Cindye Coates and her son waving signs! Saw a lot of Hunter Hill signs. Oh-
    these ladies got to vote fast because they are eldery. It took us MAYBE 10 minutes – MAYBE.
    sheeeeeeze. Live & learn!

8. Doug Deal says:

Trent Lott’s boney finger clutched the Majority leadership position with a stealy deathgrip.

Boehner and Blount do not look to willing to take their lumps and step aside for someone else to lead.

9. TPNoGa says:

I arrived at my polling place in North DeKalb at around 6:15am. I went even earlier than I planned because WSB 750am was going on and on about horrible lines. I was 14th in line. I was out of there by 7:10am. Thank you suckers!

Oh, I almost forgot…….GO GATORS!