I assume Georgia will lose

What say you?

These days, No. 5 Florida has got oodles of speed and its opponents – Saturday in Jacksonville it’s No. 8 Georgia – are the ones usually chasing.

Florida’s offense, which already was formidable with Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow and receiver/running back Percy Harvin, now has a pair of lightning-quick weapons at tailback in freshman Jeffrey Demps and redshirt freshman Chris Rainey.

1. drjay says:

if its a shootout like the lsu game–ga has a good chance, a lower scoring game i think is advantage fla–but i can’t say that out loud b/c i am genetically unable to say anything positive about the jean short wearing backwater residents of gainesville fla…

2. debbie0040 says:

It depends on how Georgia plays. I never would have thought Alabama would have defeated Georgia and Tennessee and be undefeated now. You just never know.

If Florida has a great run defense then Georgia will have problems.. Georgia seems to struggle with teams that have good run defenses.

I would not focus too much attention on Florida’s offense. Georgia has a pretty good pass defense..

Defense will be the key

3. Icarus says:

I’m assuming nothing.

This is perhaps the most even matchup of these two teams in quite a while. Injuries might give a slight edge to UF given UGA’s defensive line losses, but I don’t think it’s as bad as losing Shockley the week before UF or T-bow’s playing hurt last year.

Better yet, for the first time since I was in college, I think we’re inside the Gator’s heads instead of having them inside of ours. They’re still miffed about the “celebration” from last year. Could be used for extra motivation, but I think it has them worrying more about getting even than actually winning.

4. OleDirtyBarrister says:

I think you hit on an important aspect Icarus, and that is the mental component. I also believe that it is a fairly balanced matchup, with a lot riding on the outcome. The winner plays in the dome and has a chance at a BCS game. The loser will be in a second tiered bowl game in December.

5. TPNoGa says:

With the teams as even as they are, you can’t predict who will win. In rivalry games, anything can happen.

GO GATORS!!!

6. Jeff Emanuel says:

You’ve GOT to be freaking kidding me, Erick. Did you somehow miss what Knowshon, Darryl Gamble, and the rest of the Dawgs did you your precious Bayou Bengals last week?

In case you need a reminder, they laid 52 points on the Tigers, and won geaux-ing away in Death Valley. (That’s a point more than the Florida Croclets put on the tiggers in Flordia, in case you needed a little more salt in that thar’ wound).

It’ll be a great game, especially if Georgia remembers to pack its defense. Regardless, in the immortal words of Brian Fantana, “Take it easy, Champ. Why don’t you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while,” and let the two teams that whipped the daylights out of that purple-and-yellow-wearing Lose-iana team get about the business of playing the big boy football this weekend, eh?

😉

I kid because I love, but seriously — come on.

7. liberator says:

The Dawgs are the best team in college football now and will cream Florida like last year. If Georgia had played LSU last year we would have killed em like we did last week. We were number one last year and will be this year. The only question is will the Heisman go to Stafford,Moreno,or Green?