Ollie North to make stop in Atlanta.

Oliver North will speak at the Fulton Republican Party’s Victory Dinner tonight at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Dunwoody. Before the dinner at 5:15 PM, North will be available for interviews. Contact Brandon Phillips at 404-851-1444 for more information.

Here’s the press release.

1. Progressive Dem says:

Ollie North:
    1) Outstanding military career
    2) Sells weapons to Iran
    3) Sends millions of American tax dollars to a corrupt thug, Manuel Noreiga
    4) Trafficks in cocaine and marijuana
    5) Shreds government documents
    6) Lies under oath to Congress
    7) Indicted for 16 felonies, convicted of three
    8) Uses ACLU to find a procedural technicality to appeal his convictions although no evidence was found that prosecutors used testimony that was given under immunity
    9) Republican hero

How many ways can you spell disgraced hypocrite.

2. Bill_k says:

AltConservative, do you always post before you think? I spent 20 years in the Army. And I did it without smuggling drugs, selling weapons to Iran or supporting terrorists in Nicaragua.

Ollie North is a big example of why I can never be a Republican. He committed very serious crimes, but all is forgiven because he “took one for the team”. Everything he did was considered OK because it was for “our” side. I question the judgement of anyone who thinks North is a good man.

3. Doug Deal says:

Bill_K,

You have really selective disappointment if you cannot see that there are many rotten people on the other side as well.

To hold one side to a standard of perfect behavior while forgiving the much greater excesses on the other side will lead to disaster. Elections are not about who is perfect, it is about who is better, because that is the only choice we have at the end of the day.

4. Bill_k says:

Doug, those are some amazing leaps of logic you are making! Where did I say I hold one side to a different standard than another? My whole point was that is what Republicans are doing when they praise North in ways such as making him a guest of honor at their dinner. If Republicans discovered a Democrat doing what North has done they would be calling for his execution.

Rest assured, I hold in contempt ALL drug-smugglers and supporters of terrorism.

5. Doug Deal says:

So, you have no issue with the Democrats? Nothing any Democrat has ever done, who is currently praised by at least one member of the Democratic party rises to the “why I can never be a Republican” level? Excuse me as I scoff at your credibility.

/scoff

6. Progressive Dem says:

A wise man once told me that it takes years to build a reputation and days to blow it up.

I gave him credit for his service. He destroyed his reputation by committing criminal acts and violating his oath by ignoring the Constitution.