Erick Erickson: RIP

It is with great regret that we announce Erick has died.

After suffering through a painfully boring City Council meeting wherein he worked diligently to ignore Lindsey Holliday by surfing Facebook, he then watched the townhall debate and was bored to death.

1. I’d post a response but I’m asleep.

Seriously, I think the blame rests with Brokaw. I understand you had to talk about the economy, but surely someone in the audience or somewhere among the 6,000,000 questions submitted via internet had something new to ask.

2. bowersville says:

After the debate tonight, we are grieved to announce the passing of the Presidency of John McCain. John McCain’s dismal debate performance and lost Presidency will be mourned by many. McCain’s missed opportunity is survived by the Presidency of Barack Obama.

3. John Konop says:

McCain buying 5 trillion dollars of bad home loans and giving the equity to the home owner who defaulted was the only wake up call for me!

The rest of the debate was more of the same.

4. Vic says:

Priorities, priorities, you better check to see if Karen Handel has purged Erick from the voter registration list yet. Better yet, you better see if YOU have been purged from the voter list.

“Surprise: You’re off the voter list”
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Friday, October 03, 2008

“Despite numerous requests, state elections officials would not identify the voters whose names were removed nor say how many people were affected in the latest round. Carrothers said the information wouldn’t be available until after the upcoming election.”

“Letter to new voters called confusing”
    By Aaron Gould Sheinin
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Monday, October 06, 2008

5. John Konop says:

Doug Deal

What are saying McCain did say it!

McCain would buy bad homeowner mortgages

from The Associated Press

….”I would order the secretary of the Treasury to immediately buy up the bad home-loan mortgages in America and renegotiate at the new value of those homes — at the diminished values of those homes — and let people be able to make those payments and stay in their homes,” he said….

6. Chris says:

WooHoo! With Erick gone we can finally post about Sarah Palin again!

(At least until PP dies like it did for the better part of yesterday)

7. My favorite part is when Tom Brokaw said to Obama, “what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. ”

No wait, that was Billy Madison’s principle.

8. Demonbeck says:

I want everyone to know that I fully support Erick’s Right to Life.

SpaceyG, apparently, is pro-choice.

9. GOP Girl says:

1. did he pay by check?;
    2. Foul on Erick for the title of this thread because it made my heart skip a beat thinking something bad had actually happened to him;
    3. What does his death have to do with Georgia??

10. Vic says:

“wherein he worked diligently to ignore Lindsey Holliday”

If you missed Dr Holliday’s five minute presentation, you missed your opportunity to be educated on the 100 year flood plain as it relates to the construction of the proposed I16/I75 interchange and the misguidedness of Councilpersons blocking peer and public input regarding half billion dollar expenditures of local, state and national funds.

I thought allegedly fiscally conservative republicans were interested in anticipating potential future liabilities as a result of current political actions?