1. Painterman says:

You must remember one thing here. Supreme Court Justices. What will be worse, 6 more years of Saxby or 20-30 years of liberal judges like Hillary Clinton legislating from the bench? 3 judges are likely to be replaced by the next President and it is the Senate that confirms. If Obama wins and has 60 Dem Senators to do his bidding, we can kiss a lot more of our freedoms goodbye.

2. Chris says:

Oh lose the supreme court nonsense.

The amount of good that Alito and Roberts will do pails in comparison to the crap that George W. Bush has pushed down the conservatives throats for the past 8 years.

We’d have been better off with John Kerry winning in 2004. This moronic scare-tactic about judges was used then too.

3. rugby fan says:

“If Obama wins and has 60 Dem Senators to do his bidding, we can kiss a lot more of our freedoms goodbye.”

Kind of like how this current administration has shown an utter contempt for civil liberties and granting rights to citizens?

4. Donkey Kong says:

I really don’t see how Bush is much different than FDR. Socially conservative, but sure, the Democrats back then had morals. FDR trampled on the tradition of the presidency by running for a third term, Bush trampled on the sacred nature of the Presidency by almost entirely replacing policy with politics and creating an atmosphere of fear. I’ve been a long-time Bush supporter, but there are way too many accounts of Bush’s administration misleading even those within its administration, as well as the American public, about issues of foreign affairs, that I can’t help but view him as nearly monarchical.

Great article about him in the latest issue of Esquire, btw.

5. AtlConservative says:

I am a bit concerned that I agree with Jason Pye, but there you have it! Down with Saxby. Actually, down with every single person you voted Yay!

6. Jason Pye says:

Why would you be concerned that you agree with me? If you are truly a conservative (at least on fiscal issues), you would agree with me often.

7. Wavy says:

“but sure, the Democrats back then had morals”

Donkey Kong, are you suggesting that Democrats now don’t have morals?

To even suggest that as a collective any particular group of people with a loose affiliation of ideas is somehow moral or immoral is pretty ridiculous. Sure Nazism, Satanism, those folks can effectively be labeled immoral, but Democrats… really? They can’t even get together to agree on a single issue, yet they can surely be categorized as collectively immoral?

I can now confidently classify you as an idiot, or a partisan idiot… actually…. how about partisan idiot as a sub category under the larger idiot category? Will that do?

8. Donkey Kong says:

Wavy,

You can classify me however you want.

I was a bit careless in my remark. What I meant was the Democratic Party lacked morals, not Democrats. Many of my Dem friends are very moral people, probably moreso than I. But liberalism, the unabashed philosophy of the Democratic Party, is fundamentally relativist and fails to critique (dare I say discriminate?) moral and ethical systems. Morals imply universality, something liberalism refuses to acknowledge.

9. MediaGuyAtl says:

I had to laugh when my 9 year old son asked me to take down Saxby’s sign in our front yard. He knows how disappointed I was in Saxby’s vote the other night.

I sent an email to Saxby this morning asking him who the lobbyist was that convinced him to vote yes for the “crap sandwich”? Just wondering. He replied with a three page essay explaining his vote. He claims now is not the time to bring up politics, I guess he missed that the election is only 30 days away. He talks about the subpoenas being issued to the Fannie/Freddie Execs, well when Obama takes over I can guarantee you these subpoenas will be thrown out and most likely the very same Fannie & Freddie Execs will be running the Treasury Dept. Thanks Saxby! You have 30 days to convince me why I should vote for you? Plus, stop sending me the 3 page essay and answer my original question. Which lobbyist convinced you to vote the way you did?

One note: I applaud Dr. Tom Price for both of his votes. Dr. Price voted NO both times! At least we have a small voice in DC, after November 4th who knows?

10. Donkey Kong says:

Media guy,

Did you notice that ALL of the G-7 delegation voted against the bailout? And ALL of our Senators voted for it? There seems to be some kind of disconnect…

11. AtlConservative says:

MediaGuyAtl – well put! I have sent e-mails in the past and always get the same generic response that usually has little to do with my e-mail. I urge everyone to vote libertarian to send Saxby the real message – we want a fiscal conservative, not a RINO!

12. jsm says:

“They can’t even get together to agree on a single issue, yet they can surely be categorized as collectively immoral?”

Believing that a person should pay a higher percentage of his income in tax because he earns more money than another is immoral. Believing the government should forceably take from taxpayers to prop up and enslave poor people who choose not to work is immoral… collectively.