Fantasy Football Update, With A Sign Of The Pending Apocolypse

At the end of week three, there are three undefeated teams left.   On the basis of total points accrued, Icarus’s (THAT’s ME!  THAT’s ME!) Melted Wings Part II team barely edges out Buzz Brockway’s Obama The Savior team for first place, by .56 of a point.  Peach State Punisher is also undefeated.   Icarus predicts his stay at the top to be short lived, as his featured back has a sprained ankle, and his QB and best WR are taking the week off.  Dr. Jay’s Mad Molars may get lucky here.   He could use it, as his team is only 20 points behind the leaders, yet has managed only 1 win thus far.

The College Pick’em game has The Driving Buddha extending his lead (which is a good thing, if you look at his team’s performance in the Fantasy league), with 56 total points.  Tied for second place with 51 points are Icarus (ME AGAIN!) and Les Miles’ Hat.   Driving Buddha and Icarus won the weekly pics, with 14 correct each.  No one picked less than 10 games correct, so we’re all bunched up in the same range.

We didn’t suck as bad this week with our Pro Picks, with Slobberknockers and UglyDawg picking 10 correct.  Slobberknockers leads the cumulative score with 28, followed by UglyDawg at 27, and Riprock at 26.  Notice there are a lot of names that aren’t recognized on the pages here at PP.   Quit lurking and start commenting guys.

1. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

Sorry for my lack of posts, but Smyrna White Trash have become a victim of the “Digital Divide” 🙁

2. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

Icarus, there was an ugly rumor going around a couple of months back that you are a state legislator. I find that hard to believe, you have a good sense of humor, you don’t take yourself too seriously, and your posts are insightful 😉

3. Icarus says:

You should hear some of the rumors about me using my real name. (and I only started half of them, just to make my life sound more interesting)

4. JamesStratfield says:

Buzz, Prepare to lose big this week. The only reason I have those two losses is I completely didn’t pay attention the first two weeks and let people who were injured play. Last week I put a hurt on whoever I played. You are going down.

5. It would be wise for you to behave more circumspectly when addressing the Lord Obama Mr. Stratfield. You will most certainly lose. Embrace hope and change and I shall go easy on you. Do it not and you will suffer grievously.

6. Icarus says:

Doug,

I’ve been many places.

I’m just looking forward to winning the Fantasy League, so I can tell everyone:

“I’m going to Disney World!”

7. Icarus says:

Why would I ever want to get rid of liberal democrats? Keeping them around contributes to my overwhelming sense of superiority.

Same for Tech Fans.

31-17

8. Icarus says:

Apparently there was some sort of scoring protest/rescore during the week. Buzz’s Obama The Savior team now leads my Melted Wings Part II team by .44 of a point.

Get your picks in for the Pick’ems.