Dear Rick Goddard

You have just solidified my vote for Jim Marshall. I despise fear-based politics. The mailing done on your behalf by the Georgia Republican Party with the paragraph, “Radical Islamic terrorists bent on destroying us. Borders that remain open, allowing untold millions to sneak in at will” highlights the problems with our political system. You use scare tactics in an attempt to drive voters to your candidacy. It’s an old political trick, I realize that. However, it is worn out tactic that makes your candidacy look weak, tired and shameful.

There is no doubt that you would support the same policies that undermine the Constitution as the current administration (USA PATRIOT, warrantless wiretapping, etc.). There is nothing conservative about undermining the Bill of Rights and the Rule of Law.

I do not agree with Jim Marshall on much politically, but you have given me no reason to vote for you.

To the folks at the Georgia Republican Party. Please remove me from your mailing list.

1. StevePerkins says:

I don’t think it’s physically possible to be removed from a mailing list anymore. I’m a member of both the NRA and the ACLU… meaning that I average 3 calls or mailings per week from each of the two major parties. That’s nothing, though… I’ve started setting my wristwatch by the hourly Barr messages.

I think I’m going to stop joining advocacy organizations. At least 100% of your membership dues goes toward the cost of mailing you more fundraising solicitations.

2. A vote for Goddard is a vote for a real Democrat in 2010?

I mean that is what some are arguing. Be glad you aren’t getting Jim’s mailing, they are just as bad. I really do not think many people can actually win in this district without resorting to unscrupulous methods.

3. Doug Deal says:

Jason,

Oops, I just got back from their website where I signed up as you as a volunteer for phone banking and canvassing and as potential donor. I hope that doesn’t spoil your plans.

4. Jason Pye says:

Uhhh, Chris…I hate to break this to you, but I’m not a Republican. I have supported some Republican candidates, but I vote Libertarian when the government lets me.

Republicans do not represent my beliefs. They’ve generally run over the Constitution and been irresponsible with taxpayer dollars. I worked with the RLC for a short time, but I felt my efforts were best spent elsewhere.

5. fishtail says:

Jason…not to worry…according to the AJC this afternoon, the NRA has endorsed Marshall and Barrow. That means these 2 Dems are a lock for re-election in a few weeks, at least in the eyes of the NRA.

6. Chris says:

Goddard is desperate. The GOP is in the sh–er over their incompetence. All he has left is to play to the homophobes and bigots in middle Georgia.

7. Sue Everhart says Goddard is going to win. As a good Georgia Republican, I believe everything that she says. Except that thing about McCain being like Jesus. But everything else.

8. IndyInjun says:

Taft,

Sue Everhart said that the state GOP would not tolerate anyone opposing Saxby Chambliss, a man that has betrayed every principle that the Republican Party ever presented.

Don’t discount her partisanship, but everything else is suspect.

9. goodbyemarshall says:

Ron, well said. But there are many people that LOVE Rick Goddard. Mac is a good fella, but let’s be honest, he was a terrible campaigner.

Marshall faces a true challenge and it is obvious that is why he went negative fast here, he realizes Goddard is looking very good and gaining a lot of steam.

Tell me what’s wrong with this picture:

Jim Marshall is the sitting congressman. Jim Marshall complains about Illegal Immigration.

Jim Marshall has had 6 years to do something about this problem. He runs the same ads talking about the same issue he has failed to address the last 6 years.

Jim Marshall voted for Spanish speaking ballots.

Irony is, here is a man, who is complaining about Illegal Immigration, and yet, he has accomplished nothing, tries to mudsling Goddard for his incompetency.

Maybe, Marshall should fire himself according to his standards.

I am tired of this guy, he has done nothing, he needs to go.

10. liberator says:

Jason You are correct! Goodard would totally disregard the Constitution as do many in the GOP and Democratic Party. Wish we could get a Libertarian on the ballot for this seat.