FWIW

Palin = not a Georgia topic.

Sorry I’ve been less than engaged here this week. That wouldn’t have happened were I able to be online like usual.

I’m going to go down and try to get some delegation videos later — assuming I can get floor access.

1. Three Jack says:

msnbc is trying so hard to discredit the speech.

“too much sarcasm” seems to be the scripted line of the libs. “she attacked obama too much”…blah, blah. why did that blubbering vagitarian rachel madow get her own show?

2. Doug, That woman is an iron/silk woman!!! She knows how to hammer down in a big way!! The speech was brilliant and connected at every level!!! Kudo’s Gov. Perdue and Gov. Palin.

Now this is an official Georgia post.

3. Icarus says:

ABC was a bit more balanced. Diane Sawyer kept saying “well, she certainly emphasized she was part of small town America”, in a sarcastic tone, seeming to miss that she and the other talking heads next to her were what Palin was aiming at.

George Stephonopolis, however, seemed genuinely impressed with the speach, though seemed to struggle to find something critical to say about it.

4. Icarus says:

I’m sure Dick Williams won’t have time to discuss this on the GA Gang. Vernon Jones has probably done something to irritate him again this week.

Or maybe Rick Allen will drop by to tell us that Coke has a rich history in the Atlanta area…

5. Doug Deal says:

I wonder why the press has not challenged Obama on “I am running a 1,500 person campaign”. That’s like saying Tide or Cascade runs Proctor and Gamble. He is the nothing but the product, the campaign manager and his staff runs the campaign. Maybe Obama has so much “experience” pretending to be things that he doesn’t know the difference.

6. heroV says:

Doug, it’s also a lot like saying the President runs the White House when his chief of staff et al are probably mostly in charge. But, the buck stops at the top.

7. boyreporter says:

Speaking of the White House…perfect summation of the two Bush prezzies in the current New Yorker: “Unlike George H.W. Bush who was born on third base and thought he hit a triple, George W. Bush was born on third base and stole second.”

Dang, wish I’d said that.

8. joe says:

NBC News just aired a video clip of Sarah Palin at a press conference. Standing behind her was none other than Sonny Perdue. There is a huge Georgia politics connection.

9. Doug Deal says:

boy,

That was funny, and I agree 100%. My mental image of G W Bush is him watching the tele-tubbies in the Oval Office. He really gets a kick out of that darned baby in the Sun.

10. bowersville says:

FWIW. I hate it that the national President/VP campaign topics are coming to an end. But I understand why.

It’s just not fair to hunt progressives on a baited field. But is has been fun.