On the Floor

The Georgia delegation has a prime spot on the floor for the festivities tonight. They are right behind Arizona to the speaker’s left on stage. It’s a great seat. And they are fired up right now. The Georgia delegation is pushing the “USA! USA!” chants hard.

1. midtown_maven says:

Joe Lieberman has really left the farm.
    May as well switch parties tomorrow, that’s if the Dems don’t throw him out first.

2. tb says:

the dems are going to be really pissed at lieberman, my goodness I thought he would just provide testimonial for his friendship with McCain, I am really surprised he gave swipes at Obama.

3. tb says:

What mccain needs to do, is continue to make distinctions between himself and obama and between himself and bush.. People want a shake up in washington and play on the ‘maverick’ appeal.. they continue to do that, they have it in the bag.

4. Harry says:

Did you all catch Thompson’s speech? He was dynamite….never heard him so fired up. Here’s the highlights from National Review Online:

Two of Fred Thompson’s early lines hit the same notes as the observations of many of my NR colleagues: “Listening to them you’d think that we were in the middle of a great depression; that we are down, disrespected and incapable of prevailing against challenges facing us… We also know that we live in the freest, strongest, most generous and prosperous nation in the history of the world and we are thankful.”

A very good line to refute the snarky liberal bloggers who have been arguing that McCain’s sentence structure has been “noun, verb, POW.”

Thompson said, “Now, being a POW certainly doesn’t qualify anyone to be President… But it does reveal character.”

“Character you can believe in” also garnered its share of nods and applause.

Ouch: “The respect he is given around the world is not because of a teleprompter speech designed to appeal to American critics abroad.”

5. bpolitical says:

I’m in agreement Harry. Impassioned speech by the former Senator. He did his job tonight.

However, I don’t know if it bothered anyone else, but from a logistical perspective, the flow and overall production quality of the convention tonight was horrible.

There were no logical music segways between speakers; although the video screen on stage is impressive (50′ x 30′), it does not provide a good backdrop for the television crews; and the biographical videos about John McCain, Bush 41, etc. were subpar at best.

Disappointing from a production perspective.

6. GOPeach says:

pillows???

sleep inducing nights ???

The RNC is being respectful of all those in danger of hurricanes. They are descent enough to keep the tone somber and reflective as opposed to hip hop bump and grind.

7. JBC says:

I was waiting for the RNC to bring out Hacksaw Jim Duggan and his 2×4 during parts of last night’s speeches.

8. boyreporter says:

Sleep-inducing, indeed. Except for worrying about what’s in store for this country if these yokels (“Hi, y’all, lookie how close we arrrr…”) get in. Make that, stay in.

So Erick and Company are going to lead the “USA! USA! USA!” chants. Good thing the chant’s easy to remember. Wouldn’t want to tax their brains. Maybe a second verse (?) could be something a little more Bush-like: “Yee-haw! Yee-haw! Yee-haw!” But wait, that’ll be in Sarah’s speech.

9. tb says:

Gee boyreporter, can you be any more childish?! Why do you have to inject every thread with some very wrong characature of a Republican. Hell I am from the northeast originally, have duel college degrees, and do not speak with a yee-haw accent at all. I moved to Ga, to get as far away from CT and taxxachusetts as possible, because they killed my personal economy. The former mayor of my hometown (dem) sits in federal prison, ran my town into the ground financially along with the dem power brokers of CT who tax and spent the entire connecticut economy to hell. fortunately, I got out in time and found jobs and real estate here. Now I hear that the dems want to tax all HOMEOWNERS on the sale of primary residences… that’s a reality I will never want to see happen.

10. boyreporter says:

Yes, tb, I can be more childish, and I hope to prove it. By the way, I’m sorry you have “duel” college degrees. Can’t we all just get along?Oh, and rednecks are not confined to the South. And I remind you that the contemporary Republican Party in the southern states came to life over the race issue when southern segregationist/racist Democrats were invited to come on over.

11. tb says:

Dude, if I was a racist, my children wouldn’t have multinational friends. ITs you dems that will keep the minorities down by taking away any shred of American Ingenuity away from the Average citizen.. We will be forever beholden to social programs and social fix-its so that we will all be the same. If I was narrow minded, I would never have worked on legislation to attempt to improve public schools, But you know what… I gave up! I worked across party lines to get stiffer laws for bullying, but that didn’t fly…… the school systems didn’t want it, and they fought it! We need school choice. Because guess what – ALL children do better when the parents can pick where the child goes. Did you know that achievement levels of minorities is UP in charter schools? Of course we shouldn’t go there. Too much reality.

I have stood up to the bureaucrats and told them to stop locking up disabled children in isolation rooms in public schools too. That’s right – a disability advocate. So please spare me. My record speaks for itself.

12. Donkey Kong says:

Even though some of our elected officials make me mad as hell, convince me they are predominately slime, and make me never want to enter politics, its times like these I’m proud of Georgia. And its people like Erick that I’m glad are representing us, either as a delegate or just a citizen with a damn large microphone.

Vote USA. Vote McCain.

13. boyreporter says:

Three Jack: Is that your IQ and name? You do seem a bit dense.

tb: You just seem puzzled. Back on your meds.

Donkey: Proud of Erick and Georgians? You need to get out more.

So many fools, so little time…

14. boyreporter says:

Bill has learned the naughty “F” word. His mom must be proud. I bet he says “poopy-pants” a lot on the playground, too.

15. boyreporter says:

“is that all you got boygeorge, republicans are racists?” — At least you admit it.

“are you konop in virtual drag?”– No, real drag as in the gatherings at your house, remember? You should have better wine next time, btw.