Jacobs Draws Opponent – Who Actually Lives In The District

SOS has reversed herself, and allowed Michelle Conlon (D/I-Afraid of Keith Gross), to appear on the ballot against Mike Jacobs, So says Jim Galloway.

1. SavannahDem says:

Poor, poor Mike. You came soooo close to a cake walk.

It was really too cute by half on the part of Jacobs. Why not get Gross dq’ed later (i.e. October) and avoid this problem?

Or did Mike out think himself? Hard to believe. I hear Mike’s a genius.

2. Icarus says:

Why not get Gross dq’ed later (i.e. October) and avoid this problem?

Probably because there are strict deadlines for filing residency challenges, not that the guys in your party tend to follow these things.

3. SavannahDem says:

In that case it’d be smarter to use it as an issue in the campaign. Go for the October suprise angle. Negative mailers with pictures of FL tags, FL driver’s license, etc.

Good rule of thumb for opp. research, either use it early (to keep the opponent out of the race) or use it late (to kill them off). Using it in the middle yeilds uncertain results.

4. Icarus says:

Great. Someone that admits they don’t understand basic campaign law still insists on telling the rest of us what is “smarter”. Duly noted.

5. Rogue109 says:

I’m just excited about Conlon’s captivating campaign platform:

* Healthcare – I have had my own health battles and I understand the importance of health insurance. But, I also know we cannot sustain the path we are currently traveling.

* Education – I am a product of the public education system, and I believe in the role that public education plays.

* Alternative Energy – one day alternative energy will just be energy and we all live down stream. Additionally, we have to tackle transportation in our region.

* Taxes – I truly believe there needs to be a shift in our thinking around tax policy but that we must protect systems and structures for our senior citizens and those who are under privileged.

6. SavannahDem says:

Geez, sorry for not having read O.C.G.A. Section 21-2-5 this week…

Do you not agree that it would have been smarter to use this info in October?

By knocking out Gross, Jacobs has upgraded in challengers. And thank God for that, Jacobs needs to get beat.

7. midtown_maven says:

Jacobs dq’ing Gross did the Democrats a favor.

The ability of Stuckey, Kidd and others to recruit and build a crediable strategy for House gains was exposed as feeble, opening the door for more serious and skilled players to take charge.

8. Bill Simon says:

“Alternative Energy – one day alternative energy will just be energy and we all live down stream. Additionally, we have to tackle transportation in our region.”

We all “live downstream.”

Reminds me of Jay Bookman’s asinine editorial the other day when he pointed out “If it wasn’t for Atlanta being here, Florida would get more of it’s water.”

Yeahhhhh…that’s the problem with US being here. We’re taking water from Florida.

Bookman is taking time away from me to read his gobbley-gook, twisted editorials. He should go the Emory and have some special surgery performed…the kind that takes the stuff coming out of his rear-end and feeds it back into this body so that he can become a walking-talking cesspool 24 hours per day.

9. Icarus says:

“Do you not agree that it would have been smarter to use this info in October? ”

No, I don’t. You deal with the opponent that you have, not the one that might be able to do the near impossible and get on the ballot as an Indy.

And while I’m sure she’ll be formidable, she still has to get people to vote for her. People like the one’s who showed up to vote for the Georgia General Primary and pitched fits because Obama wasn’t on their ballot. Are these average voters going to know that the I is really a D?

10. SavannahDem says:

I’m not sure how much the I will hurt Conlon. We’ll see. A case can be made that it won’t hurt too badly.

Among uninformed people there are:

People who don’t like Mike and/or don’t like R’s. They vote for Michele.

People who will have slates. They’ll vote for Michele.

Additionally, Michele will run her campaign which will attract supporters.

I also think that Jacobs has turned more people off than he’s converted since elected.

The above scenario is worse than having a 24 year old non-resident to kick around in October.

11. ChuckEaton says:

Rolling the “almost a Democrat” Conlon out as the second choice to Gross will serve as a true inspiration to the Democrat voters in Jacob’s district.

12. SavannahDem says:

I don”t know any “Democrat” voters in the district, but I hear the “Democratic” voters are fired up.