Senate District 13 runoff results

From today’s Albany Herald.

Unofficial and incomplete results from Tuesday’s runoff have John Crosby beating Wally Roberts with 69.7 percent of the vote, according to the Georgia Secretary of State’s Election’s Division. With 96 percent of the precincts reporting, Crosby has 2,340 votes with Roberts receiving 1,016 votes.

1. North Ga Indy says:

Yes, Crosby won! I think that Roberts ran a very good campaign and has a future in Georgia politics. Roberts really deserved to win, but so did Crosby. Don’t worry, Roberts will move on to bigger and better things, and he will indeed shine on.

This video is a tribute to the Roberts campaign and what he will become in Georgia politics:

2. gatormathis says:

My download is coming in kinda fuzzy.
    Is that Wally playing the guitar, or is that him towards the end on the keyboard? I only met him once so I can’t really tell.

Either way, he does some impressive music.

3. North Ga Indy says:

Uh, that is not Wally Roberts. That is Pink Floyd, the guitarist was either Roger Waters or David Gilmour. The Keyboardist was Richard Wright.

4. North Ga Indy says:

Say what? You’ve never heard of Pink Floyd. How old are you? I’m young enough and I like that band.

5. North Ga Indy says:

Uh, Okay. I would’nt know what those are cause I never get those when I listen to Pink Floyd.

6. gatormathis says:

I guess.

I simply copied and pasted the sentence.

I guess this dial-up comes in so spastic it was just hard to tell.

I thought he kinda looked more like the blonde guy on the keyboard, but wasn’t for sure if he was in the earlier part with the guitar.

Wally seems like a nice enough guy, I thought maybe he had a band or something you were highlighting. These Floyd folks, is he a friend of theirs or just plays with them occasionally.

Maybe he can get them to come to the Albany Civic Center sometime soon.

They probably would need to play a little faster music though.

7. North Ga Indy says:

Ha! It is pretty funny that you come here and try to take credit for someone elses work and criticize their favorite music. I just have one request for you Gatormathis, Stop It!

8. Romegaguy says:

Pink Floyd is the crazy drag queen cousin of the barber from Mayberry. I heard s/he sings Toby Keith songs with Spacey

9. North Ga Indy says:

Uh, no. Pink Floyd is an Art rock, progressive rock, psychedelic rock, space rock, and hard rock band founded in 1964. The members of that band include David Gilmour, Nick Mason, Roger Waters, and Richard Wright. The former notable member is the founding member Syd Barrett(1946-2006).

10. North Ga Indy says:

Icarus, you don’t seem to get it. Pink Floyd is a band, go to YouTube and see their concert videos.

11. Bill Simon says:

MONEY…it’s a hit…don’t give me that goodie-good bullshi*…MONEY…a new car daydream think I’ll buy me a footbawl team…

You folks in Cordele….Sighhhhh

12. gatormathis says:

Vortex.

I left Egleston the other day, at 5pm, and in some round-about way, trying to avoid traffic, happened to be driving through where it is. I stopped at the light, saw the skull front, and thought to myself, I ate at the Vortex in Little 5 Points before.

As I looked over to my right, I saw the sign saying, “Little 5 Points”. Across the street was the “Star Bar”. I said, heck, this is it.

A few years ago, friend and I ate there, and then walked across to the Star and watched a band play a little hard rock, and then headed on our way.

About two weeks later, I read a story in the AJC where 3 guys in trench coats got in a scuffle up there and kicked a guy in the head, causing fatal injuries.

I copied and sent the story to my friend who said she had just been in there a week before with her daughter.

After reading my e-mail, she didn’t think they would go back.

All in all, the cheeseburger I had from there was delicious…………………

And that Wally Roberts. He seems like a pretty nice guy.

Does he play with any other bands?