1. Correction: The commenters at our site were level-headed about it. I was thinking about some of the messages I saw on conspiracy boards which were pretty far fetched.

2. Chris says:

Please Erick. Don’t tell me you’re falling for the Paultard’s “Dick Cheney blew up the world trade center” bulls–t too?

They are made by Vantage Products Corp in Covington. When someone pre-purchases funeral services they are required to make and store the casket liner. Basic accounting. http://www.infowars.com/?p=3462#comment-491043

Finally, _if_ the government were to decide to kill off 40% of the population, they certainly won’t be bothering to make sure everyone will have their own casket. No, they would do what every other culture or civilization has done in the past when faced with a mass epidemic – mass burials or incinerate the bodies.

Seriously Erick – you’re smarter than this.

3. Ah, come on. You guys are usually pretty witty…. I’m sure there’s a good joke here somewhere… something like… um… “they’re there due to the high rate of turnover of greeters” or maybe a joke like “where else would you expect to buy coffins in bulk.”

Come on Icarus, don’t let me down.

I need some reason to laugh at having a half a million tombs in my back yard that nobody seems to know anything about.

4. Chris says:

GF: With all the legitimate ways the government is trying to screw us, we don’t need to be inventing crackpot theories of a neo-con orchestrated pandemic.

5. Chris says:

Game

What does it matter, like everything the govt does this was deficit financed. Well be dead and in these things long before we have to pay for them.

6. I use to work at Hornes-Towns Funeral Home in Eastman. Those are vaults not caskets/coffins, at least as far as I can tell – they actually look a little small for vaults but do not resemble a casket. To my knowledge there is no state law that requires vaults, but some cemetaries and local governments mandate their use. The thing is, those same places require an actual coffin/casket. So why would they just buy vaults and not caskets?

7. Rick Day says:

I hear a lot of whistling past the graveyard, especially from Chris.

The one video with the ‘mechanized scrambled voice’ (can we say, ‘overthetop”?) turned out to be Christer ™ propaganda.

:::Throws nerf brick at monitor:::

Funny, to me the OWO scenario is more real is the Rapture scenario.

Remember,everyone scoffed and laughed at The Enquirer ™ for its Edwards story.

8. Tea Party says:

Y’all ever see how plastic turns all faded and brittle when exposed to prolonged, intense sunlight? Of course, a product designed to be buried for eternity would NOT have UV light protectants in it, right?

This is a weird story…

No way, no how, no plastic coffins….

9. Demonbeck says:

The Green Party is planning a mass protest when Cynthia McKinney isn’t invited to the debates. There is a stockpile of gold tennis shoes in a warehouse in Oregon being prepared for this as well.