Batten Down The Hatches

The AJC reports on Fay’s impending arrival:

The rain that fell across metro Atlanta on Sunday — produced by the fringes of Fay as it tracked across north Florida — was “just a prelude of things to come,” a Weather Service statement said.

North Georgia Radar
North Georgia Radar

1. Chris says:

TROPICAL DEPRESSION FAY…LOCATED IN SOUTHWEST MISSISSIPPI THIS MORNING… HAS ALREADY TURNED BACK TO THE NORTHEAST AND IS EXPECTED TO BE IN CENTRAL ALABAMA BY THIS EVENING…THEN TRACK SLOWLY NORTHEAST INTO SOUTHEAST TENNESSEE BY WEDNESDAY. THIS TRACK WILL PUT NORTH GEORGIA IN THE VERY WET RIGHT QUADRANT OF THIS SYSTEM.

2. Extra!, Extra!, this just in:

Gov. Perdue, to continue his water management policy of prayer, calls for vigil today at the Capitol. He will lead the gathering in the following prayer:

Dear Lord,
    Rain, rain, go away, come again another ….

3. North Ga Indy says:

Tornado Watch 863 has been issued until 4:00 P.M. EDT for Calhoun, Carroll, Chattahoochee, Clay, Decatur, Early, Haralson, Harris, Heard, Marion, Meriwether, Miller, Muscogee, Quitman, Randolph, Seminole, Stewart, Talbot, Troup, and Webster counties. T.D. Fay is expected to enter GA after 4, so expect this to be extended.

4. SavannahDem says:

Isn’t that radar map wrong? It looks like the GA – TN border is something like 1.1 miles too far south.

5. North Ga Indy says:

Flash Flood Watch in effect from 4 PM today til tomorrow evening for Dade, Walker , Catoosa, Whitfield, Murray, Fannin, Gilmer, Union, Towns, Chattooga, Pickens, Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Floyd, Bartow, Cherokee, Forsyth, Hall, Polk, Paulding, Cobb, Fulton, Gwinnett, Haralson, Carroll, Douglas, Dekalb, Heard, Coweta, Fayette, Clayton, Troup, Meriwether, Harris, and Muscogee counties.

6. North Ga Indy says:

Flood Warnings are in effect for Decatur, Grady, Lee, Lowndes, and Thomas counties. Meanwhile, Flash Flood warnings are in effect for Habersham, Rabun, and Stephens counties til 1:45 P.M. EDT.

7. Chris says:

Humm. 1.1miles * 300 miles * 4.4″

That’s 16 Billion inches of rain Tennessee is stealing from us.

8. Romegaguy says:

This isnt happening because I have yet to read about it in the Huffington Post nor did the Georgia Gang talk about it yesterday.

9. SavannahDem says:

John McCain spent 5 and a half years as a prisoner of war, so I find it appalling that anyone would insinuate that TN is stealing GA’s water.

10. North Ga Indy says:

Flash Flood Watch expanded to the following counties from 4P.M. today til tomorrow evening for the following counties: Banks, Jackson, Madison, Barrow, Clarke, Oconee, Rockdale, Walton, Newton, Henry, Spalding, and Pike.

11. North Ga Indy says:

BREAKING NEWS! TORNADO WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR MARION, HARRIS AND TALBOT COUNTIES UNTIL 12:30P.M. EDT. IF YOU LIVE THERE, TAKE COVER NOW!

12. North Ga Indy says:

Tornado Watch has been extended to include the following counties til 4 P.M. this afternoon: Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Dekalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Henry, Bartow, Chattooga, Floyd , Paulding, Polk, Coweta, Lamar, Macon, Pike, Schley, Spalding, Sumter, Taylor, and Upson.

13. North Ga Indy says:

BREAKING NEWS! TORNADO WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR TALBOT AND UPSON COUNTIES UNTIL 1:15 P.M. EDT. IF YOU LIVE THERE, TAKE COVER NOW!

14. North Ga Indy says:

BREAKING NEWS! UPSON, PIKE, AND LAMAR COUNTIES ARE UNDER A TORNADO WARNING UNTIL 1:45 P.M. EDT. IF YOU LIVE THERE, TAKE COVER NOW!

15. Bill Simon says:

How come that radar screen looks a lot like the radar from the movie Aliens that shows those creatures getting closer…and closer….and….(sound of painful, but quick, death)…

16. Rogue109 says:

Burke: Look, this is an emotional moment for all of us, okay? I know that. But, let’s not make snap judgments, please. This is clearly-clearly an important species we’re dealing with and I don’t think that you or I, or anybody, has the right to arbitrarily exterminate them.

Ripley: Wrong!

Vasquez: Yeah. Watch us.

17. North Ga Indy says:

Flash Flood Watch has been expanded to include the following counties til tomorrow evening: Oglethorpe, Morgan, Greene, Butts, Jasper, Putnam, Upson, Lamar, Monroe, Jones, Talbot, Taylor, Crawford, Bibb, Chattahoochee, Marion, Schley, Macon, Peach, Houston, Stewart, Webster, Sumter, Dooly, and Crisp.

18. Game Fan,

Libertarians are not just being contrary to what they’re being told. We tend to not be blind followers. As John Stossel states, conventional wisdom is very often neither conventional nor wise. However, due to so much stupidity in the world right now, I can see how you could come to the conclusion that libertarians are just contrarians.

Questioning assumption and majority opinion comes natural to me. I guess I get it from my grandfather who use to tell my cousin and I to sit forward in our seats in his truck that didn’t have seat belts. Conventional wisdom as well as most adults in the family at the time would tell us to do just the opposite. It wasn’t until I took physics in college that I came to understand how correct my grandfather was. By sitting forward, you decrease your distance to the dash and or windshield, therefore force is reduced due to less time to accelerate. Therefore, in quick stops and/or collisions you just bump your head instead of flying through the windshield.

My grandfather was a high school graduate welder that worked at Lockead; and a apparently was also a genius.

19. Game Fan says:

Daniel
    I agree wholeheartedly. As someone who has recently connected to some of my own Libertarian tendencies (no thanks to Neal Boortz) I was simply engaging in some self deprecating humor. I think this would be the overall impression by some people, however, as you may know the Libertarian often times will only “chime in” when he/she disagrees. Hence the perception that we’re disagreeable.