This One Is Not For Bill Simon

I might not get the chance to do this again, so here goes:

WE’RE NUMBER ONE!

WE’RE NUMBER ONE!

WE’RE NUMBER ONE!

WE’RE NUMBER ONE!

I now return you to regularly scheduled curmudgeoning.

1. Doug Deal says:

Time to start the “Countdown to Four”. As in 4 losses.

Despite the #1 ranking, Georgia will have a mediocre season. I expect them to pay their respects to Truett Cathy in the Chick-fil-A bowl.

2. Icarus says:

Mr. Cathy is a great man who deserves any and all respect. (especially since he recently moved Erick from the Drive Through to the nugget fryer).

And while I like UGA much better when we play in an underdog role, I’m going to take the season one game at a time and enjoy it for whatever it is.

Which 5 teams are you pulling for this year, Doug?

3. midtown_maven says:

I’m happy to enjoy it until at least 9/13 when we play South Carolina. That back to back LSU and Florida week will be brutal.

Also, isn’t it weird watching the Olympics and remembering what it was like here for those three weeks in 1996? We packed those venues every day, lot of empty seats in Beijing.

4. Jane says:

UGA football players will be responsible for winning titles in both the SEC and the Reidsville prison leauge.

5. Bill Simon says:

A definition of “rank” can be:

4. offensively strong, as a smell or taste.

So, how fitting that UGA would gain that position on a national scale.

6. umustbekidding says:

And I thought this would be about the blog being #1.
    Do you know what DAWG stands for?
    Dumb Ass White Guy / Girl
    😉
    Now that’s funny, I don’t care who you are.

7. GOPeach says:

I heard it was very dangerous to pull up at a red light on a Friday Night in Athens with your ca windows rolled down…. you could get hit in the head with a diploma!

Just dropped my grandson off at TECH RUSH last weekend. Pretty exciting!

8. Icarus says:

Midtown Maven,

Also can’t believe it’s been 12 years since the Olympics were here. Despite a few glitches and a nut job in Centennial Park, it was a fun week to be an Atlantan, overall.

9. TPNoGa says:

Ha ha.

I love my jean shorts…..nice and comfy. They are perfect for any occasion, especially for those National Championship victory parties, but you probably haven’t ever been to one of those.