1. EAVDad says:

Spacey — bet you a beer that the MSM has the name first and hours, if not days, before these magic “texts” go out.

2. CHelf says:

Can WE vote for his VP pick by text message? Let’s go straight up reality show style and live out the “Yes WE can!” dream.

3. Game Fan says:

Here’s a man with some REAL MAGNITUDE!! He’d make an excellent VP especially if they succeed in pushing him out of the sport of wrestling. This could be perfect timing.

4. bird says:

I’m generally gimmick averse, but this is a really great idea.

EAV, I live in Grant Park, and I’ll bet that the MSM doesn’t officially announce more than 2 hours (if that) before the text goes out.

5. IcarusDadsStepSon says:

H. Clinton.

There, I beat MSM and the e-mail/text.

Romney will be GOP-VP.

Pawlenty and Bayh are smoke screens.

6. SpaceyG says:

On second thought, EAVDad, I’d rather have the beer. Twitter is where it’s at… in terms of breaking news now. It had (thanks to yours truly) the scoop about Tim Russert’s passing, at least an hour if not longer before any MSM outlet. Even before the NYT sent out a “Breaking News” alert. And almost simultaneous with the now infamous Wikipedia edit.

MSM is lagging in this “new” Internet-driven news cycle of almost instantaneous alerts of info to the public. Heck, they (MSM) lagged about 9 months behind the news on John Edwards!

7. Icarus says:

Well, let’s see here.

All MSM outlets are saying it’s Joe Biden.

I haven’t seen a text yet.

Supposedly, we’ll know who is right/first in the morning.

I’m pulling for old media. Biden is a riot.

8. Doug Deal says:

What a horrible choice for the Dems, and what a wonderful choice for the Reps. They are opting for the all arrogant ticket. I can’t wait until Biden screams at a reporter about how much smarter and well educated he is. Or steals another speech.

Also, how does a person who has served in Congress for 30 years making in the top 2-3% of income have a negative net worth?