1. The Stoneridge Group says:

Appreciate the love, Erick. However our mail is most effective when the candidate has sharp guys running the show.

The following professionals deserve a big bucket full of credit for last night’s big wins:

Jeremy Brand and Adam Walters with the Bannister campaign.

Clint Austin, Marty Klein, and Tony Simon with On Target Public Affairs for their work with the Lassiter campaign.

And Joel McElhannon for his work for Butterworth.

2. The Stoneridge Group says:

Walk it off, Mike. Don’t worry–you guys still do the best mail of any firm on the 3000 block of PIB.

And Mike, I just received Lorraine Green’s absentee ballot request mailer. Am I really supposed to return the completed request form to Savannah? Doesn’t sound right.

3. I Am Jacks Post says:

Bob, I couldn’t agree with you less if you handcuffed me to an office chair and made me listen to some chick read me Tennyson’s Charge of the Light Brigade.

Go back to your talkgwinnett fiefdom. Heck, I’ll follow you–that’ll bring your site traffic up to 11. Double digits bitches!!

4. Wasn’t aimed at you, per se, Stoneridge, only Erick’s idea that three wins or one good night makes a consulting firm “the best.” Professionals know how much luck plays a factor in this business.

For the record, I had nothing to do with Green’s race or the Pipkin/Davis contest in Henry.

And also for the record, congratulations.

5. Zac Billings says:

the bannister campaign did run a hell of a good campaign. One of the best I’ve seen. And they beat the odds.

BobG just go away.

6. I Am Jacks Post says:

Apparently Green still hasn’t called Bannister to concede the election. Stay classy, Lorraine.

7. Zac Billings says:

I got it too. Yes, it was late, but the quality was amazing. Haha- yes, the amazing quality part was a joke.

Well done Mark. Well done.

8. c_murrayiii says:

Boy, I know I am young, but there sure seems to be a lot of hate for this local campaign. I will say, you can’t argue with results and people seem to like their politics dirty, even if they tell the reporters otherwise.

9. SugarHillDad says:

Erick, perhaps the following additional losers would like a word with you.

I think you need to look at the facts and realize stoneridge pretty much only wins when their clients outspend their opponents in a big way.

(List just from 2008 according to financial disclosures and the candidates themselves)

Jeff Lewis (incumbent, loss to Paul Battles, House)
    Steve Gooch (loss to Amos Amerson. House)
    Trea Pipkin (loss to Steve Davis. how do you even DO that? House)
    Peggy Armstong (loss to Renee Unterman, Senate)
    Doug Stacks (Loss to mike beaudreau, by far the dumbest Commissioner I have ever met)
    Jim Whitehead (loss to Paul Broun)
    Barry Fleming (loss to Paul Broun. Again?)
    Terry Carter (loss to Jeff Chapman, Senate)
    Jim Fletcher (loss to Billy Maddox for House)
    Rusty Simpson (loss to Crosby and Roberts didn’t make runoff, district 13, senate)

People win some and lose some. But they (stoneridge) loses an awful lot of tough races.

10. Bill Simon says:

“Banister had more than a million dollars spent on his campaigns over the past four years. His opponent had less than a third of that, but still got 49% of the vote. hmmm…”

I believe this is quite the incorrect and misleading statement. The “million dollars” was a combination of what he had to raise and spend in 2004 to GET elected in 2004, and what he has raised since then.

He did not have $1,000,000 on hand at the start of this year’s cycle. AND, yet another misleading mail piece from Mark Rountree…

SPEAKING of Mark Rountree, did anyone hear that his “Bannister broke the law on the State Seal! Bannister broke the law on the State Seal!” whine GOT DISMISSED by the Solicitor’s Office due to the investigator finding no such violation occured?

Yeah, I’ll bet you didn’t hear about that one, did you…?

11. HLittle says:

I don’t know who the Stoneridge Group is and really don’t care, I’m sure they do good work. However, as far as the Jim Butterworth race is concerned several people had a great deal more to do with his race. The most important factor in Jim’s victory was Jim. He’s a great candidate and I know he will be a great senator.

12. Had Enough says:

Whats up with this rountree guy working for all these Democrats? first our GOP legislature begins selling out, now we find out this consultant is working for the other side.

Maybe I’m on the only one disgusted by this, but I didn’t think political consultant was another word for whore. Show some loyalty.