Stan Watson’s Race Baiting Has a Twist

Watson sent out the race baiting flier to the black community that I wrote about below. While that flier was going out in the black community, this one was going out in the white community:

WatsonSide2

Here is the reverse of the flier.

So, one message to the black community that is anti-white and a different message to the white community that he’ll work with them.

That’s offensive.

1. Progressive Dem says:

UNBELIEVEABLE! I hope that Stephanie Stuckey Benfield, Karla Drenner and Michele Henson are gratified to be pawns in a racist mailers. I hope they are proud of their choice and endorsement. I’m disgusted!

Will they publicly reject these tactics??? Hell no! They don’t have the b*lls. They won’t say a word because they are pathetic chickens with no backbones who only care about their own re-election. They have shown their backsides and it ain’t pretty.

Of course if they had a frigging clue about DeKalb County, they would recognize that Burrell Ellis is far and away the most talented person to ever run for CEO. But they don’t care. It is all about politics and nothing about governing.

But being dimwitted isn’t just limited to these female representatives – the brilliant Fran Millar is also a Stan Watson supporter. Dunwoody must be proud.

I hope the Stan Watson supporters are pleased to keep race as “valid” issue.

2. Tea Party says:

@progessivedem I think you stepped in some ‘political reality’ and it is sticking to the bottom of your shoe….

3. RuralDem says:

Sickening mailers.

However, correct me if I’m wrong, but there’s two different addresses, two different committees. The black mailer was done by a different group, right?

Shouldn’t that have been mentioned as well in the posts? Oh, that’s right, I’m sure it “slipped through the cracks”………

4. Progressive Dem says:

Oh, no. Representatives Stuckey-Benfield, Henson, Drenner and Millar are the ones who stepped in it. I think everybody will smell it for a long time. There mailer to the white districts will be seen in context with the mailer sent to the black districts.

And Oxindine proves once again that he is a clumsy bafoon. Serves him right for messing around in a primary that has no signifigance to him. Message to Ox: Shut Up and Go Away.

5. Progressive Dem says:

RuralDem, there is no plausible denialbility by the Watson campaign. These other Reps should be judged by the company that they keep. At best they don’t know the man they are endorsing well enough, and at worst they don’t think it matters.

BTW Watson this week stood up a taping for a televised debate on PBS. Watson had previously agreed to the debate, but Ellis walked all over him in a candidate forum a few days before and Watson was not prepared to take another beating. The “debate” was taped anyway and in effect becomes a 30 minute free television commercial for Burrell Ellis.

6. RuralDem says:

I think the mailers are awful, but the post says Watson sent out both mailers, when, his campaign actually on sent out one, right?

If you’re going to expose crap like this (and it should be), at least tell the entire story.

7. eehrhart says:

Always interesting to find your own picture in someone else’s campaign literature. Usually not a big deal, but I would rather not be associated with this type of racial mailing

8. Decaturguy says:

I got the white mailer on Friday even though my precinct is about 50-50. Must have been tough for ol’ Stan to figure out which one to send.

9. Progressive Dem says:

There is a right way and a wrong way to run for office. You can judge a candidate pretty well by the kind of camapign they run. Unfortunately these state reps who are supporting Stan have been duped into supporting a candidate that says one thing to the white community and another to the black community. Will they show an ounce of courage? Or do they have the political backbone of a shrimp?

10. kam says:

I just sent this e-mail to someone who seems to be very angry with our campaign, so I want to share it with you on this blog.

Ms. L,
    I’m sorry but these are not our words or the words of State Rep. Stan Watson. As Communications Director for this campaign, I can confirm that Rep. Watson did not approve this flier. We believe this to be yet another ploy from Mr. Ellis.

You have no idea what the Semblers and Mr. Ellis would do to win this election. He and his developer donors have lots of work to do over in the Briarcliff area and they have a lot riding on this campaign. They actually are paying people to pull up our yard signs. If I had more time I’d tell you how truly low he has gone so it does not surprise us that Ellis has sent out this post card to paint Stan as a racist. I’m sure you’ve read that Ellis is the one with all the money. We can’t afford to waste money on literature that won’t get us any votes and make the white community angry.

11. Progressive Dem says:

Kam, I don’t know if you speak for the Watson campaign, but that is the most shallow, worthless denial in the history of politics. You are suggesting that a Burell Ellis sent out a negative mailer against Burrell Ellis??? That’s not even a good lie. How old are you. It sounds like a five-year-old.

12. mrdunwoodyguy says:

Yes, Progressive Dem! I am saying that because Kevin Ross Burrell campaign manager and Bill Campbell’s Chef of Staff did it to Judge Marvin Arrington in the Atlanta Mayors race, I worked on Arrington’s camp at the time.

13. Progressive Dem says:

Apparently Reps Stuckey-Benfield, Henson and Drenner are OK with Rep Watson’s tactics. Ladies, by not speaking out it shows you are complicit. It shows your lack of judgement. And it shows your lack of principles.

14. kam says:

Progressive Dem,

First of all—what if a white guy DID do this?

I don’t think there is any form of denial from me or Mr. Watson himself that would satisfy you. If your guy wins, you will have nothing left to say about this matter. You will be blogging about the next big Sembler development coming to a neighborhood near you and over-crowding another public school. Good luck with that.

15. Progressive Dem says:

Let’s just hear some denial from the Watson campaign. Let’s hear Stan Watson stand up in front of the TV cameras to disavow it and denounce it.

Instead we hear the most ridiculous and preposturous suggestion that the Ellis campaign mailed a negative mailer targeting the Ellis camapign. That is like the lie you hear from a child. Adults just know better.

The sad truth is that in 2008 no legitimate white candidate in DeKalb or Fulton would resort to a racist smear. Whites have progressed and we were led in that progress by gifted black Civil Rights leaders. Every one of those leaders would denounce and condem this kind of tactic. Will Stan???

Shame on the people that use race to divide us. The people that sent this mailer are as morally corupt as the people that perpetuated the Jim Crow era segregation laws. They used racism as a tool to accomplish their goals and they were wrong in the 50’s and 60’s and the people that sent this thrash are wrong now.

16. Doug Deal says:

PD and Kam,

The problem in our society is that we care
    “who did this”. Racial maturity will come when people view this type of literature as trash and disregarded it, not blow up like it is the end of the world.

Instead of wondering what would happen if a white person did this, we should wonder why it even matters, and stop allowing ourselves to be manipulated so easily.