Ludacris drops the beat for Obama

The ATL’s own Ludacris has caused a stir with a song that rips (yawn) Bush, (yawn)McCain and (gasp) Hillary Clinton. Obama sent out some functionary to distance himself from the song but one wonders if it will wind up in his iPod. The AJC has the story and the video is up on You Tube (profanity warning).

1. jsm says:

Lyrics from http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=52f_1217434061&p=1:

I’m back on it like I just signed my record deal
    yeah the best is here, the Bentley Coup paint is dripping wet, it got sex appeal
    never should have hated
    you never should’ve doubted him
    with a slot in the president’s iPod Obama shattered ’em
    Said I handled his biz and I’m one of his favorite rappers
    Well give Luda a special pardon if I’m ever in the slammer
    Better yet put him in office, make me your vice president
    Hillary hated on you, so that b^$&%* is irrelevant
    Jesse talking slick and apologizing for what?
    if you said it then you meant it how you want it have a gut!
    and all you other politicians trying to hate on my man,
    watch us win a majority vote in every state on my man
    you can’t stop what’s bout to happen, we bout to make history
    the first black president is destined and it’s meant to be
    the threats ain’t fazing us, the nooses or the jokes
    so get off your ass, black people, it’s time to get out and vote!
    paint the White House black and I’m sure that’s got ’em terrified
    McCain don’t belong in ANY chair unless he’s paralyzed
    Yeah I said it cause Bush is mentally handicapped
    Ball up all of his speeches and I throw em like candy wrap
    cause what you talking I hear nothing even relevant
    and you the worst of all 43 presidents
    get out and vote or the end will be near
    the world is ready for change because Obama is here!
    cause Obama is here
    The world is ready for change because Obama is here!

Such a wealth of ignorance.

2. Demonbeck says:

you can’t stop what’s bout to happen, we bout to make history
    the first black president is destined and it’s meant to be
    the threats ain’t fazing us, the nooses or the jokes
    so get off your ass, black people, it’s time to get out and vote!
    paint the White House black and I’m sure that’s got ‘em terrified

So vote for him, b/c he’s African American, not because of the issues? If we heard this on CMT, what would happen?

3. RuralDem says:

I think there’s going to be a generational difference here.

It does sound bad, but everyone who throws an absolute fit about it apparently has never listened to many rap songs.

4. jsm says:

“…everyone who throws an absolute fit about it apparently has never listened to many rap songs.”

5. Brian from Ellijay says:

“get out and vote or the end will be near”

In the video, it has the world melting down, wow.

6. RuralDem says:

“I don’t listen to rap “songs” on purpose. I have no need to inject anger, hostility, and senseless rage into my life. I have to deal with enough of those things at work and in traffic.”

Alright? I don’t listen to much of it anymore either.

My point is, if you guys think this is oh so terrible because of the language, then, look at some of the other stuff out there.

Of course, this is only a big deal because it’s a “pro-Obama” song.

And before you start, I’m no fan of Obama, so don’t even try that 🙂

7. AtlConservative says:

I have no problem with the language. I don’t even care if it’s pro-Obama. I care that it’s racist and to the point of many other posters, what would happen if this were a country song about a different race? Furthermore, earlier this week, there was some ridiculous post on a Toby Kieth song that is old and now people are freaking out! (Oh and I might add – the Kieth song speaks of lynching and automatically that refers to racism – at least according to MSM!) I’m so tired of racism being ok – as long as it’s not a white racist!

8. Icarus says:

Obama Campaign status:

Strengths: energized youth vote, especially among African Americans.

Potential Weaknesses: Older White traditionally Democrat Voting folks in Ohio, Pennsylvania, other “hard core blue collar” areas of the mid-west.

I don’t see much more upside in his key voting block, but could see this as a problem among the voting demo that has yet to fall under Obama’s spell.

And as for a GA tie-in, I really doubt it would be too helpful in most voting areas 30 miles or more outside of I-285.

9. The reason this song caused a stir is because Ludacris called Hillary Clinton a b****.

Barack’s trying to woo Hillary’s supporters and he doesn’t need this kind of stuff going on. Nobody would have cared if Ludacris had just ripped Bush and McCain.

10. Game Fan says:

OK so admittadly I’ve posted a vid. of the Juggernaut who used the “b” word, however he’s just a character, whereas Ludacris and his overuse of the term should raise some serious questions with women voters. Here’s another “Ludacris” vid. which I like, but maybe I would like more without all the offensive language. 🙂

11. jsm says:

“Here’s another “Ludacris” vid. which I like, but maybe I would like more without all the offensive language.”

Why do you like it, gamefan? What point is the “song” making? When I google lyrics to these things, I’m amazed that anyone who listens would be drawn to anything besides the beat.