A Disclosure Moment

July 30, 2008 9:03 am

by Erick · 13 comments

I had asked Andre a few weeks ago about him doing consulting work for David Scott after he put up the post on Deborah Honeycutt. I don’t remember seeing a response, but I did ask him to refrain from writing about those he might be working against.

In any event, there is news this morning about it.

Political blogger Andre Walker wrote dozens of blog items in favor of US Rep. David Scott (D-GA) this year but did not disclose to readers he was on Scottís payroll. Walker runs a blog called Georgia Politics Unfiltered and also is a blogger at Peach Pundit.

Previously, Walker had faced scrutiny in the local blogger community for failing to disclose at least $1200 in payments from the Vernon Jones for US Senate Campaign 2008. According to the FEC reports, Walker was doing legislative updates; according to Walker, he was maintaining a blog for Jones called “Jonesiní for Georgia.”

It is our policy at Peach Pundit to refrain from writing about candidates we are working for unless we disclose that we are working for him. I apologize that this one got by me. It won’t happen again.

Harry July 30, 2008 at 10:32 am

Our reputation is your guarantee!

Decaturguy July 30, 2008 at 11:12 am

Andre is the most corrupt blogger in Georgia.

JamesStratfield July 30, 2008 at 11:34 am

Amen decaturguy. I was shocked when he posted he gets the most views of the lib blogs. Who reads his trash anymore?

Lillian July 30, 2008 at 1:22 pm

Mr. Stratfield: as a Liberal my answer -no one, no one at all.

Apparently only the folks on this blog are reading his gibberish.

Romegaguy July 30, 2008 at 2:31 pm

Remove his front page posting status and give it to GOPeach

Bill Simon July 30, 2008 at 3:53 pm

ROME!!!!!…ROME!!!!!…ROME!!!!!

(shouted to the tune of KAHN!!! KHAN!!! KHAN!!! in the Wrath of Kahn.)

Rogue109 July 30, 2008 at 5:12 pm

I second the admission of Romegaguy to the front page. I also propose we drop SpaceyG. Reading her posts makes me feel as if I’m marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet…buried alive…buried alive….

(Since we’re making the Wrath of Kahn references…LOL.)

Doug Deal July 30, 2008 at 6:34 pm

BS, Like this?

http://www.khaaan.com ?

Bill Simon July 30, 2008 at 9:11 pm

ROFL!…Yes, Doug…thank you for the re-visit. :-)

SouthFultonGuy July 30, 2008 at 9:26 pm

Article: “A Lesson in Blogging Ethics”:

jm July 30, 2008 at 10:58 pm

I find Andre to be a good balance to this lot. But I have taken issue with his biased posts before. Politically active people are going to have agendas, and I’m OK with that. But those agendas should not be hidden, they should be disclosed.

Romegaguy July 31, 2008 at 1:05 pm

Sorry Bill, I’m about as big a fan of her as you are but she cant be any worse than the stuff that Andre posts. The majority of his posts are either 1) supportive of people he is being paid to support (kinda reminds me of the Georgia Gang) or 2) complaining because he didnt get elected as a delegate to the DNC or selected as a blogger to the DNC or didnt get hired by the DPG.

GOP Girl August 2, 2008 at 10:17 pm

Buwahahahahahahahahah.

What goes around…………

Comments on this entry are closed.