Doing Gangsta Stuff? Careful, Toby Keith Wants To Lynch You.

Given that Georgia has historically been the lynching capitol of the world (we specialized in lynching not only blacks, women and children, but Jews too), if this method of dispensing “justice” comes back in vogue, you can blame Toby Keith for extolling the vigilante virtues of his long gone “Grandpappy.” Here are the lyrics to his Willie Nelson/trannie-filled song/video, now a movie he’s currently on a Big Media publicity tour for – Beer For My Horses:

Well a man come on the 6 o’clock news
said somebody’s been shot
somebody’s been abused
somebody blew up a building
somebody stole a car
somebody got away
somebody didn’t get to far yeah
they didn’t get to far

Grand pappy told my pappy back in my day, son
A man had to answer for the wicked that he’d done
Take all the rope in Texas
Find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys
Hang them high in the street
For all the people to see

That
Justice is the one thing you should always find
You got to saddle up your boys
You got to draw a hard line
When the gun smoke settles we’ll sing a victory tune
And we’ll all meet back at the local saloon
And we’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing
whiskey for my man, beer for my horses

We got too many gangsters doing dirty deeds
too much corruption and crime in the streets
It’s time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground
Send ’em all to their maker and he’ll settle ’em down
You can bet he’ll set ’em down

Cause
Justice is the one thing you should always find
You got to saddle up your boys
You got to draw a hard line
When the gun smoke settles we’ll sing a victory tune
And we’ll all meet back at the local saloon
And we’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing
whiskey for my man, beer for my horses
whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

He knew
Justice is the one thing you should always find
You got to saddle up your boys,
You got to draw a hard line
When the gun smoke settles we’ll sing a victory tune
And we’ll all meet back at the local saloon
And we’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces
Singin’ whiskey for my man, beer for my horses
Singing whiskey for my man, beer for my horses

Read more here on the songwriting prowess of Toby Keith. (WARNING: There are very graphic photos of lynchings, in Georgia, at the linked page.)

Actually, a look at the “Beer For My Horses” video, besides being one of the dopiest “concept” videos ever made, seems to find the testosterone-laden Keith more interested in protecting street-walking trannies from hunting knife-wielding yuppies. WTF?!

1. Tea Party says:

Ahhhh, so is this any less egregious than hard-core Gansta Rap?

If Art imitates life, than we see our music portraying the frustration and feeling of hopelessness most feel with crime and punishment.

2. TPNoGa says:

So much to say about this post, yet this post is not worth the time and energy to respond.

3. umustbekidding says:

And I was wanting to change my user name to “White trash with Money”.
    Do you realize this song is old? I don’t think there is anything wrong with it.

4. Jas says:

1) That song is probably 4-5 years old

2) Willie Nelson was on the original version if I remember correctly. You know him, that bastion of conservatism.

5. Rogue109 says:

Erick: Why don’t we just put an RSS feed for the Huffington Post on the main page for PP? Then, SpaceyG wouldn’t have to bother posting their links in all her posts.

6. umustbekidding says:

Yall need to lay off my boy. 😉

The song just points out that criminals get away with way too much these days. Also, he was trying to rhyme – “hang ’em high in the tree” sounded better than “take ’em out back and shoot ’em”.

7. ACConservative says:

Spacey, did you not follow the dopey concept video at all?

Wasn’t the “street-walking tranny” his fellow detective? I know the country music may fry your brain, but at least try to pay attention to where the poorly devised plot leads.

Also, care to point out how the video is racist? Better yet, care to point out how a song from 2002 is relevant?

Next you’ll be giving the cry that serving beer to a horse is animal cruelty.

8. Game Fan says:

I just wanted to thank SpaceyG for this past weekend. I showed her my “command center” and she showed me her “bat cave”. 🙂

9. SpaceyG says:

Careful Game Fan, least you get into libel territory. Lawyers ARE standing by, trust me. Guns and money too, should I need any “concept” backup.

10. Game Fan says:

Spacey
    In case you haven’t figured it out yet my whole “game” is trying to get people to lighten up and seeing how free people really are and see who still has a sense of humor in this “post 9/11 world”.

11. Rogue109 says:

What was libelous that Game Fan said?

Regardless, it is amusing that your first reaction is to threaten legal action.

12. Rick Day says:

Tea Party is right in its first post! So let us no go there, none of us.

So, no more bit*hing about gangstah rap, m’kay?

crackers.