Splash In Fountains; Register To Vote

The Obama campaign will be out at Centennial Park all day Saturday in downtown Atlanta with another voter registration drive. Details here. And around 5pm-ish, Howard Dean and the DNC tour bus will roll over to Spring Street (see details below) to, er, pump up the volume. It’s all part of the 50 State Strategy.

REGISTER FOR CHANGE RALLY IN ATLANTA
Atlanta Campaign for Change Headquarters
1080 Spring Street NW
Atlanta, GA

And yep, as much as folks on PP cling to those guns and religion and poll data and faith in politicians like golf course Saxby Chambliss and traffic-hell fundraisers in rich-people Buckhead mansions, or other such No (R) Grassroots Left Here In Georgia Whatsoever, or whatever else they can wrap their denial around, Georgia is part of the Dem’s, again, 50 State Strategy.

Anything is possible in 110 days, especially with the biggest push into southern states since Sherman himself. Boom, boom, boom.

1. Icarus says:

Why do the Republicans need grass roots when we have Obama’s media surrogates attacking those who support guns and religion? Oh, and the alliance with Sherman is a big plus, too.

Please, by all means, post the above wherever you can.

2. Spacey,

You know I love you and everything but you’ve gotta lay off whatever your smoking. Obama may very well be the next President but he ain’t gonna win Georgia. Oh and Vernon Jones ain’t gonna beat Saxby.

3. SpaceyG says:

You keep saying those semi-nice nice things about me Buzz, however backhanded, because Lordy knows you are the only one ’round these parts; I’ll just keep smoking ’em/writing ’em while I’ve got ’em. We’ll sort it all out come November, k?

4. Nothing backhanded in my comment. I enjoy your posts but I disagree that Georgia is in play.

Until Obama seizes power and Congress throws me and my right wing buddies in a concentration camp I’ll exercise my right to dissent from the current wisdom.

5. Rogue109 says:

SpaceyG:

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, people are rude to you because you treat them like poo?

Take for example our friend Andre. I disagree with him often, but when I do he doesn’t then tell me that I beat my wife, smoke dope, put rape drugs in women’s drinks, etc. Thus, I don’t get on his case, either. See how this works?

Face it, babe: you bring it all on yourself. Every time.

How’s your bigoted family, by the way?

6. GeorgiaValues says:

I hope they register the morons in that video. The odds of them actually showing up on Election day = 0%.

7. SpaceyG says:

Family’s great. All healthy and filthy rich. They support my new media efforts in every possible way.

Now get back to the men’s room stall Rogie Bear, and keep tappin’ your toes in case a big hunkie brother comes along and, uh, gives it to’ya. You obviously are desirous of such playtime.

8. Rogue109 says:

LOL. And now I sit back in the warm glow of a point well made and demonstrated yet again by you.

9. SpaceyG says:

Uh, Rogie Doo, you might want to watch where you are sitting, and what you’re doing to yourself while there, if you are experiencing any “warm glow.”

10. chattaelauchee says:

ok, now! referencing Sherman is sort of taboo….at least to me, being an actual true offspring of the confederacy.

his name coming up always makes my skin crawl. damn yankees and damn carpet baggers are still invading georgia and then they complain about traffic and water….well, then go home! if georgia wasn’t so full of carpet bagging republicans (cherokee, cobb, gwinnett, chatham, musgogee counties), this would still be democrat territory. funny as it sounds.

obama, dean et al keeping their word about coming down to Georgia is somehting to treasure.

now, if hillary comes down, i’ll faint….i love her! and yes, i’m a gun-toting, bible-reading SOUTHERN librul who wants nothing to do with the GOP.

let’s face it, the tricksters are now getting tricked.

11. CHelf says:

I thought he had a 57 state strategy. And then this trip came up. Then I thought he had a UN strategy.

Speaking of which, perhaps the campaign finance lawyers and gurus out there can help me with a question. If Obama received any services for free while making this speech or trip in general, would it count as an in-kind? And would it be considered a foreign donation? And aren’t foreign donations prohibited? I look forward to seeing disclosure reports on this trip and to see what was paid for and what could have potentially been donated or given at a cheaper rate. Kudos for spending all that money on the trip. I wonder what Gore would have said about all that jet fuel being used.

12. Game Fan says:

Wait a sec. I just uncovered a piece that really shows what this whole “Obamamania” is all about. I definitely get it now. Maybe it ain’t so bad the media covering the media’s coverage of the candidate rather than just covering the candidate because after all the media is the 4th estate and they do effect the outcome of the situation at hand, that being the future president and media celeb. Like the Olson twins only different. This is why all bloggers can really hope for is scraps. There’s nothing really left to say after the MSM does a thorough thought-provoking analysis of the story of the image of the candidate.

“The 24-page profile, entitled “Boogyin’ With Barack,” hit newsstands Monday and contains photos of the candidate as a baby, graduating from Columbia University, standing and laughing, holding hands with his wife and best friend, Michelle, greeting a crowd of blue-collar autoworkers, eating breakfast with diner patrons, and staring pensively out of an airplane window while a pen and legal pad rest comfortably on his lowered tray table.”