Light but steady voter turnout this morning

Predictions of light but steady turnout for Tuesday’s primary elections seem accurate — at least judging from morning voting at a few locations.

1. Light but steady is what I’ve seen in Gwinnett as well. The local elections office is predicting 22 – 30%, a bit lower the SoS is predicting. I think we’ll be around 22% when all is said and done.

2. Mike Hauncho says:

A friend is working at a precinct in Alpharetta and said they only had 35 voters by 12:30.

3. Bill Simon says:

Call the Gwinnett Sheriff’s office to get those deputies out there with Green’s car magnets on their cars to round-up some laggards to get them to the polls, toot-sweet!

4. AtlConservative says:

I am on the Dekalb/Futlon line (I literally was in Dekalb 10 feet and there was the viting place!). There was a small line at 7am. Then one of the main computers shut off. Back up 5 minutes later with no one showing up behind me. I expected to be the only one there, so I was happy to see the line!

5. El_Capatain says:

voted in Fulton, no line during lunch. Headed to Dekalb to vote next, and then Cherokee for final vote. J.K.

6. jsm says:

Voting in Lula was fairly laid back this morning. Only one other voter was there at about 7:20, and I shared a few laughs with “Clyde from L.A.” after casting my ballot. That’s exactly right.

7. jsm says:

Not so fast, there, Taft. I don’t live inside them thar city limits, or I’d a run for city council already.

8. The Comma Guy says:

I voted about 30 minutes ago. While waiting for my name to be found on the touch screen so I could be given a chip for the voting machine, a voter summoned one of the poll workers over because her ballot was defective. She had looked and looked but couldn’t find Obama’s name anywhere. I so badly wanted to confiscate her voter registration at that point it hurt.

9. Mike Hauncho says:

I wonder what percentage of votes were cast between 5and 7pm were Republican ballots?

10. MountainThinker says:

Up in Union Co, voter turnout is reasonably high, but a train load of Republicans are crossing over to try to oust the incumbent democrat sole commissioner. So far there were 1500 absentee/early votes and nearly 1300 were democrat ballots…