Jeff Lewis

In State House District 15, Jeff Lewis lost to Paul Battles. I’m told that Mr. Battles made sure everyone knew Jeff Lewis was the Speaker’s candidate.

I do not know if that is true, but if it is, that makes for an interesting way for a Republican to campaign.

UPDATE: Confirmed. Paul Battles ran the race specifically against the Speaker and said he would not vote for Richardson. This really does rock the boat. It’s like a nuke going.

Lewis was the Chairman of the Energy Committee and on the Rules and Appropriations Committee.

This is going to get people talking about the Speaker’s fate.

1. Icarus says:

I’m sure Jason Pye can confirm/correct/refute this, but I believe I was told that Steve Davis also refused to say at a debate that he would vote for the Speaker during a debate. I believe his challenger, (Pipkin), said that he would.

2. Dantes says:

The Speaker’s ex-wife, you know, the one he dumped so he could go sleep with lobbyists, is a Cartersville girl.

We protect our own up here. We have no use for arrogant Speakers and their cronies.

3. Romegaguy says:

Let’s have some real fun. Who will be the first person to announce they are running for Speaker and when will they do it?

4. Just the Facts Please says:

So Mr Battles is not going to vote for the speaker. I know that he will really be an effective legislator for the fine folks in Bartow County with his new committee assignments:

MARTOC
    Interstate Cooperation
    Human Relations and Aging

5. NorthGeorgiaGirl says:

Just the Facts Please // Jul 16, 2008 at 12:32 am

MARTOC
    Interstate Cooperation
    Human Relations and Aging
    ——–

…from his prominent seat in the janitor’s closet.

6. Taft Republican says:

newday, are you C. Lynn Whitaker of Flowery Branch? Because, you know, you can give more.