Atlanta Full of Whiners and Complainers

SpaceyG is evidently in good company!

Metro Atlanta residents hold a pessimistic view of the U.S. economy, with over half (58%) rating current economic conditions nationally as ‘poor’ and another 33% saying ‘fair.’ At the same time, only 33% say that the economy of the greater metro Atlanta area is ‘poor’, with 45% giving it a ‘fair’ rating.

1. Rogue109 says:

So, how slow are your payments coming from clients these days? How long are you carrying your receivables?

Actually, this is a record month! You know, Bill, throwing a post up on PP really only takes about three minutes. I’m not manually programming the whole site (grin).

Ya know, I really should have snapped-up the whole supply of mines while in Da Lowcountry.

LOL, you are the poster girl for progressive thought, babe, and have never met an issue that you could summon a cogent thought regarding!

2. Bill Simon says:

Rogue,

“Actually, this is a record month!”

Which means you HAD been experiencing slow collections for the previous months.

Who could argue that it is always good to finally receive those darned 90-day old receivables, eh?

3. jsm says:

Some find ways to build wealth whether the economy is good or not-so-good:

The so-called “super rich” work hard and smart to make their fortunes. They don’t sit and cry about prices going up–they figure out how to make more so that they can still enjoy what they want.

This generation is living off the success built by previous generations. Most of us haven’t suffered for it, and as a result, we don’t appreciate it. Nevertheless, we still demand a comfortable lifestyle. We whine when we can’t eat to out as much or go to the movies as often. Many think they should go sit at a desk and surf the net all day for $50k/yr. If, instead of being lazy and mooching off the govt or corporate America, these people would just determine to work hard and be productive, the economy would benefit immensely.

4. Rogue109 says:

Which means you HAD been experiencing slow collections for the previous months.

It means that? I thought that making more each month than the previous month meant the business was growing and profit margins are only in one direction: up.

WTF (grin)? It’s good when clients pay, but I handle plenty of pro bono stuff, too! I’m not running a warehouse, for goodness sake. There isn’t an accounts receivable file.

He’s a liar! Err…wait…he’s a lawyer! That’s what I meant to say.

HA! EXACTLY! LOL.

5. Bill Simon says:

Rogue,

E-mail me your income, balance, and cash flow statements, and I’ll give you my educated opinion on whether or not your business is growing. 🙂

6. Doug Deal says:

Bill,

But credit is only granted based on PAST performance, but is paid in FUTURE assests.

As Wimpy once said, “I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today”. Be the hamburger!

7. Bill Simon says:

Doug,

What if there are no “future assets” Doug? In case you’ve missed the evil news reports of lending institutions going under/filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy papers, they don’t think much of their “future” income of their portfolio, do they?

8. Doug Deal says:

But if you are the one that already has the money (or hamburger) what difference does it make to you if there are no future assets. Since credit was granted against the possibility of future assets, you get paid either way.

Then you play the Rogue and skip town on the Deal, leaving him the Bill.

9. Rogue109 says:

AND you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, last night!

10. Rogue109 says:

Okay, okay, okay. Here’s my income:

2004: $1
    2005: $2
    2006: $3
    2007: $4
    2008: $5 + $600 economic stimulus check

See, I’m realizing One Gillion Percent growth this year!

11. AtlConservative says:

Wow! You actually received that much in a stimulus check?!?! I received a whopping $100 – the gov determined I made too much money last year… Though I was laid off at the end of the year and actually could have used that money… But, I digress – the stimulus package was ridiculus!

12. Doug Deal says:

Rogue,

I think you overstated your growth. Be careful or you will be stomped by Sarbanes-Oxley. See below:

May 22 @ 10:45 AM
    Total assets = $15

May 22 @ 10:46 AM (after checking mail)
    Total assets = $615

That’s 4,000 % in one minute. On a yearly basis, you are only making about 2 billion percent return. Well short of the 1 gazillion that you have been fraudulently advertising to potential investors.

On a completely unrelated topic, do you have the number to the FTC?

13. Taft Republican says:

Doug, 2 billion = 1 gillion

(kinda like 2k lbs = 1 ton)

Get your numbers straight

14. Doug Deal says:

Taft,

Ah, I always hated the metric system.

The worst use of it are those metric watches, which have 100 minutes in an hour and 10 hours in a day. That’s why you have to add 6 hours to get continental european time.