About Last Night’s Dems-For-Senate Debate

I took the camera with me last night to the GPB Atlanta Press Club U.S. (D) Senate debate over on 14th Street, but neglected to bring my bat light, so my video interviews with Snuggles and Dale “Fox Mulder” Cardwell were too dark and murky to bother packaging. Besides, the country-a** yokels here would just p*ss all over my efforts anyway, so you’ll get my quickie, text-only wrap around instead:

Josh Lanier is a quick-witted, worldly, southern gent. Responding to that eager-beaver zeal dispensed by the idealistic, youthtful Rand Knight, the elder statesman-esque Lanier cracked the live audience up with, “Rand, you’ve got the fire. I’ve got the belly.” Meaning together, those two, no matter who won the (D) primary, would go tackle ’em some Saxby Chambliss (R) red bear come real soon.

Vernon, aka Snuggles Jones, has got to be the phoniest politician on the planet. No one believes a word out of his mouth, particularly when he says stuff to the camera, true or not, such as “I’m really just a country boy.” Yeah sure… and I’m Daisy Duke. Fire up that tractor, Snuggles. Vroom, vroom.

Snuggles showed his feisty side when I asked him, after the debate, whether he’d “had his feelings hurt” when Obama dissed him so bad last week on the side-by-side flyer controversy. For my efforts on bringing-up that unfortunate little incident, I was called the dreaded LM (“you people in the liberal media”) as Vernon clung to the notion that he and Obama are just two peas in a ‘lil ‘ole pod.

Again, Rand Knight was well-spoken, intense, earnest, enlightening, and quite telegenic. Interesting even. I’m not sure red Georgia can go immediately as green as he’d like us to go, but young people love that kinda talk about creating jobs by green initiatives right here at home, the kinda stuff that Rand is so good at talking about, given that he’s a PhD in eco-something. Now if those zippy youngsters would just go vote in the primary tomorrow. Imagining that happening is about like imagining Georgia with no off-shore drilling rigs come 2016 or thereabouts. Ain’t gonna happen.

Could Rand handle the Saxby-Repug political machine come November? Hmmmm. Hard to say. But heck, Dale Cardwell sure could! The way he stabs right at the heart of the matter, everyone’s a blood-thirsty, money-crazed, craven crook. And they all should be thrown in jail – STAT. I actually like Cardwell’s message best of all… All Washington Politicians are Just Paid Monkeys For Evil International Conglomerate Corporate Swine, Particularly Saxby Chambliss.

I still can’t quite figure out if Cardwell was somehow trying to implicate, carrying on as a TV jury and judge, Snuggles in the murder of Derwin Brown, but let’s just say that Cardwell did manage to bring that unfortunate little DeKalb County murder incident up as sharply and as meanie-like as he, Agent Cardwell, possibly could.

As for Jim Martin, the alleged front runner, and most likely to make it to a runoff, he (Martin) was notable only for his blazing un-remarkableness. Martin is a studiously bland campaigner and completely forgettable overall, running on a record that is apparently quite forgettable too, other than Dale Cardwell sticking a knife to his gut during the debate over Martin’s tenure at DFCS including deaths of children in state or foster care. That was just pure uncomfortable I must say. But Martin barely reacted to Cardwell’s ugliness, continuing a tradition of appearing to be almost in a trance while on camera.

If you want to see the re-play of last night’s Dems For Georgia Senator debate, you can scroll around here to find it. Happy voting tomorrow!

1. Rogue109 says:

The possession of all your equipment at the event would still have resulted in the same conclusion.

Besides, the country-a** yokels here would just p*ss all over my efforts anyway[.]

Then don’t bother.

2. Rogue109 says:

Country-ass yokel #1 (Rogue) rears his ugly hairy butt right away. As if on cue!

Very progressive and open minded of you, as always, ma’am!

You’ve nailed it on the head. In fact, I’m prepared to reveal who I am (CLICK HERE FOR ROGUE109’S IDENTITY)

You know, SpaceyG, you are truly becoming a caricature of yourself. Keep the self-destruction up and the hatred spewing!

3. SpaceyG says:

Yep, confirming what I’ve long suspected. You are stupid AND ugly! And your kids are homely and obese with TV and junk food, bless their trailer-park hearts.

4. SpaceyG says:

I’m kinda like Snuggles. Although I live in downtown Atlanta, I’m really more of a country-ass kinda gal. At heart. I even fry-up a mighty fine chicken on Sunday after church.

5. Rogue109 says:

LOL, you really are getting mad, aren’t you? Why? Don’t worry, SpaceyG, be happy (and post something interesting on PP once in a while).

For being such a superb journalist, you really can’t ever find anything interesting to post, can you? And why can’t you every debate any topic without becoming such a vile creature?

6. SpaceyG says:

Yeah, I’m just losing it right and left ’round the McMansion, Pool Boy. Now where did I put my sunglasses and that Enquirer…

7. Romegaguy says:

CAY #3 here… Did you offer a witty retort to Snuggles after he said liberal media like “Dont you know who I am? I’m not the liberal media, I’m a worthless blogger that nobody pays attention to”

bless your little heart

8. Icarus says:

If there is time for a break in your cage match, I could use both of your assistance in determining if anyone has endorsed Paul Broun.

9. Rogue109 says:

Oh, that’s right! I forgot, you are so shallow and small, you feel the need to tell us all about your alleged “life.”

Enjoy the pool! It has the same level of intellectual capacity and curiosity that you do. Being the 234,510,135th most influential liberal in the U.S. is quite hard work, isn’t it!

10. Icarus says:

Good point Rome. Why waste an endorsement on someone who can’t even figure out how to get sworn in?

And where is Rugby? He ususally shares these same concerns.

11. SpaceyG says:

Ah ha! My world domination of all red blogs plan is working just fine. I’ve programmed the site to begin replication of all my brilliant prose once views to my, again totally brill, copy reach 1-million unique views an hour.

12. Rogue109 says:

Soooo…the site isn’t going to post anything from you any more then using that criteria for only replication of “brilliant prose”? Links to other blogs and discussion about how all your fancy equipment was left at home doesn’t qualify, I’m afraid.

And, SpaceyG, since I was on IOP the same weekend as you and was at The Boathouse at Breach Inlet for dinner, I can tell you conclusively that they do not sell any mines at Fort Moultrie. LOL! Maybe you can threaten violence some more?

Hey, how are the 93 other websites and blogs you maintain doing? Still zero hits?

Hey, maybe your amigo Matt Towery will head to WSB-TV for another interview during their least watched news segment which you can film!

13. SpaceyG says:

You’re nothing but a tourist hack, Rogue. Anyone in the know knows that The Boathouse is nothing but a tourist trap, with high prices on “microwaved food.” (My mom’s correct assessment.) All the cool locals go to Long Island Cafe, including SC (former) Senator Fritz Hollings, whom I see there often. That or Poe’s on Sullivan’s. Sure hope I don’t run into you in East Hampton. What an embarrassment THAT would be.

14. Rogue109 says:

I know, because you’d have to introduce your girlfriend to me! LOL!