The Internets Giveth. And The Internets Taketh Away Too.

Obama has severely dissed those who gave life to his campaign. By selling out on FISA. Don’t be surprised then if “they” seek to turn the tide. The party won’t (can’t really) turn the tide, of course. But the people sure can. They made him; they can destroy him. Yikes all around!

And yeah, this has EVERYTHING to do with Georgia, kiddies. Link and learn. With Obama cuttin’ that ad for John Barrow, well… that was about the sharpest FU to “the netroots” you could possibly have gotten from someone you thought was your, uh, BFF for life. From Sam Stein, writing for the Huffington Post:

Obama’s decision to embrace a compromise on FISA legislation — a virtual slap in the face to some progressive bloggers demanding no legal immunity for telecommunications companies — was the catalyst of the recent chatter. Other concerns arose days prior when Obama cut an advertisement on behalf of a conservative southern Democrat (poster note, that would be our John Barrow) whose primary challenger was favored by the liberal blogosphere.

But for some progressive activists, the issue is not simply one of policy, but a concern that Obama’s willingness to snub their political wishes is far more endemic.

Read more here.

1. Icarus says:

You mean, all of Obama’s “just words” weren’t genuine? He didn’t really mean it? He’s just saying what he had to say to appeal to whomever he’s talking to at that moment?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2. Tea Party says:

For years our Pres political choices were limited to choosing the lesser of two evils.

Now we are faced with the evil of two lessors…

VOTE NO on July 15 No to Dunwoody
    No New Taxes, No More Government

3. Goldwater Conservative says:

This is american politics. Compromise is essential. Obama can not get elected with just democrats. Campaigning would be easy if that is all it took, but democrats don’t even show up to vote. They are some of the laziest people around

Furthermore, the netroots are not as important as bloggers tend to think. The blogger community is a good place to get buzz started, but it is not a reliable or credible source of info. The netroots can be easily written of without consequence.

Afterall, what are the liberal netroots going to do? Help John McBush? We can not afford 2 or even 3 more right wing nut jobs on the Supreme Court.

I keep hearing you [email protected] Clinton supporters talking about voting for McCain or not at all. Just think of how much more you will lose over the next 4 to 8 years if you do that. You will lose all complaining rights when the Courts over-rule Roe v. Wade. You will lose all complaining rights when our tourism and fish industries are destroyed by off shore drilling. You will lose all complaining rights when we continue borrowing money to pay for the war in Iraq. You will lose all complaining rights when the country goes further into recession. I can go on…but this should have been enough.

4. SpaceyG says:

As this morning alone on PP has worn me out already, I’m going to go have a nice lunch and not respond to Goldwater C. For the time being…

5. Concerned Georgian says:

I miss Bill Bolton!

He has ideas and charisma. He’s not just an empty suit who’s all talk and no substance. I want to know why he wasn’t given equal press coverage. Clearly big money has bastardized the process. BBPres won’t just control congress, he’ll control everything.

6. kevpriest says:

Goldwater, you’re right that there’s no where else for them to vote, but the threat is to the money machine that Obama has built. It’s all cool to have a grassroots funding machine that rakes in millions from $25 donations, but it’s also going to be very fickle. Thousands of people are deciding that they’re not going to give anymore money this cycle. Since Obama has already declared he’s not taking public funds, things could get ugly (I’m not suggesting it’s already gone that way, just that if he keeps ticking off his base it could).

7. John Konop says:

I have been in an industry that cooperates with the government constantly. The payment processing business is used to track people behavior for various reasons by law enforcement.

The Oklahoma bomber was tracked via a credit card used at a car rental place.

Why should I have any liabilities working with law enforcement?

8. Goldwater Conservative says:

A well reasoned response. How typical of Konop.

Keypriest, Obama did not raise $300million with a bunch of $25 contributions. They helped a lot and bought him alot of free media, but that does not mean they can get everything they want.

He has to be presidential…and if that means killing a few flowers and telling liberal dems that he can not support something…then guess what? He isn’t supporting it.

Obama really is an honorable guy. He has integrity still and he will stand strong even if it means losing campaign contributions. He will be just fine with regards to money…especially considering the fact that most Republican donors do not want to waste their money on McCain because even the sophisticated republicans think Obama will win.

9. Taft Republican says:

Y’all crack me up.

The GOP grassroots is abandoning McCain because he pushes “comprehensive immigration reform” (read: amnesty).

The Dem grassroots is abandoning Obama because he “sold out” on FISA.

And Bob Barr reminds both sides that he stands with them.

Spacey is right — it does have something to do with Georgia, after all!

10. The tired old oath(sarcasm):

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

The new BIG Government oath:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend Large corporation, my fellow politicians and other special interest against all enemies, foreign and especially domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will NOT faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

11. “They made him; they can destroy him.”

Other than the fact the the netroots didn’t make Obama and wouldn’t destroy him even if they could, you have a great point.