BREAKING: Joseph Carter Drops Out

State Senator Joseph Carter has decided to resign his Senate Seat. He’ll be running for Superior Court Judge in his circuit now.

1. Rpolitic says:

Nice now does anyone know what kind of FUBAR this little stunt will create and what the process is now?

Will we have the primary followed by a special election followed by the general election?

2. Icarus says:

Lighten up Trim.

The Gov can probably just call for the “special election” to concur with the November general. No big deal.

3. Bill Simon says:

“Joe Carter”…”Joe Carter”…why does that name sound so familiar….AH-HA! This is the clown who wanted to shove the BMI down the throat of the school system.

And, now he’s running for judge? Oh, lordy…just what we need is a doofus state senator becoming a superior court judge.

4. juliobarrios says:

Not sure if it’s no big deal. You’ve got the cost of the special election. There is also the difficulty of getting the voters in that district to come out for an extra election for a State Senate seat in the summer.

5. confederate navajo says:

DOOFUS BLOGGER IS AT IT AGAIN. PLEASE EVERYONE GIVE HIM SOME ATTENTION…

“doofus state senator becoming a superior court judge” you say? Once again Mr. Simon the status you have given yourself here in cyber space has clouded your vision in the real world. While you work to unseat Congressman Tom Price to no avail Senator Carter will be winner a Superior Court Judgeship. Tom Price will still be a Congressman. Senator Carter will be Judge Carter and still be a Great Georgian and you well you will still be Bill Simon the Blogger who doesn’t like BMI, but you will always have the internet. I am gonna go out on a limb here and also bet you might have been on of the gets who either had a hard time passing PE in school or two had trouble staying away from the donuts.

Say it ain’t so JOE?

6. confederate navajo says:

below is a correction to the above post. I am sorry I have not been off the Reservation long and my grammer and typing in a bit rough. You should see my smoke signals.

“I am gonna go out on a limb here and also bet you might have been one of the kids who either had a hard time passing PE in school or two had trouble staying away from the donuts.”

7. confederate navajo says:

below is a correction to the above post. I am sorry I have not been off the Reservation long and my grammer and typing skills are a bit rough, but you should see my smoke signals.

8. bowersville says:

Well h*ll, you can tell it’s Friday night because the drunks are out.

Confederate Navajo, do you mind making a coherent statement?

I admit, I’m a dumb hillbilly from the 50th district (just ask Farris) but d#mn.

9. Bill Simon says:

Whether or not “I” had fun in “PE” or not, Joe Carter’s legislation was nothing more than an attempt at sheer socialism/Mommy-governmentalism being forced on the populace.

THAT’S what made it a bad idea, Confederate.

10. Rpolitic asked a question. Here is the answer:

“Carter had qualified to run for re-election as senator of Georgia’s District 13 and was unopposed when qualifying ended. He said that his name will be removed from the ballot and an additional qualifying period will be opened for those interested in running for that post.”

Google is your friend. So is the Tifton Gazette.

11. Chris says:

bowersville,

I don’t recall saying you were dumb. I just asked if there were power and tubes in the 50th. Your prolific blogging tells me that there is plenty of power and internet, and nothing else to do. 🙂

12. DoubleDawg3 says:

I’ll echo the sentiments above …Sen. Carter was one of the good guys at the Capitol, that’s probably why he’s getting the hell out of dodge and returning to a position where he can actually serve his community (b/c in the legislature you’re just serving the leadership).

13. juliobarrios says:

I thought Floyd officially announced his retirement from the Legislature back in December.

14. rightbeforeleft says:

Any blogger disparaging Sen. Carter proves themselves to be a true outsider. Anyone actually in the know, would know he flew under the radar, for good reason, and was in fact one of the smartest and most dedicated Senators under the dome. If all you know about him is the BMI legislation (which was a small but necessary step, wake up you frigtard Bill Simon, Georgia is dying a slow death at the hands of deep fried obesity) you clearly can only read your precious internet headlines. You can have a hundred Mullis’, Seabaugh’s and Preston Smith’s, I’ll take Joe Carter any day.

15. A Typical White Person says:

Oh, isn’t that thweet? RightyB4Lefty is ready to thwow down the challenge on defending his MAN in the thenate!

Yer thuch a thweetie, RBL…did you remember to zip Carter up after you serviced him?

16. gatormathis says:

“Why would there be a special for Carter when there hasn’t been one for Johnny Floyd, now a DOT boardmember?”

Rep. Floyd announced he wasn’t running for another term, well before qualifying began.

Matter of fact, two R’s and One D qualified for the race, and the heated primary race has begun.

Joe Carter qualified as an R for another term at the Senate seat.

Independent office seekers, as well as non-partisan types such as Judges, began qualifying Today, the 23rd.

A Judge in Carter’s circuit decided against another run , and Carter, being an Attorney who meets qualifications, probably weighed pay, time away from the family, and a host of other things to sway him in favor of dropping his Senate bid, and opting for an attempt a Judge Seat.

As his Senate bid was uncontested, you can figure this wasn’t a one second decision.

Figure on this Senate seat getting interesting in the next few weeks.

Politics.

And the beat goes on…………………….