Clint Murphy to McCain ’08

Bull Moose just sent me this email:

I was offered and have accepted the opportunity to be a part of John McCain’s campaign for President as Deputy Regional Campaign Manager for the Southeast. I will be temporarily relocating to Tallahassee. The states that I will be managing include Georgia as well as North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida.

Those of you who know me know that I’ve been a die hard supporter of John McCain since the beginning of this campaign cycle and have stuck with him through thick and thin. At one point, when things didn’t look as good as they do now, I even offered to drive the Straight Talk Express, which at the time amounted to nothing more than a van. I feel so strongly that John McCain is the right man at the right time for our country, I want to do everything I can to be a part of making sure that he wins in November. 2008 will be one of those turning point elections for our country and in my view, there has never been a more prepared or experienced person running than John McCain.

1. Tommy_a2b says:

Congratulations and good luck. I pray we win this marathon. Clint get out your sprint shoes you will need them very soon.

P.S. Can someone teach celtic2 how to type.

2. Bull Moose says:

Thanks. Celtic2 Ray will do just fine. His message is stronger than just my efforts.

We need not beat the point that you are on one side and I am on the other. I think everyone, dead and alive, knows that! I wish you luck too Celtic2, but not too much luck! 🙂

3. debbie0040 says:

Congrats, Clint. This will put you in a stronger position to run for U.S Senator in 2020 🙂

4. Rick Day says:

Let us Sally Southward ho, Sancho Panza – for we have windmills to tilt and dragons to slay~

I admire a man who forges downward with his principles the way the captain goes down with his ship.

5. celtic2 says:

CLINT WE AS IRISH WERE TOLD THAT WE WOULD HAVE LUCK BECAUSE OF OUR CELTIC HERITAGE? SOME TIMES WE HAVE MORE “BAD LUCK” AS IN THE LUCK OF THE IRISH! BELIEVE IT OR NOT? WE ARE ON THE SAME SIDE! JUST NOT UNTIL AFTER THEN PRIMARY!

“THE IRISH FIGHT AMONGST THEMSELVES BECAUSE THERE ARE NO OTHER WORTHY OPPONENTS”

“IN ORDER FOR AN IRISHMAN TO FIND HIS EQUAL? AN IRISHMAN IS FORCED TO CONVERSE WITH THE ALMIGHTY”

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST… A FRENCH WOMAN NEVER KNEW WHAT AN ORGASM WAS UNTIL 100 THOUSAND AMERICAN TROOPS CAME SCREAMING OVER THE BEACHES OF NORMANDY!!!

WE SCRAPED, SCRATCHED AND CLAWED? I CANT SAY THAT I DIDNT ENJOY IT! —-MAKES FOR A GOOD POLITICAL FIGHT!!!

KEEP THE BALL AWAY FROM THE LIBERALS WHO AIM TO DO OUR COUNTRY HARM! MCCAIN WILL WIN AS LONG AS WE ALL PULL AN “R” ALL THE WAY DOWN ON ELECTION DAY! GODS SPEED!!!

6. celtic2,

Please make use of that little key on the left hand side of your keyboard called “caps lock.” It would make reading your posts so much more enjoyable. 🙂

7. boyreporter says:

I love the Irish. I’m part Irish. I love Ireland. I hate it when people refer to stupid things as “very Irish,” like the Brits do.

On the other hand, the Irish do have a habit of living up to (or down to) the stereotypes. Celtic2 just pulled a “very Irish” thing in advocating that “we all pull an ‘R’ all the way down…” Well, sir, most people did that in ’04. How’d that work out? Some Irish just don’t learn. We’re in this effing mess because so many people pulled an ‘R’ instead of using their head.

8. celtic2 says:

BUZZ!!! ITS MY TRADE MARK!!!

BOY REPORTER?? WHEN MOST PEOPLE DID THAT IN 04″??? THE COUNTRY IS STILL A LOT SAFER BECAUSE OF IT!
    AND WHEN THEY PULLED A “D” IN 06″ THATS WHY WE ARE IN THE F-ING MESS YOU ARE REFFERING TO! THE CONGRESS RUNS THE COUNTRY!!! EXCEPT FOR A VETO NOW AND THEN? THATS WHO RUNS IT! AND SINCE 06″ THE DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS HAS AN 11% APPROVAL RATING! SPEAKS VOLUMES DOESNT IT!
    SOME OF THE IRISH WILL NEVER GET IT RIGHT WITH THAT I AGGREE (KENNEDY AND KERRY…)AND SO ON…

9. boyreporter says:

Celtic2, you are seriously deluded if you really think we are safer now than when George Bush went a-hunting. He created more jihadists than we can ever kill. And that’s just for starters. And what does Congress’ approval rating mean? Grasping at straws. Have another pint.

10. moocher says:

I think after blowing up two buildings and killing 3,000 people, it’s a little hard to pin the creation of more jihadists on George Bush. They were already in overdrive mode on that front.

At least they know we respond with strength. If Obama gets in there, with his why can’t we hold hands and all get along strategy, they’ll be back blowing up our ships and buildings . We’ll respond with a tea and crumpets sit down session or the last resort aspirin factory destruction from 30,000 feet.

11. jttraino says:

Congrats, Clint. With you handling things, I know that Senator McCain will do even better than expected in the Southeast.

Good job!

John

12. John Konop says:

celtic2

Exclusive: McClellan whacks Bush, White House
    Bush out of control?

Politico-Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan writes in a surprisingly scathing memoir to be published next week that President Bush “veered terribly off course,” was not “open and forthright on Iraq,” and took a “permanent campaign approach” to governing at the expense of candor and competence.

Among the most explosive revelations in the 341-page book, titled “What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington’s Culture of Deception” (Public Affairs, $27.95):

• McClellan charges that Bush relied on “propaganda” to sell the war.

• He says the White House press corps was too easy on the administration during the run-up to the war.

• He admits that some of his own assertions from the briefing room podium turned out to be “badly misguided.”

13. boyreporter says:

Moocher: You live in a cave? How many Iraqis were on those planes? Of course you live in a cave. How else could one still make that comparison. You and Celtic2 should go on the road. You’re hilarious. Well, in a stupid sort of way.

14. ChuckEaton says:

Congratulations Clint. Go by some sunscreen in bulk, because you’ll be spending a lot of time in Florida.

15. Demonbeck says:

I think Florida is a foregone conclusion if Obama wins the nomination. The Dems didn’t count their delegation and I am betting on payback in the general.

16. REPUBLICANFIRST says:

“boyass” you as dumb and nieve as every liberal is? you get it wrong every time! and my children will not be a victim or by product of no vision and the dilusional liberals! you see when it comes down to it? “the people feel safer with a republican president! ” only 7 ot the last 10 have been so!!! going on 8 of the last 11!! again its not iraqis but “muslanimals” and iraqis are a part of them! it goes back to another strong (lol) democratic leader jimmy carter! and all of your liberal leaders had the same information as bush on the war! to late to back down the driveway with the light off now isnt it? and just like a liberal loser to discount the fact your congress has an 11% aproval rating!!! thats 28 points less than bush!! sell stupid somewhere else!!! god this is to easy! and as far as your buddy goes John Konop? funny how mcclellan stayed on as long as he did? and now is irate he was demoted? getting even and selling books??? a lot like dick morris of the clintonians did! bye bye!!

17. John Konop says:

REPUBLICANFIRST

I am a American first. I think was my head not say what I feel.

Petraeus Hearings — More Obama than McCain?

HP- Afghan/Pakistan border region, not Iraq, is the greatest threat: General Petraeus agrees with Admiral Mullen and with our intelligence commnity that the next likely terrorist attack on the U.S. homeland will come from Pakistan and the Federally Administred Tribal Areas. So just to sum up. Our intelligence Community, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and future CENTCOM commander all agree that Pakistan is the greatest danger, but conservatives continue to insist that Iraq is the central front.

2. Petraeus agrees with Gates, not Bush and McCain, on talking to Iran: In his written responses General Petraeus agreed with Secretary Gates that we need a comprehensive approach to Iran that includes real diplomacy and engages on all issues.

3. Odierno acknowledges that there is no need for a permanent presence in Iraq: Despite John McCain’s claims that we can have an indefinite Korea-like presence in Iraq, when asked by Jim Webb about the need for a permanent presence Odierno stated that it would be unnecessary.

4. McCain missing in action: As the ranking member of the Armed Services Committee, you’d think John McCain would show up. But instead he is in California campaigning and fundraising. When Petraeus was last confirmed for Iraq Commander, McCain was off in Davos Switzerland.

18. boyreporter says:

Repukican First: You are a hoot. You can’t write, you can’t think, you can’t spell, you compare the approval ratings of an institution (Congress) as opposed to an individual (the lamented current POTUS) and think it means something? It means you are hard put to compare Bush favorably anywhere you can, even if it’s apples and oranges.

And please put aside the fiction that all parties to the run-up to the Irag “war” had the same info. They didn’t.

Scott McClellan is a little late for honor, as he and those around him helped Bush tip over the outhouse into our collective yards…but do you believe him or not?

But don’t get me wrong. Keep opining. You’re a great help to your opponents. Please preach to your children this way, too, so they’ll rebel and become liberals.

19. John Konop says:

REPUBLICANFIRST

boyreporter is right people like you destroyed the conservative movement! The problem is we have generation like boyreporter that think people like you and Bush are conservative.

20. jamestanner says:

Good for you. If your lucky and McCain wins the election I hope your both on the frontlines of Iraq dodging bullets instead of some poor kid that still has no idea why he’s there because his govt. is full of LIARS!

21. REPUBLICANFIRST says:

Johny kunuck! and Boyass! You both should just shave your heads and put them together??? Because you have both made a total (a*S*s) of your selves!!! lol **is there any way to reverse a liberal lobotomy? well im off to California! see you in a couple of weeks? it was fun p-ing on you!

22. TheFacts says:

I congratulate you on the appointment but I also know that it will not last. It is unfortunate that the McCain team will have to learn that the hard way… With your history of misbehavior and actions, or should I say reactions, you are your own worst enemy. When you have been given the choice to make sound decisions… you haven’t and that will become painfully clear when you are surrounded by people that actually have a place in “big boy” politics. You have proven time and again that your emotions and incompetence will ultimately lead to the downfall of anyone or anything that you represent and yet you blindly believe that nobody notices your destructive behavior.

Once again as a McCain supporter I believe its only fair to place a wager on the fact that you won’t make it through the first month.

The stakes are that if you actually make it past the first month… never come back and if you don’t, you probably shouldn’t come back anyway because Savannah will be a much better place without you.

23. dewberry says:

Will someone explain what the ruckus was about last night at Wild Wings? There was a young lady who was visibly upset about what happened. What the rock?

24. Bull Moose says:

It’s wonderful to see an opponent’s staff again attack me. When you’ve got nothing else going for you, attack the staff! It is the lowest of low form of campaigning.

While all three candidates are competitors for the Republican nomination, the refreshing thing is that the Stone and McKinney staff actually get along, are professional toward one another, and understand the process. There are legitimate campaign differences, but when you step off the field, everyone generally gets along.

The Crystal camp, with just a few exceptions, are like the kids at the playground that can’t get along with anyone and then blame everyone else for not getting along with them. We all know those types of people.

Honestly, I want to clarify what happened last night because I am tired of having my name slandered across town by a disgruntled ex-friend.

I found last night from a number of people that someone associated with the Crystal campaign was going around Savannah making directly false and slanderous accusations about me.

The person making these statements used to be a good friend of mine, in fact, is the person responsible for me getting involved with the Young Republicans.

I considered this to be something between two former friends and not something about politics or the two opposing campaigns.

I approached the person and politely asked that they stop. That person pushed me aside, ran off, and then some of the other Crystal supporters bowed up as if to threaten me by force. It was a little ridiculous, especially considering the fact that it was clear to the other person that this was not about campaign politics, had nothing to do with the campaign, but rather just between two former friends.

That’s it. End of discussion.

25. debbie0040 says:

TheFacts, your attacks on Clint are un-called for and not merited. He is an asset to the McCain Campaign.

Grow up!!

26. celtic2 says:

CLINT– “THE FACTS” IS NOT ONE OF OUR STAFFERS! HE OR SHE? MUST JUST BE SOMEONE WHO WAS THERE LAST NIGHT OR HEARD ABOUT IT?

27. TheFacts says:

First, debbie I am sorry to see you have been misguided into believing that Clint is an asset McCain’s campaign. Aforementioned, time will prove what many people already know.

Second, celtic2 is correct that I am not a staffer for Cyrstal or any politician for that matter. I am a local republican that enjoys the process but have truly found Mr. Murphy’s actions distasteful and repugnant.

Finally, for Mr. Murphy to say that he is being “attacked and slandered” is laughable considering that seems to be the premise of his political consulting. While there are 3 republican candidates in the 12th district competing, Clint’s strategy has been to overlook the issues and the common goal of beating Barrow, but rather bash fellow republicans. I have seen him in other arenas acting in the same manner and been informed of several occasions that have not only harmed his credibility but also that of people present and associated with him. If you are using Clint Murphy as an example of what it means to be Republican… I worry for the future of the party.

28. Bull Moose says:

Okay, as a front page poster, I can see the email addresses and IP addresses of the posters. I would normally not look and not discuss here, but because these posts have become so slanderous and so false, I did. I need not say anymore.

29. debbie0040 says:

Another good reason to vote for McCain:
    “SUSAN SARANDON, who appeared in three films last year and won kudos for her TV movie “Bernard and Doris,” is still not a contented soul. She says if John McCain gets elected, she will move to Italy or Canada. She adds, “It’s a critical time, but I have faith in the American people.”

OK, American people. You don’t want Susan to move out of the country, so it’s up to you to elect Barack Obama. What? You thought Susan of all people would be for Hillary Clinton? Well, no. She told John Hiscock: “I thought the whole point of feminism is that you’re not supposed to be defined by gender. I don’t understand the reasoning behind that, because I wouldn’t vote for Condoleezza Rice, and I hated Margaret Thatcher.”

30. TheFacts says:

Didn’t Sarandon and Robbins pull this last election if Bush won??? I have yet to hear of their departure…

31. debbie0040 says:

I thought Alec Baldwin pulled that one?

I hope someone starts a Send Sarandon Packing 527 Group 🙂

Has anyone seen the Captain Kirk for President video? Pretty funny

32. FreedomOfPeach says:

TheFacts, good point about beating J. Barrow. Now, how will Barrow beat candidate 1,2 or 3?

#1……this guy is a nut case. He ran for President, nope he ran for VP……

Response? Yes I did, My approval rating for Washington in general was less than 5 and I got fed up. I decided to do what every American has the right to do and I took on the establishment. I am not intimidated by Washington and I will stand up for the 12th. yada yada yada.

#2….. this guy says change but he is campaigning on 14 years of experience in Washington. He started a lobbying firm in 2002 and he can’t even vote for himself in this race unless he moves real quick. In fact he is not even legally qualified (residency requirements)to run for ANY state office in Georgia. He didn’t even take the time to vote for a presidential candidate this year. He didn’t even register to vote in Georgia until after he had been campaigning for 6 months. Since you can register to vote when you get your drivers licsense, he must have been running for office while a Va. resident?

Response? This is gutter politics. This is typical rhetoric. My opponent will not discuss the issues and I will not answer these “frivolous” charges. I was too busy raising money and filing paperwork to bother with voting. yada yada yada

#3…. Where to begin…

Response….. Flags, patriots, muslanimals, I’m tied up in court…..

Barrow strategy 101

Mckinney is a regular guy, statistically closer to the average voter than any other candidate, stable, 23 years experience in industry, longer residency than any of the GOP candidates… what do you attack? Almost anything you pick on will represent a majority of the voters.

Stone can and will be tagged as washington insider, with making quotes like “I am the best politician” and if I lose I will go back to Washington. He still holds his position with an interest group. The man has washington all over him. Old time GOPers love him but the base independent vote….yawn…..

Crystal is a great speaker, dynamic, and picks up things fast. I noticed he is trying to be the “energy” expert but if he was asked anything past his script his lack of knowlege will surface real quick. Ben, what type of nuclear power plant do you recommend? Ben, it’s oil shale not oil, what’s the difference? zzzzzzzzz Barrow will have no problem bringing out his past blunders. Once footage of the ex-wife hits the air and it has, so Barrow already has cuts of it and Odelle gets involved, it will be a circus and that’s about it.

It’s too late to get another dog in the race, so you have to pick one.