1. Bobby Kahn says:

Missed it. Watched Recount on HBO. Very good movie. Sad ending. Unrealistic too. No way the Supreme Court would do what they say it did.

2. Doug Deal says:

Bobby,

You are right, that Florida Supreme court was out of line. I usually like science fiction, but that strange Floridian dystopia where the courts make up the laws as they go along was a little too creepy for my tastes.

3. moocher says:

Always better for the Feds to stay out and just let a state’s partisan hacks rig or screw up a Presidential election. Richard Daley is rolling over in his grave.

4. Harry says:

HBO and Kevin Spacey must have made a real unbiased docudrama of Supreme Court interpretation of US election laws. Oh, wait. We’re talking HBO and Kevin Spacey here.

5. heroV says:

I think one thing that we can all agree on is that Laura Dern’s portrayal of Katherine Harris as completely and ridiculously insane was quite accurate.

6. Demonbeck says:

I assume HBO made no mention whatsoever of all of the overseas military absentee ballots that were tossed out on a whim.

7. rugby fan says:

Did Erick mention how he hasn’t been sworn in?

Another wasted opportunity…the voters (and the children) don’t like elected officials who can’t get sworn in.

8. griftdrift says:

Actually Demonbeck they covered it and the fact that so many were let in. But anyway, I thought it was a pretty fair portrayal. Baker came off as a genius and Warren Christopher as a doddering old fool, so there!

I ultimately came away from it thinking not so much about the doubt of the election either way but the closeness exposed some really ugly troubling aspects of the way elections were run.

It’s so easy to not notice things when we think it doesn’t matter.

And Laura Dern was spot on as Kitty Harris.