Sen. Vincent Fort Storms Fulton County Courthouse

This morning I was treated to the impressive sight of state Senator Vincent Fort (D-Publicity) leading his massive protest march consisting of nine people and five television cameras approximately one block around the Fulton County Courthouse. Fort and his team were angry over the findings of a lawfully constituted jury in the Superior Court of Fulton County which found former Atlanta police detective Arthur Tesler not guilty of the more serious felony charges related to the shooting of Kathryn Johnston on a botched drug raid in 2006. As they marched, their energy seemed a bit lacking so I pounded my fist into the air for a few seconds and joined them in their ongoing chorus of “No justice, no peace.” Fort just gave me a nervous and curious look and went on down the street. Oh, well. Maybe I didn’t look angry enough.

[NOTE: This photo is of some random white protester in the United Kingdom with absolutely nothing to do with the protest or any nearby Atlanta Police Department officers. I was going to post a photo of the protest I took with my phone, but I’ve learned from some commenters here today that it is racist to post photos of black people. Important lesson learned.]

1. Pachyderm 42 says:

Rogue:

It’s been my personal experience that many times people who cry “racist” need to look in the mirror…

2. Andre Walker says:

” I was going to post a photo of the protest I took with my phone, but I’ve learned from some commenters here today that it is racist to post photos of black people. Important lesson learned.”

Rogue,

As the resident black guy around these parts…wait, let me check my skin color again…yeah, I’m black…

…As the resident black guy around these parts, I hereby give you permission to post photographs of black people here on Peach Pundit.

Rogue, one of the things I’m coming to learn is that the folks most offended by so-called acts and/or displays of racism are those liberal, self-conscious whites who still harbor feelings of guilt because of America’s racist past.

My advice to those folks is…GET OVER IT!

Move on and move forward from the past.

3. JDE says:

Sen Fort is an angry, vertically challenged college professor who is looking to get his ugly mug in the press. He adds no value to the City of Atlanta and in particular the State of GA which he professes to serve. He should move to Clayton Co where he would fit right in. Next thing you know he’ll be shaking down the City on behalf of the Kathryn Johnston heirs; actually that’s Rev Markel Hutchins, my bad.

4. CobbGOPer says:

PCU!

President Garcia-Thompson: “You passed out cigarettes for a smoke-a-thon on Earth Day. You installed speed bumps on the handicapped ramps and, most recently, you dumped 100 pounds of… MEAT on a peaceful vegan protest!”

Droz: “Oh, come on! That was way more than 100 pounds.”

5. drjay says:

i definitely prefer we maintain capitalist dentistry for now–also its good to know you chose to post a picture of angry british protesters that we may know you are an anti-anglican xenophobe…

6. SouthFultonGuy says:

This crap about being afraid of being called racist when you actually are not is really getting old folks.

Going overboard to extremes and professing to be politically correct for the politically incorrect is really lame and just as obnoxious as race baters.

The joke/pun is old and played out folks…..SNORE

7. Rogue109 says:

SouthFultonGuy:

Relax and release, guy! It’s all good. Chill out…you’ll live longer!

8. dorian says:

I, for one, am tired of being afraid of being afraid of being called names for posting any word, image, or likeness that someone, somewhere could ever possibly conceive of being racist, sexist, ageist, homophobic, nationalistic, close talkeristic (I despise close talkers), poking fat people, and being secretly afraid of midgets.

9. shep1975 says:

British protest? I thought it was a scene from a Monty Python movie. Oh well, I must get back to looking for a shrubbery. Does anyone know where I can find a shrubber?

10. DemBones says:

For real entertainment value, I suggest the City Cafe on 10th Street where Senator Fort and Derrick Boazman meet to gloat over their coverage on the 10:00 news.

11. SouthFultonGuy says:

Rogue109,

1) Fair enough and duly noted ~ for the record my pressure is currently 120 over 70

2) Since we’re prescribing live long and healthy suggestions, I urge you and others to:

Rent the 1970 movie “Watermelon Man” http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066550

I PROMISE its a good laugh and an insightful look into wearing the other man’s shoes.

Let me know what you think of it – no formal book report required….OK?

12. Goldwater Conservative says:

PCU was a great motion picture. Sure…it was no Dr. Zhivago, but it was entertaining and played great to the zeitgeist from which it emerged.

I am willing to bet that the elderly woman in the picture above spent some time in East Austria or “metro” Berlin. Most of my fellow englishman do not wear neon hair extensions. although, some of the sid barrett worshippers (people like those remaining hippies in Milledgeville and Watkinsville) are a little like that. The teeth are a dead give a way.

I can not wait for somebody to put an embarassing picture of a black guy on this site…I am willing to bet that Andre will renege the declaration he made earlier. Soulja Girl was pretty bad though.

13. Gag Halfrunt says:

Simon,

PCU. 1994. “Caine and Hackman in the same movie.” “Oedipus and the Mama’s Boys. ” “We need kegs. Multiple, cold and domestic. ”

Having refreshed your recollection, I too don’t understand what SpaceyG’s picture has to do with this thread.

14. moocher says:

It’s a good picture, since it’s the spitting image of Vincent Fort if he were a white woman.

15. Romegaguy says:

I didnt understand why Ari was in PCU by Vincent Chase wasnt. I did like the P-Funk cameo.

16. Decaturguy says:

Ahh, but it is perfectly OK to call the DNC’s denial of your press credentials “Jim Crow.”