Ray McKinney in his own words

I am posting this on here on behalf of Ray McKinney:

There are those who suggest that somehow my previously running for Vice President and President should somehow disqualify me from seeking office. I’d like to address that issue directly.

I used to be one of those people who didn’t pay attention to politics.  I would vote in general elections, but by and large, I felt that politicians existed in a world of their own creation.

Last year I finally had enough!  I had enough of the partisan fighting, enough of our politicians using our military as pawns, enough of Washington doing nothing about immigration, no energy policy, a bloated tax policy, and enough of the waste and corruption!  In fact, hearing Hillary Clinton go on about how the GOP had forgotten about the middle class was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Last April, I decided to find the biggest soapbox I could find.  I decided to run for Vice President.  Yes, you read that correct, Vice President.  I wanted to find a way try to get our politicians to take notice that millions of us are not being represented and that politics as usual are failing our country.

Obviously, I know that we do not elect the Vice President; however, politics as usual has failed us to such a degree that just the mere mentioning of running for the office caught people’s attention.  Finally in April, I filed to run for President.

No one asked me to do it.  I was one man trying to make a difference!  Some would say that’s crazy.  Of course I knew that I couldn’t win, but that wasn’t the point.  The point was to try and wake up our party to the real issues that are affecting our daily lives and impacting us all in how we go about our routines.  As the message began to resonate through the internet, many people back home asked me to consider something more realistic, like running for Congress.  I was being put to the test of making my own words reality.

In November, I began my grassroots campaign for the Republican nomination in the 12th District.  I have walked over 450 miles throughout all 22 counties and visited with many of you and your neighbors.  Most folks have related to me that they too are fed up with how things are in Washington.  It is obvious that people are hungry for change, but they deserve the RIGHT change.

We have a real opportunity to win the 12th District Congressional seat thanks in large part to the tough primary that the incumbent will face.  It is critical that we nominate someone from this district who is capable of standing up for our beliefs and values against either Democrat in November and taking those principles to Congress.

What we have going on now is a travesty to the democratic process.  There are those out there who are paid by special interests and the status quo who are threatened by the mere idea that someone new to the process could possibly run for office.  That mentality is destructive to the future and prosperity of the Republican Party.  Has our party become so arrogant that we only allow people who are card carrying members of the status quo politics as usual crowd to run for office?  Simply put, the answer is no and the campaigns of my opponents know better.

I’d like to address some of the other issues that have recently been raised on this blog.    Divorce is a horrible thing.  I pray for my opponent during this trying personal situation.  That is why I had my campaign manager reach out to them and assure them we weren’t going to touch the issue and we didn’t and we will not.  This is a matter for my opponent to handle with his wife.

As well, yes, it is somewhat trivial as to whether or not a campaign has or doesn’t have the required disclosure on their campaign signs (in this case doesn’t have).  However, if we are going to be able to take our values and vision to Washington as opposed to the failed policies of the left, we ALL have to AT LEAST abide by the rules in getting elected.

And while it isn’t a requirement to live in the district in which you want to represent, it is somewhat odd that someone runs for Congress without being a registered voter in the state they want to represent for the first 6 months of their campaign.  Any candidate running for office, whether it be state, local, or federal should at least register to vote before they announce for office, raise money, and file with the FEC.

I will continue moving forward in this campaign in addressing the serious issues that we face like soaring gas and food prices, stabilizing our economy, and creating new jobs because I know that our party and in particular my problem solving experience is what is necessary in Washington to get things done.

I’m a blue collar working guy who put in the hard time and worked my way up all the way to Vice President of a major energy services company.  My entire career has been identifying problems and solving them.  It’s those skills and my common sense approach to our problems that are attracting so much support throughout the 12th District.

1. FreedomOfPeach says:

I guess some would consider “babble” that average people are getting disgusted with the rhetoric on both sides of the aisle and are beginning to stand up and take on the establishment.

Then again, it must be “babble” to actually address an issue raised on PP. No wonder very few politicians expose themselves to blogging. Instead of discussing an issue they are critiqued on the way the information is posted. Not exactly an invitation to dialouge.

I wonder if it would be “babble” to SpaceyG if Ray McKinney had a (D) after his name. I guess the rhetoric and partisanship extends beyond Washington.

2. Andre Walker says:

If I may be the lone Democrat with kind words to say about Ray McKinney, after meeting him for lunch, I can honestly say that Ray has a genuine desire to serve the people of Georgia and America.

3. Pachyderm 42 says:

Celt2,

If you think your obscenity ridden, vitriolic, angry, falsehood-ridden comment posted above is an example of “decent Republican politics,” then you are truly delusional.

4. Bull Moose says:

Celt 2 is Vinny Hogan and PoliticsBlows is
    P-Hut, both loyal supporters of Ben Crystal.

Worth noting.

5. drjay says:

wow i wish i’d seen it before the “obscenity ridden, vitriolic, angry, falsehood-ridden” comment was removed…

6. celtic2 says:

IF YOU CALL THE DISPICABLE WAY THIS RACE HAS BEEN “DUMBED” DOWN BY THE COMPETITION! THEN YES THATS “OBSCENITY!”— THERE WAS NO CURSING, SWEARING OR ANGRY FALSEHOODS! AND IM WISKED AWAY BY NATZIE BLOG REGULATORS!!!—BUT WHATS VERY PUZZLING TO ME IS THAT ALL OF BENS SUPPORTERS ARE CENSORED AND SILENCED BY THIS SITE AND THIER NAMES EXPOSED? THAT DOESNT BOTHER ME ONE BIT! I AM BEHIND BEN 100% AND I STAND LIKE A MAN! CAN THE REST OF YOU SAY THAT??

7. celtic2 says:

THE CREDABLITY OF THIS SITE HAS BEEN COMPROMISED FOR EVER!!! JUST CHECK THE NEW LINKS IM SURE YOU CAN FIND HILLARY, OBAMA AND MOVE ON.ORG!!!

8. drjay says:

in the world onto itself that things like blogs exist in–i am led to understand that ALL CAPS is considered yelling so if you make all your posts in ALL CAPS it comes across as “angry” to other run of the mill blog readers

9. drjay says:

and it’s no secret either who i am or who i support–and i’ve really been trying to avoid all of this part of the recent campaign b/c i have friends in both camps and all things being equal would prefer a neighbor representing me in congress–of course as i’ve read this stuff today and talked to folks over the past week–i wonder how much it matters–my next door neighbor is a dependable gop voter who has no idea what “peach pundit” is–its a fun hobby to pontificate i suppose–but didn’t we kinda decide during the special election when marlow did not even make the runoff that that’s about all it is??

10. drjay says:

heck i’ve mentioned a couple of bloggy sorts of things to folks like my county chair in the past month and my local YR chair and they both responded that they don’t really read or participate in them…

11. Pachyderm 42 says:

Celt2,

In the post that was deleted (I wish the moderator had kept it up to see how unglued you are) you used symbols such as #%^& which are commonly used by bloogers and message board users to indicate where a certain obscentity would be placed if the site didn’t have a rule against it.

12. Icarus says:

“THE CREDABLITY OF THIS SITE HAS BEEN COMPROMISED FOR EVER!!!”

Too late. They’ve let me blog here for over a year. The street cred is long gone.

13. Pachyderm 42 says:

Sometimes I long for the days before blogs, Yes, I know I’m ancient, but I remember when the types of vitriolic, nasty comments we’ve read over the past few days by one candiate’s supporters against another candidate and his campaign manager used to occur only in gossip circles and behind the scenes.

What hath the internet wrought? A lot of rudeness, because on blogs you can be “anonymous.”

14. drjay says:

and another thing–is it really fair for kristi yamaguchi to even have been on dancing w/ the stars to begin w/–isn’t figure skating basically dancing on skates–i was hoping jason taylor would take home the trophy…i wonder which dave wins idol tonite??

15. celtic2 says:

PACHYDERM? —-BOO HOO! I HAVE RESPECT FOR YOUR CAMP BUT IT IS ERODING FAST! YOU DONT SET UP THIS ENTIRE ABORTION OVER THE PAST FEW DAYS? AND THEN SAY “WE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!” “ITS NOT OUR FAULT!” “YOU PEOPLE ARE ATTACKING US?” THESE ARE THE TACTICS OF ONE INDIVIDUAL! IVE BEEN TOLD ABOUT HIM FROM ALOT OF PEOPLE, GOING WAY BACK! BUT I WAIT TO CONCUR MY OWN OPINIONS! IF YOU THINK WE ARE GOING TO STAND BACK AND TAKE THIS LIBERAL SMEAR MACHINE SITTING DOWN? YOU ARE SADLY MISTAKEN!

16. Bill Simon says:

Is it time to start talking about the 12 District seceding from Georgia and joining South Carolina? Has anyone checked to see if those longitude and latitude measurements are correct for that side of Georgia?

17. Icarus says:

John, and others,

still awaiting your pre-season top 10 picks on the “son-of-thread-of-dreams”.

18. dewberry says:

Here is something you all might find interesting.

Clint Murphy somehow ended up with an endorsement from the biggest liberal organization in Savannah to be found.

Notice how this liberal lobby group could not decide which of the candidates to pick for mayor of Savannah but what an easy time they had picking good ole Clint Murphy.

Ask Clint about who he will support in the local county commission chairman race. Will it be the same incumbent that take donations from the local strip club?

Clint attacked me for my attack on the incumbent chairman and his ongoing squander and ethical misdeeds committed under the chairman’s “leadership”.

Good ole two faced Clint Murphy – The biggest opportunist if I ever saw one.

James Dewberry

19. Icarus says:

“…Will it be the same incumbent that take donations from the local strip club?”

For all the money that I’ve donated TO the local strip club, it’s nice to know that someone is getting some back.

20. John Konop says:

dewberry

I do not know Clint Murphy other than reading his comments on this blog. I will say I have not always agreed with him but he has always made thoughtful arguments and has been willing to debate.

If you have real issues about what Clint supports why not make it? The personal attacks are a real turn off!

21. GOP Girl says:

geez. a gop girl goes to work and misses all the fun. I got some hate email from Clint so decided I better come over here and see what had his red hair (or lack thereof) all aflame.

But why can’t I see the other posts? It says 32 but all I see is about 12. What’s up wid dat?

22. John Konop says:

FreedomOfPeach

I think Spacey has a blackberry and was at the Hillary WHITE POWER rally, it might have been hard for her to read the post.

23. dewberry says:

I have met Clint and witnessed the smear campaign he waged against a very well qualified and decent woman who is a Republican. I know her as she worked for the same CPA firm my mother has worked at for more than 30 years.

For someone to be so “credentialed” to defend the incumbent democratic commissioner who has raised our taxes, awarded no bid contracts to fellow democratic operatives, and continues to squander our tax dollars says a lot to me.

This isn’t anything personal, this is my opinion of Murphy. I would question anything that comes out of his mouth the same as anything I might read that he has penned.

I didn’t need to find the endorsement by the liberal lobby of Murphy to know what a questionable person he is. He was running for my district which is largely Republican and I can tell you that he lost by a wide margin for some of the reasons I mentioned above.

Again, nothing personal other than my opinion. Isn’t this what this site encourages?

24. John Konop says:

dewberry

This is your second comment and you have not mentioned one tangible issue. At this point you sound like the problem not the solution. The system has many real issues and we have candidates like you on both sides and all they can do is go personal.

Do you understand any issues? Do you have any real issues with Clint via a solution he ran on? If not look in the mirror and you will see why we are facing many issues and have leadership void!

25. Icarus says:

“Isn’t this what this site encourages?”

We encourage beer drinking, the understanding of the sport of Rugby, and The Children.

And occasionally, the adoption of new consumer technologies such as iPhones, so long as the wife and children are out of town.

26. drjay says:

oh, clint did not smear mary ellen he simply ran against her for an open city council seat…as i recall, over one or 2 specific issues he did not feel she was addressing as he jumped in the race late after planning to support her…i f i were running my own race in chatham this year–i’d probably keep a pretty wide berth around this one at this point..

27. John Konop says:

dewberry by your third comment and you demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt why you are unfit to run for office.

God help this country with fools like you running for office!

28. dewberry says:

Because I post here I am not fit for office?

drjay, I don’t think you were on the mailing list in this district when Murphy mailed out a flyer with his opponent’s photo with her eyes closed and suggested she was sleeping on the job while she was on the local school board.

Murphy stated in a phone call today that he would back my Republican challenger who is an Obama supporter. Go figure.

29. drjay says:

dewberry–i saw all of clint campaign material –my office is in the district–and we are all in YR’s together and were all helping eachother last year–which is one of the reasons this primary has been so hard for me personally–i have friends in both the sav’h based campaigns and i hate seeing this campaign turn into a circus w/ friends eating eachother…

30. dewberry says:

Well, if you think the eyes closed photo of Mary Ellen on the postcard was not in poor taste I would hate to see what you think qualifies as poor taste.

I certainly respect McKinney for who he is and what he has done in his career but Murphy rubbed me wrong last year when I met him and I was offended by his tactics as in the postcard.

I hate it when personal attacks against candidates in this manner are waged and indeed I have been a target.

I just hate to see party people try their best to smear each other over personal matters like having your eyes closed and certainly it is nothing that is becoming of the party.

Murphy told me by telephone today that he would support my Republican challenger who is also an Obama supporter. I feel real bad now.

31. Romegaguy says:

Maybe she should get those glasses that have open eyeballs painted on them. That way she would always look she is awake.

Can somebody pass the popcorn?

32. dewberry says:

Please see my website. There are a number of issues I feel are important that need to be addressed. Illegal immigrants, spending $60 million more than needed on the new jail, no-bid contracts, nursing home business licensing, no boondoggle recycling, lowering taxes, as well as other matters.

Sorry you don’t find these as valid matters of concern.

33. Romegaguy says:

Somebody that can weld and has spent time shoveling animal crap is definitely qualified to be County Commission Chair. Too bad I dont live in Savannah…

34. dewberry says:

Yes, and following my childhood learning experiences I went on to earn a degree in biology, learned how to fly a tailwheel aircraft across the country and also learned how to coordinate projects in 32 languages for clients all over the world. I’m still cleaning up after my dogs and cats.

35. Bill Simon says:

Ding! Ding! Ding! 3-points goes to Dewberry for his slam-back answer to Rome…

You tell ’em Dewberry! (I have no clue as to who you are, but I just like the body-slam retort you gave Rome…)

36. dewberry says:

The current commission chairman doesn’t use a computer. He said he doesn’t know much about them. He owns property that he states is on Burt Reynolds estate. We’ve had it this good for years. I guess being Burt Reynold’s body guard decades ago is a real qualifier.

37. Bill Simon says:

Dewberry,

Clint Murphy is actually headed to Tallahassee to serve as John McCain’s Deputy Director in the Southeast region relatively soon.

38. dewberry says:

Good for Clint and good for McKinney.

I was just making the point that he didn’t represent at the appointed hour on the radio this week. The host of the show was baffled. Clint didn’t even call to explain.

I picked McCain a long time ago and have a lot of respect for him due to the sacrifices he made for our country. I certainly wish I had the free time to dedicate to someone else’s campaign but I currently have my hands full with work and campaigning.

I wish all of the Republican candidates the best of luck but all of this trashing about where the candidates live and their divorce proceedings et. al. is for the birds. I have little doubt where all of this mudslinging originated.

39. Annoyed Dawg says:

This thread is the exact reason why John Barrow is going back to Congress in November. You GOPers really couldn’t find anyone qualified for this seat? These mouthy schoolchildren are the people you chose for your staffs? On purpose?

Looks like even the campaign manager for one of the candidates feels that way, too, if he’s preparing to run off to Tallahassee…

40. ACConservative says:

Amen Annoyed Dawg.

The GOP had a golden opportunity to take a seat from the Democrats. With the right candidate (i.e. someone who doesn’t act like a three year old) John Barrow should be easier to beat than Georgia Tech on the football field.

41. ACConservative says:

Dewberry, i don’t think i’ll vote for someone who gets in petty arguments over the internet.

42. dewberry says:

It is obvious I don’t know what I am doing when I put my platform on the internet when my opponents do not have a website and at least one doesn’t know how to use a computer. Yes, I don’t know my bottom from a hole in the ground.

43. Annoyed Dawg says:

I disagree with you there. The GOPers seem to get nuttier and nuttier. I’d vote for a Republican who wasn’t falling over the edge of the right side of the line, but those folks don’t exist in Georgia unless they’re Democrats.

While people in the northern part of the state save for our little utopia think the more rabidly conservative the better (a constitutional amendment regarding castration… seriously? yikes!) , the voters in the south believe in things like farm subsidies and housing help. They aren’t against government intervention, though they are socially conservative… just not totally crazy. I think they’re real Blue Dogs, and John Barrow is absolutely a Blue Dog.

44. dewberry says:

I tried to answer some of the questions above but I guess the moderator moderated another one of my posts. I tyring to keep track but I think there are 3 posts of mine that were moderated today. If anyone is interested in what I posted I will be glad to share. Please send mail through website. Thanks

45. dewberry says:

Wow. I am impressed.

First, I get a threatening call from Clint Murphy, next I get a flattering message from Bill Simon and still another flattering message from Ray McKinney.

More good news is that one of the most respected conservative bloggers on the Savannah Morning News website made what I interpret as an endorsement for my campaign.

The bad news. The sad news. My dear sweet 87 year old grandmother died at 10:30pm tonight. She was born in Tombs County and lived most of her life in Montgomery County. I will miss her always.

46. John Konop says:

dewberry

From what I read you do not know if you disagree with your opponent. And on your key issue of immigration you support the open border/amnesty McCain/Bush /Kennedy plan.

Is this why all you can do is spew out hate?

47. dewberry says:

No, my answer was deleted. Let me try it again without naming the openly gay Republican leaders in the local party that I am guessing were protected by deleting my last attempt.

I picked McCain due to his service to the country, he has piloted aircraft that go a lot faster than I have been rated in and instinct told me that he would be the best received. Please don’t be too harsh on me for picking McCain especially after I relate this information to you.

Even when the field was still crowded with Republican candidates for President, my primary opponent openly embraced Obama.

“McMasters likes Obama”

“Former Chatham County Commissioner John McMasters says he’s “seriously considering” voting for Obama.”

“The whole deal,” he said, “is that no one Republican candidate is making sense. Sure, if you took a little bit of one and a little bit from another, you might could get a good candidate. But that’s not possible.”

“Obama isn’t perfect, he said.”

“But he at least seems to be real and natural,” McMasters added. “He projects hope and honesty.”

Source: SMN http://savannahnow.com/node/433850

This is the same McMasters who paraded around town as the champion of the recycling madness that overcame Savannah’s city hall. This recycling madness will require millions and millions of dollars to get off the ground and require millions more to support year after year. What could be worse, this same madness has dulled the common sense of the county commission and promises to add millions and millions of dollars on top of the millions that this county wastes each year on other boondoggle expenditures.

Beyond this, McMasters did in the last year promote his long standing favor of impact fees to be levied on new construction projects in Savannah and by extension Chatham County. Republican tax and spend? He should have no trouble getting such measures passed with the other commissioners who have demonstrated their want of more tax revenues. Indeed, the county can’t seem to get enough of your tax dollars.

He made this tax levy part his platform during the housing crisis that was already obvious to everyone around the world and worse, he was going to use the proceeds to add 100 new police officers to the streets of Savannah. Our crime problems have nothing to do with the high officer per capita numbers we already enjoy but have everything to do with the social problems enjoyed in Savannah. Police officers are no good at solving social issues. He made no comments about how the health care or retirement benefits would be paid for. Indeed, we are not building much of anything in Savannah or Chatham County so his idea of solving the crime issue by raising taxes through the new construction impact fees was troubling to hear from the beginning.

Further, is trying to deny the rights of property owners to do with their property as they are entitled considered a Republican ideal? I am talking about the Walmart fight that McMasters waged years ago to prevent Walmart from opening their new location on Montgomery Cross Roads. Like Walmart or not, they provide hundreds of jobs and plenty of tax revenues and beyond these merits they are the only company I am aware of that makes prescription medicine more affordable and easy to access than any other organization known.

Is this Obama supporter, property rights opponent, tax levy advocate and recycling champion what qualifies as the “New” face of the Republican Party? Honestly, what gives?

McMasters – Obama connection

Surely there are positions I don’t agree with McCain on 100% but for whatever reason, my pick for the candidate became reality. I was not not alone in picking McCain.

Concerning illegal workers in Chatham County, it is unforgivable that the so called leaders didn’t crack down on this mess years and years ago. I am a strong advocate of legal immigration but not amnesty. Amnesty is for the birds who stray into Ga. airspace from South Carolina and no one else.

For the record, my long time girlfriend is Japanese and currently resides in Tokyo. I met her here in the states while she worked for Honda as an interpreter. She is a very accomplished woman with a great career and plenty smart. She obtained her masters degree from the same place the FBI, DOD and CIA have their agents trained.

48. Icarus says:

Dewberry,

My condolences on your Grandmother. Take a break from this foolishness and take care of your family. The foolishness will still be here later.

49. drjay says:

wow that is a long post–i’ve never taken a dale carnegie course–but i have stayed at a holiday inn express–so i feel comfortable saying you probably don’t win many friends or influence many people by calling them stupid–even if you are attributing it to your girlfriend–we’ve talked a little about your delivery before JD…and i’m not surprised ray called you–you said some nice things about him earlier and it is his nature to acknowledge such things–esp. in the middle of all the not nice things spinning around in the 12th these days…

50. drjay says:

i must of missed the comment about the loss of your grandmother–such losses can be tough–i hope your family can find strength and comfort–i lost my grandfather the day before the election last year–it put a lot of things in perspective–we joked a little about how much he hated politicians and thought they were all crooks and liars (i know this sounds wierd–but it helped a little at the time) so he died the day before the election to avoid seeing my name on a ballot…

51. dewberry says:

Yes, Ray did call and I have to return his call this morning. He was very polite and did say he wanted to try and clear up any misunderstandings about his camp.

Girlfriend was talking mostly about the low voter turnout for our local off year political races and she was talking about the Savannah City Council races in particular. Just like me, girlfriend doesn’t think it is very good for a holder of any political office to embrace or give the appearance of embracing Louis Farrakhan the way our mayor has. http://old.savannahnow.com/stories/062505/3122750.shtml

I have heard talk about Ben Crystal’s slogan for his campaign so I thought I would make mine known as it has not been discussed already. My slogan is “I’m not stupid, I’m voting for Dewberry”. My first thought of using stupid came in summer of last year when I wrote about myself being “tired of being stupid”. That was why I finally gave into running for office. Rather than just having a vote as a citizen this community and indeed this nation needs more folks to get out there and fuss about the shortcomings we all enjoy to bring about change. Need change? Look at what the oil executives had to say yesterday about the restrictions this country has over any other concerning the harvesting of our own natural resources.

drjay, yes, we have talked about delivery and I do appreciate your good direction. I took care of that problem by moving my accounts away from Bank of America. I’ve had no trouble since. I honestly have little regard for any bank who will pass you a pen but refuse to pass you a deposit slip and especially for a commercial customer. My new bank greets me by name and does not poll me to see if I am Spanish speaking or not. Someone actually answers the phone and in English. Can you believe that?

My temperament comes straight from my mother and my smart bottom comments and straight shooting comes straight from my grandmother who just passed. Granny didn’t call me buckshot with little reason. Granny also is credited for giving me my sense of humor. I will never be as funny as granny but she was someone that would brighten up any mood with her funny sayings and sharp wit. She had this level headed take on everything I can think of.

I was in Japan last month when I learned she had cancer. She declined any of the modern treatments available as she knew what her chances were. I saw her at the hospital last Friday and she was in no pain and just as cheerful and witty as always. She went home this past Monday and slowly but peacefully passed into forever last night. Surely I hope that hers is the first face I see if I ever make it to heaven.

Just like most families, we are no strangers to such loss. Indeed, we have all lost close friends but surely no amount of experience makes any such loss any easier.

I appreciate each of your kind words about my granny and our loss. Thank you.

52. voice of reason says:

I’m sorry for your loss Mr. Dewberry.

But I’m wondering how Ray Mckinney’s explanation of the main criticism against him became about Dewberry’s run this fall…

So Ray has answered his strongest criticism – running for VP and P – I’m waiting to hear from the other 2 candidates on their strongest criticisms – namely from the one who doesn’t exactly live in the district – and the other that has too much baggage (real or perceived) in his personal life (and shouting “that mean other camp is saying bad things about me” is not an explanation, it’s whining).

53. voice of reason says:

btw, Ray Mckinney’s explanation seemed quite reasonable and logical to me. Thank you for explaning yourself.

Let’s hear real explanations from the others, in their own words!

54. Pachyderm 42 says:

Mr. Dewberry… a word of advice… if you want to win friends and influecne people (and, of course gain supporters) don’t hijack other prople’s threads, and especially don’t attack the originator of the thread. Just in case you don’t know, Bull Moose is Clint Murphy.

55. Pachyderm 42 says:

Dear Voice:

You truly are a “voice of reason.” Yes, I find it very interesting that instead of answering and explaining criticisms, Mr. Stone and Mr. Crystal (or his supporters, at least) choose to attack Ray. Wow. Says a little bit about the other two candidates, doesn’t it?

56. dewberry says:

I was not born yesterday. I knew who Bull Moose was a long time ago. It was never my intention to hijack this thread as you claim.

For the record, I think we need more folks like McKinney to stand up and run for office.

Overall, I would say that the party has done very little to get candidates lined up for runs against the dems. Chatham County is a fine example. McMasters is credited for lining up all of the dem challengers to only the incumbent Republicans. The only dem facing opposition is the chairman. The party had nothing to do with putting anyone up against any of the dem incumbents.

57. celtic2 says:

ITS ALL OVER FOR RAY NOW??? LOOKS LIKE BULL MOOSE MORE LIKE “BULL SHEEEEET” CLINT MURPHY –WHO HAS STARTED ALL OF THIS NONSENSE IS LEAVING RAY HOLDING THE BAG! HES GOING TO RUN OFF TO FLORIDA WITH HIS THONG STRING BIKINI TO FROLIC IN THE SUN FOR THE MCCAIN CAMPAIGN! TALK ABOUT LEAVING SOME ONE HIGH AND DRY! I ALMOST FEEL SORRY FOR RAY?

58. dewberry says:

What a dirt bag.

McCain was mentioned on the radio today talking about legalizing illegal aliens – did I hear that correctly? I guess they will be legalizing illegal pot next?

I was commenting on Murphy’s exodus in relation to “dirt bag”.

I still maintain that amnesty is only for South Carolina birds straying into Georgia airspace and no one else.

59. dewberry says:

I met both McKinney and Crystal today and they were talking both about the mess in Washington.

Ray did personally scold Crystal today for having illegal election signs.

60. Annoyed Dawg says:

I don’t give a hoot about whether Ray McKinney was serious about his run for VP or not. On the onset, it sounds like he was ignorant rather than clever, and anything that can’t be explained in five seconds or less is going to give him trouble because people have short attention spans.

61. Hortence says:

You know, if the worse thing you can say about a candidate for Congress is that they were so fed up with the status quo and wanted to demand change so loudly that they ran for President, then color me purple and call me crazy!

Too many of our candidates today are so PC they don’t say anything within the realm of reality.

I mean, John Stone came out with an energy plan that was not even in the realm of reality. I’d like a plan that actually reduces gas prices, not offer pie in the sky platitudes that accomplish NOTHING. He might as well have said that cars were going to run on marshmellows is how stupid his plan was.

You take Stone and Crystal both and look at their position on trade and you can kiss goodbye the GA Ports and the hundreds of thousands of jobs tied to them.

How do two morons run in a district that includes the largest port on the Eastern Seaboard and be against trade!

HELLO! Exactly how many jobs are you looking to eliminate?

Let’s get on the issues people. Republicans can win the 12th District, especially with the Hat versus the comb over! But we’ll never win if we nominate a man so clueless that he spent the first 6 months of his campaign as a registered voter in Virginia or someone who is so ignorant that they hire a registered lobbyist as their campaign consultant and then put out campaign signs that totally violate the law…

62. Pachyderm 42 says:

Tell us what you really think, Hortense!

Wow, you hit the nail right on the head. BTW, did you also now that Crystal’s campaign consultant, Mr. Simons, has contributed $1,000 to John Barrow? Hmmm. Something to think about.

Of the three candidates, Ray is the only one who has logically and succinctly answered his critics. The other two have relied on attacks by surrogates against Ray to try and deflect very valid questions and criticism aimed at them.

Who knows what can happen between now and November… if the Hat beats the Comb-over, all bets are off. No wonder this 12th district GOP race is getting so… ahem… competitive. (Maybe the better word is vicious, at least on the part of Stone and Crystal.)

63. celtic2 says:

HORTENCE? GET IT TOGETHER MAN! NO REPUBLICAN IS AGAINST TRADE??? HES AGAINST UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES!!! CAN YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND THAT? CLINTON; THE LIBERAL ENACTED NAFTA!! IN THEORY IT WAS GOOD FOR ALL? BUT THERE IS NEVER A DOWN SIDE TO LIBERAL POLITICS UNTIL THE POLICY IS ENACTED!!! WE ALLOW MEXICO AND OTHER COUNTRIES LIKE CHINA ACCESS TO OUR ECONOMY. AND THEN THEY STICK IT TO US! –SO IN RETURN FOR ACCESS TO OUR MARKETS, THEY RETURN THE FAVOR BY PUTTING UNDER THE TABLE TARRIFFS ON OUR GOODS! AND MAKE THE PLAYING FIELD UNEVEN! TRY NOT TO BE SUCH AN IGNORANT SLUG JUST BECAUSE YOUR BEHIND ANOTHER CANDIDATE!

PACHYDERM 42? IF YOU ACCEPT CLINT MURPHYS EXPLANATION TO RAYS CRITICSMS? THAN YOU ARE AS IGNORANT AS RAY IS! RAY HAS NEVER DISCUSSED IT? CLINT HAS POSTED AN EXPLANATION FOR DAMAGE CONTROL! AND THE EXPLANATION IS MORE RETARDED THAN THE ORIGINAL STATEMENT. ABOUT WHY AND WHAT HIS REASONS WERE FOR RUNNING FOR” VICE PRESIDENT!”

BEN CRYSTAL IS NOT GOING TO REBUT A KAMAKAZI DIVORCE LAWYERS COUNTER SUIT ON THE GROUNDS OF DIVORCE! HES NOT GOING TO LEGITAMIZE A “BLOOD SUCKER” FOR HIM TO HAVE HIS PAYDAY!

GOOD DAY GENTLEMEN!— BUT I WILL SAY THIS !I WILL VOTE FOR ANY REPUBLICAN! NO MATTER WHO IT IS ,THAT WINS THE PRIMARY!!!

64. celtic2 says:

AND DEWBERRY!! YOUR RIGHT CLINT SCREWED RAY BIG TIME!!! HES STARTED ALL OF THIS BULL—-! AND NOW HES BLOWING TOWN WITH RAY TO DEAL WITH THE FALLOUT!!!

65. Hortence says:

Divorce is awful. My prayers are with both Mr. and Mrs. Crystal in this trying time.

However, it’s still odd that someone hires a lobbyist to head up there campaign, puts out illegal campaign signs, and then comes out completely against trade. I guess it would also be safe to say that BC isn’t the family values candidate?

Crystal and Stone, or tweedle dee and tweedle dumb, don’t have a clue about the economic prosperity that this region has experienced because of the growth of the ports. There positions threaten that prosperity!

NAFTA was a Bush 41 policy that Clinton enacted. Reform it, make it work, but scrap it and watch the rest of the jobs leave faster than you can google Ben Crystal. The largest trading partner for the GA Ports is China. These two anti-China trade candidates are marching along to a song that only they hear in their heads.

And this screaming celtic is clueless. I guess he has already written off his candidate for having any chance of winning because if I’m not mistaken, McKinney’s guy is leaving to be a part of McCain’s campaign for the SE. Attacking the staff isn’t the best way to get help from the party’s Presidential nominee.

66. dewberry says:

The port traffic in Savannah is actually realizing a decline. This decline in imports is not very common for the port of Savannah. They are not realizing double digit growth anymore. This biggest growth is actuall in exports over the last couple of reporting periods.

Here is my last writing on the port.

and the one before that was

And I did a little story about the million dollar cranes the ports hired internationals to construct on our behalf

67. gatormathis says:

“As an outsider looking in, she stated last year that I would never win the election because there are too many stupid people in Savannah. I love that girl.”

………now that’s a quote that ought to endear a lot of voters to your cause…………..

……also, it’s better to put it in print so that the point won’t be misconstrued…………….

68. dewberry says:

People have such short memories.

This same mayor of Savannah is a supporter of Louis Farrakhan. http://old.savannahnow.com/stories/062505/3122750.shtml

She was speaking specifically to Savannah’s city council race and those who would elect the council.

Listen, when you have about 20% of the registered voters in a county turn out to vote for or against SPLOST, a new tax, then one could deduce that there is no shortage of stupidity in the area.

In 2006 estimate reveal that the voting age populace in Chatham County is 179,991.

Want more examples of stupid? Our public schools might provide thousands of examples.

Girlfriend is far from uninformed.

69. Holly says:

Hortence, I saw a lot of ripping at energy plans from the other candidates, but if they’re so bad, why not explain why you think that? And what is Ray McKinney’s plan? Since it’s so much better, tell us about it!

I’m going to agree with Annoyed Dawgm though. The issue is not that Ray ran for president. The problem for Ray is that his “running for VP” gimmick didn’t have a good transition, and the message got lost with it. No one knew he was trying to grab attention in order to run for president because that didn’t come out clearly. It seemed to me (and all others who were on this blog at the time) that he really thought he could run for VP. Whether it becomes a serious issue or not, I don’t know, but I do know that it turns into a complicated explanation at best, and in terms of communication strategy, that’s always a headache.

Is Clint really taking a job with the McCain folks? If so, congratulations! When does the job start, and who will be taking over Ray’s campaign?

70. dewberry says:

Here is something Ray should consider. Consider David Simons. He was a consultant for the Pete Liakakis re-election press conference. This is the same guy that suggested he hated Liakakis only the year before.

David Simons, a longtime Liakakis political foe who’s distributed “Liakaki$ means Taxe$” bumper stickers, assessed the prospects for defeating him cautiously.

“Pete is the sort of guy you either love or hate,” said Simons, a political consultant who usually works with Republicans.

and a year later Simons puts his differences aside to promote Liakakis’ re-election campaign.

This only proves you don’t have to be a politician to be a political dirtbag.

I agree with the statements above, where do the candidates stand on the issues? Do all of the candidates have websites with platforms or just hot air if any air at all? My opponents don’t do internetting and closely guard their ideas and platforms.

A question of the candidates? Ray, Stone, McKinney, do each of you know how to use a computer? As I noted in the original thread, someone posted “this on here on behalf of Ray McKinney”. I know my incumbent challenger does not compute http://savannahnow.com/node/497994

I also know that my other challenger is pretty dull. It appears he does not add very well http://savannahnow.com/node/384843 (his idea on how to pay for 150 new police officers), does not keep up on current economic conditions, as a Republican wants to raise taxes http://savannahnow.com/node/384843 and also supports Obama http://savannahnow.com/node/433850

Do all candidates compute?

The funeral for my grandmother was yesterday. It was a beautiful service. More than 100 friends and family attended the service and burial to reflect on this very special woman. We treasure these rewards we will keep the rest of our lives. The treasure is the memories we keep of this great woman.

71. celtic2 says:

THATS JUST IT? NOBODY IS TAKING OVER!
    CLINT HAS LEFT HIM HIGH AND DRY! I THINK ADJU AKBAR IS THE ONLY ONE LEFT!——–CLINT SHOULD STAY IN FLORIDA? PEOPLE HERE HAVE LONG MEMORIES AND HE HAS NO POLITICAL FUTURE IN SAVANNAH OR GEORGIA FOR THAT MATTER!!!

72. Annoyed Dawg says:

Okay, after having read the last two threads concerning the GA-12 race, I’m convinced John Stone is going to win the primary just because of the lack of drama coming from his campaign as compared to the other two.

Has anyone heard anything from Regina Thomas lately? I still say Barrow pulls it out, but if she goes around to the black churches each week between now and July 15, I say she can win a bigger chunk of that vote than people are giving her credit for. I’m thinking it could be as close as 60-40.

73. dewberry says:

My opinion is that Regina is already the front runner for the July vote. She is without any doubt the most colorful person in the race.

In another thread I wrote about my opinion of Stone. I believe he comes across as too much of a professional politician and or yes man.

I’m just guessing as I have never met Stone but from what I believe right now I’d say that Ben is a lot more approachable than Stone. That means a lot to me and for this reason. If my candidate did come up with some wacky idea I think he would be a lot easier to talk sense to than someone who has been there done that and knows better than everyone else.

Stone camp, Crystal camp. Ask your candidates to give me a call. My number is on my website. Someone prove my point is right or wrong.

74. Annoyed Dawg says:

Not to be a jerk, but why would they call you? Why don’t you call them if you want to know? Ben Crystal and John Stone are probably too busy to be reading Peach Pundit and calling anyone who has a question who posts it on a blog rather than at least emailing the question to the candidates. I’m sure they have web forms or outright email addresses on their web sites.

75. dewberry says:

Hey, it is just a phone call. Why wouldn’t a candidate call me? It is just my own little challenge to the candidates. For what ever reason it got your attention. I just want to see how real these folks are. I don’t remember anyone asking for the candidates to do the same on this board.

76. Hortence says:

Okay, let me see what we have here, Celtic2 is a mad Crystal friend/supporter who is attacking Clint for working for his opponent?

And, I guess, he’s attacking Clint now for going to be the Southeast Deputy Campaign Manager for John McCain?

And, by some of the other emails I’ve seen, Celtic2 is the same guy who sent out an email for Crystal encouraging people to PLEDGE THEIR TAX DEDUCTABLE DONATIONS TO BEN CRYSTAL?

I guess the Crystal effort is just going to run a tab at the FEC for all these violations?

Who is the Chairman of this cluster****? I’d stroke out if it were me tied to this train wreck.

I mean, I realize that Crystal’s first hire was none other than REGISTERED STATE LOBBYIST DAVE SIMONS, and you’d think he’d know how not to violate the law, but then again, Dave runs state races, not federal ones.

I think this whole thread has gotten off of the candidates and gone onto another level and that is of attacking the staff. In the political circles, that’s called DESPERATION 101.

77. dewberry says:

+++ Opinionated – In whole or in part +++

Oh gawd. David Simons. More mud.

David Simon said you either love Pete Liakakis or you hate him.

Dave Simon had been a long time opponent of Liakakis back when he represented only Republicans and even circulated bumper stickers that read Liakakis Means Taxes. http://savannahnow.com/node/248252

In January of this year who other than Simons would you expect to be working on the re-election campaign promotion for Pete Liakakis?

How different are campaign contributions to Pete Liakakis, e.g. the strip club “Uncle Harry’s”, than Simons work to promote Pete’s re-election launch? Was Simon’s working for free? Where did the money come from? A strip club? http://savannahnow.com/node/476586

So is the “I’ll do anything for money” and “We can forget all about it – if the price is right” lobbyist Simons still working for Ben?

Oh gawd.

78. FreedomOfPeach says:

Dewberry,
    I thought you said earlier McKinney called your campaign office? Was he the first candidate (approachable) to reach out? Apparantly it didn’t matter.

I still think some of you guys don’t get it. It appears that McKinney wasn’t really running for ANYTHING, he was po’d and trying to get politicians in Washington to start paying attention to the little peons like most of us here. After all, I don’t recall him quitting his day job, even after he was invited to compete in Texas.

Sounds like someone who was just as frustrated as the rest of us. Point is, he got people to listen. I mean how many people actually read what we say here, while McKinney was listened to or read by people all over the country. On Bill Edwards he mentioned gettting over 100,000 hits a month on his “Presidential” web site. I mean if the goal was to get out a message, seems to me he did pretty good at it.

If you guys really think that he really thought he was going to the White House, then your as batty as you claim he is.

I see a guy who saw a forrest fire coming and decided to stand out in the front yard with a hose. Maybe if all of the neighbors stood outside with him, they could stop the fire. But that will never happen becuase too many of you would rather look out the window and laugh at the guy trying to put out the fire. Meanwhile, the “pros” are down at the fire house playing cards.

For the one person (you know who you are) who didn’t quite get that last analogy, the fire is the crap storm hitting this country and the “pros” are the politicians back in Washington to busy goofing off to do anything about it.

79. dewberry says:

That was a point I was making. McKinney did reach out to me. I expressed at the time how flattering that was.

I’m plenty proud for McKinney to get such exposure.

80. celtic2 says:

“freedomof peach” IF YOU BOUGHT INTO THAT TRAIN WRECK OF AN EXPLANATION. ABOUT HOW, WHY, WHAT AND WHERE??? RAY MCKINNEY WAS EXPLAINING OR TRYING TO PROVE A POINT. ABOUT WHY HE WAS RUNNING FOR VICE PRESIDENT? YOU GO AHEAD AND DRINK THE KOOLAID ? AS FOR ME ; I DONT HAVE THE TIME TO SIT AROUND ALL DAY LONG. AN UN RAVEL THE MINDLESS RANTS OF RAY AND CLINTS LOGIC! (GOD I HAVE A HEAD ACHE!) THAT AND THE FACT THAT RAY ATTACKED DAVE LOCKE AT A YOUNG REPUBLICAN EVENT A FEW WEEKS AGO!!! DAMANDING THAT THE LOCAL DISTRICT ATTORNEY STOP ILEGAL IMMIGRATION! THAT FOR US IS ALL THE MOTIVATION WE NEED TO FOCUS ON CRYSTAL AND STONE! HEY RAY??? THATS THE JOB YOU ARE RUNNING FOR??? OH MY GOD!!! YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT HAVE A GRASP , ATTENTION SPAND, OR THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE POLITICAL PROCESS AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL!!! TIME TO QUIT DUDE? AND IF YOU HAVE 100 THOUSAND HITS ON YOUR SITE? THEN WHY HAVNT YOU RAISED 100 PENNIES TO BANK ROLL YOUR OBAMA-CLINTONIAN HATE FILLED CAMPAIGN??? SOBER UP DUDE? ITS OVER MAY BE YOU CAN FOLLOW CLINT DOWN TO DISNEY WORLD IN YOUR RED, WHITE AND BLUE SHORT BUS!

81. Hortence says:

It’s Celtic2 – Vinny Hogan – an official part of the Ben Crystal for Congress disaster.

If the Republican Party is going to stoop down so low as to attack normal people for getting involved with the political process, then that’s it, it will lose every election.

People like Vinny Hogan and their hate filled rhetoric are the problem with politics today. They can’t focus on real issues and instead just launch personally destructive and hurtful attacks.

If the Republican Party is going to turn to John Stone and Ben Crystal as viable candidates, then everyone might as well just give up now.

John Stone – Just Visiting for Congress – John Stone was running for Congress for 6 months before deciding it might be good to register to vote in Georgia. WTF!?! Plus, he is so clueless that he put forward an energy policy that might as well have been written in crayon it was so unrealistic.

Then there is Ben Crystal – a candidate who is just obviously going to run a tab at the FEC for all the violations he’s got. Someone who is so clueless he hires a registered lobbyist to run his campaign and immediately calls for the withdrawal from every trade agreement we’ve ever entered. Savannah will be a ghost town when Ben Crystal is done.

Then there is Ray. A man who ran for VP and PRES. A man who is now being attacked by the Crystal Campaign because he drives an American car. A man who actually goes to church. A man who actually has stayed married to his wife. A man who actually lives and works in the district he wants to represent. A man who actually didn’t hire a lobbyist to run his campaign. A man who is actually putting forth real solutions to our problems and not pie in the sky rhetoric.

Dear Lord help us all!

82. dewberry says:

Oh this is getting so good.

I have immigration policy on my website. We will do it in Chatham County.

We will also save $60 million on building the new jail.

My name is James Dewberry

83. FreedomOfPeach says:

Celtic,

Ray attacked Locke? From what I heard, the question was Dave, what are you going to be able to do with the illegals that congregate on highway 17? Dave’s answer was this is a federal problem not a local problem. Ray’s follow up question? None. Ray’s follow up comment? none. So where is the attack? It seems to me that Ray was just asking if the local officials had any plans on people committing a crime in Chatham county. Isn’t that something that we all want to know?

BTW, Federal Problem? Not according to
    Subsection 1324(c) of Title 8 specifically authorizes state and local officers “whose duty it is to enforce criminal laws” to make arrests for violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324.
    Section 439 of the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996 added a new 8 U.S.C. § 1252c which provides that notwithstanding any other provision of law, to the extent permitted by relevant State and local law, State and local law enforcement officials are authorized to arrest and detain an individual who (1) is an alien illegally present in the United States; and (2) has previously been convicted of a felony in the United States and deported and left the United States after such conviction, but only after the State or local law enforcement officials obtain appropriate confirmation from the Immigration and Naturalization Service of the status of such individual and only for such period of time as may be required for the Service to take the individual into federal custody for purposes of deporting or removing the alien from the United States.

Pursuant to 8 U.S.C. § 1304(e), aliens are issued registration cards and must carry such cards with them at all times. Aliens who gain entry without the requisite inspection, and who therefore are not issued such cards, violate 8 U.S.C. § 1325. Consequently, a law enforcement officer confronting an alien who is unable to produce documentation arguably has probable cause to believe that a violation of 8 U.S.C. § 1304(e) (failure to possess documents or 8 U.S.C. § 1325(a) (entry without inspection) has occurred. (If the alien is undocumented and has been in the United States for longer than 30 days, he or she has also violated 8 U.S.C. § 1306(a)).

Lord forbid someone should actually ask someone who is running for DISTRICT ATTORNEY what his stance was on illegal immigration. Didn’t someone also ask what his stance was on medical marijuanna? I guess that guy attacked Locke on that issue too.

Last I checked, Ray had raised a few more than 100 pennies, in fact it is public information and the last I saw it was somewhere around $40K. As far as Stones FEC filings, most of his donations are “in kind” donations. Go figure. Ben’s financial filings? NONE!

As far as unraveling rants, only one person around here has not caught onto blog etiquette by typing in all caps. Talk about a headache.

Don’t bother to let facts get in the way of your arguments! LOL

84. dewberry says:

I am in favor of passing an ordinance in Chatham County that forbids the hiring of undocumented workers by businesses operating within Chatham County.

We need to have penalties substantive enough to deter the practice of using the labors of illegal aliens inside of Chatham County. Penalties could include the loss of business license in addition to financial penalties.

It is long overdue for Chatham County to do something to protect the illegal aliens from the companies that may be unfairly profiting from their labors. At the same time, the County should not give the appearance of endorsing this illegal practice of hiring undocumented workers.

To prove that Chatham County is in accord with the laws of The United States of America, an ordinance recognizing the County’s commitment to these laws is in order.

Under the federal Section 287(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act and also Georgia’s SB-529, the Georgia Security/Immigration Compliance Act, we can and will address this increasing problem of illegal immigration in Chatham County.

Our newspapers carry headlines of crimes against these illegal immigrants and we hear, very clearly, the outcry from individuals and contractors who have been affected by the illegal immigrant work force. This is a long overdue measure to protect our citizens and also to prove harmony with US immigration laws so Chatham County must address this matter in a firm way.

85. celtic2 says:

“hortense” thats horse manuer— JUST SCROLL BACKWARDS AND TAKE A DEEP HARD LOOK IN THE MIROR? AND YOU WILL SEE ALL OF THE HATRED THAT SPEWS FROM YOUR BOWELS! ARE YOU SURE YOU KNOW WHO I AM??? EXPOSE YOUR SELF TUFFY!

DHYMLER – CHRYSTLER IS AN AMERICAN CAR COMPANY? NEWS TO THE REST OF US? MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE RAYS NEW CAMPAIN MANAGER! KEEP UP THE LOST, DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS ACT GOING!

CHURCH? YAH CHURCH OF THE POISON MIND! RAY AND CLINT STARTED ALL OF THIS! TO LATE TO CRY FOUL BALL NOW DUDE!

IL GIVE HIM PROPS ON STAYING MARRIED TO THE SAME WOMAN!

IL TAKE DIAMOND DAVE OVER CLINT MURPHY ANYTIME!

DONT GO AWAY MAD HORSEY? JUST GO AWAY!

“freeyourmind” YOU WERENT THERE AT THE EVENT SO BACK OFF! HE DIDNT ASK WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO ABOUT CRIME OR ANYTHING ELSE? HE DID ASK WHY WONT DAVE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THEM CONGREGATING ON HWY 17! THEN IT WENT ON AND ON… FOR 15 MINUTES OF RAY ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT A JOB HE IS RUNNING FOR! WE ALL KNOW THAT ICE IS TO BE NOTIFIED IF AND WHEN A CRIME IS COMMITED! THAT WAS NEVER THE TOPIC! HILLARY COULD USE YOU RIGHT ABOUT NOW?

dewberry WE ARE ALL IN FAVOR OF ENFORCING OUR BORDERS AND MAKING IT A CRIME TO HIRE ILL. ALIENS(REPUBLICANS ANYWAY) THAT IS NOT WHAT WAS SAID OR ASKED BY RAY AT THE EVENT!

THIS IS BENEATH ME FELLOWS! IM OUT!!!GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHOICE IN YOUR CANDIDATES WHOM EVER THAT IS? I WILL STICK BY MINE AND IF HE LOSES ??? I WILL VOTE FOR THE REPUBLICAN LEFT STANDING! —HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

86. GOP Girl says:

I don’t think Vinny Hogan knows the meaning of hate. I can’t imagine a hate filled bone in his body. Does he poke fun and laugh at silliness? Sure. Which is what alot of this drama has been about the past 2 weeks. Silliness. As for hateful rhetoric, I don’t think so. Caps lock challeneged, definately. But never hate filled.

As for immigration, Dewberry, do we really need to pass more ordinances/legislation on immigration? Don’t we simply need to enforce the laws we already have?

However, if memory serves correct, when Berkow was on Bill Edwards’ show a couple weeks ago, someone called in with the exact point of illegals out on Hwy 17 and Berkow stated that his hands were tied and it is up to the Feds to decide. Not meaning anything against Berkow…..I’m just sayin…..I don’t think the answer is more legal red tape mumbo jumbo.

87. Holly says:

John Stone worked for the Ranking Member of the Energy Subcommittee. You’re ripping Stone’s energy plan without giving the slightest hint of what a good plan would be in your opinion. Again I ask, do you have one?

Finally, if the worst thing you can say about your opponent is that he moved to Virginia to serve the people of eastern Georgia. . . then I’m not so sure you’ve got mud that will stick. For example:

Reporter: “Why did you just move back to Georgia after having lived in Virginia for so long?”

Stone: “I moved my family to Virginia right after Charlie Norwood won his first election in 1996. I served in his office and Max Burns’ office until I returned to Georgia.”

That’s all he would have to say to satisfy that complaint and I have a feeling most voters will accept it, particularly in the parts of the district that Charlie served, which includes Augusta to Milledgeville.

Now, about that energy plan. . .

88. Hortence says:

The problem though Holly, all that would be true if indeed Stone moved back and then decided to run for Congress. It’s just not true though.

He waited 6 months after running for Congress to register to vote in the State of Georgia.

Last time I checked, Chrysler was and is still an American car maker.

As for Clint Murphy, give it up man. We get it, you don’t like Clint. Move on.

89. Holly says:

Well, Hortence, like I said, we’ll see.

I’m far more interested in your energy plan!

90. dewberry says:

GOP Girl

Yes, we need such an ordinance and we need politicians to put such policy in affect.

Why do you think these federal and state laws and provisions were created?

What we need is policy makers who are committed to doing something about the issue.

So that is what Berkow said? I am not surprised. He would say something different if we had this ordinance on the books. With this ordinance, Berkow could not say what you say he did and still claim to be doing his job.

What other excuses are you willing to settle for?

91. Hortence says:

That Crystal camp just throws attacks out left and right. Ray, Clint, now Chief Berkow. Who’s next?

How much is that tab with the FEC up to these days? Just saw the Youtube add you have. That’s not in compliance either. The FEC might be you guys’ biggest expenditure.

How about running a law abiding campaign effort?

92. GOP Girl says:

Hortence, stop making false accusations. No one “attacked” Chief Berkow. Quite the opposite. Dewberry and I are having a discussion about immigration. You find fault with only posts that support Ben Crystal, but no one else. Gee. Wonder what campaign you’re working with????

93. Annoyed Dawg says:

No, GOP Girl, he’s attacking Stone, too. He’s got lots of attacks but little positive to say from where I sit… Does Ray McKinney condone this?

Also, dewberry, let us know if you hear from the other candidates…

94. FreedomOfPeach says:

Does McKinney condone it? Gee, since anytime the dude makes a comment he gets raked over the coals, why should he bother. It is obvious who is supporting who and the heck with the facts. You don’t see any other candidates commenting for the same reasons. It doesn’t matter who the candidate is, instead of being able to discuss an issue it rapidly sinks into a mud fight.

1. Celtic, I was at the YR meeting and Ray only asked one question. He did not ask a follow up. Just to refresh my memory I called some of the other people there and they said the same thing. So once again, you LIED! Your busted, you are such a piece of work. I actually talked to Ray about his question, after reading your comments, and he said the only reason he asked the question was people had been asking him the SAME question. He wanted to know what Dave’s take was on it and had actually talked to Dave just the other day about it. Maybe you should check with Dave and see what his opinion is, as if that would matter to you.

It’s called checking the FACTS and once again you have shown your aversion to facts and truth.

2. You attack the guy for driving a car, made in America, by a company that merged with a German company? Running a little low on mud?

3. Holly, as I recall, Stone is proposing his energy plan in the media while McKinney submitted his plan as a resolution at the District convention, last month, where it passed. BTW, ain’t it funny how Stones energy plan came out the week after McKinneys resolution passed the district? McKinney also announced he was taking that resolution to the National Convention and trying to make it part of the party platform. I think a guy who has been WORKING in the energy industry for the last 20 something years might actually have a clue how this stuff works, more so than a anchor/staffer/lobbyist or a terminated DJ/personal trainer. I mean, come on. I thought we might be looking for someone who actually KNOWS what he is talking about instead of just reading from a script a staffer put together.

As far as Stones energy plan, he is going to cut taxes we pay and he is going to eliminate (raise taxes) the energy company pays? So the hand just went into another pocket? Explain the part where our taxes are “temporarily eliminated” but the energy taxes are permanent? So when our taxes go back on the total tax burden actually goes UP? Which party is he running for?

4. Of the three candidates, why was McKinney the only delegate to the District GOP convention? For that matter, why was he the only delegate to the State GOP convention? Why didn’t Stone even bother to show up? For a no-nothing politician, it sure is odd how McKinney put himself in a position to be a National Delegate. Who would have thunk it?

5. I heard Ben talking the other day on Edwards show about Three mile island and that russian plant melting down. McKinney has WORKED at three mile island. It is simply hilarious to hear some of these guys talking about issues as if they had a clue when there is one guy who has been talking about the same issues since last year.

McKinney was pro nuclear when these other two guys couldn’t pronounce the word.

6. Yeah, I support McKinney. For a guy that came from nowhere he sure is making some waves in politics.

To begin with he didn’t have Washington contacts like Stone, he didn’t hire a lobbyist like Crystal, he just did it on his own. Seems like the only advice he has been getting is from the locals and I like that. No strings attached to this guy.

We sit here and tear people apart while guys like him, and Crystal, and Stone are actually laying it on the line. You have to hand it to all of them to set themselves up as targets to the masses.

McKinney went further than I ever thought. No one believed he would ever even make a state ballot much less get attention by groups like the Texas Republican Party. How many of us have stood on a stage with “real” congressman and senators and outpolled them? Not bad from a regular guy from Savannah. Maybe instead of trashing one of our own (middle class, savannah resident, family guy) we should just step back and at least give him a little credit. It’s a shame we finally have a “normal” person running and it’s not the liberal political machine ripping him apart, it’s us. No wonder no one wants to step up and run for office.

On a final rant, you know, if McKinney was in a singing contest and was getting as far as he is now, actaully got on a stage and beat some professional singers, Savannah would be rooting for the guy instead of trying to rip him apart. With the personal attacks, lies, and vitriol, I bet the guy wonders why he should have even bothered.

95. dewberry says:

To be clear, I have not taken a position to support or rip apart a candidate in this race.

To be clear, I have not spoken against Berkow.

I have only talked about a local ordinance that provides for the enforcement of immigration laws at the local level through a condition of doing business within Chatham County. I encourage all municipalities to enact similar measures to crack down on businesses who hire illegal workers.

96. John Konop says:

Please help me understand why it is even a debate that a business should not hire illegal workers? I guess some of you think we should have no immigration laws?

97. Chris says:

Not to thread jack or anything, but I think we should scrap pretty much all of our immigration laws in favor of a biometric guestbook and ID card at the border.

98. dewberry says:

I’m just tired of people passing the buck. Some have said it is the responsibility of the feds to enforce immigration and we see how well this works.

Chatham County can do a lot to counter the illegal practice of hiring illegals. We all have a role to play.

99. celtic2 says:

CHRYSTLER IS OWNED BY A GERMAN AUTO COMPANY! WHICH MAKES THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE— PT CRUISER — SHORT BUS “NOT AN AMERICAN CAR” JUST BECAUSE YOU SPRAY IT EVERY CHANCE YOU GET DOESNT MAKE IT SOOOOOO!!!! OKAY HILLARY? I MEAN HORSE MANUER!!!

FREEDOM OF HOOKED ON PHONICS???
    YOU OBVIOUSLY WERENT IN ATTENDENCE AT THE YR EVENT OR YOU WOULD STOP BS-ING ABOUT IT? RAY ASKED ABOUT AND IT WENT ON AND ON AND ON…
    FURTHERMORE I SAW DAVE LOCK AT THE MEMORIAL DAY EVENT, AT THE VETERANS CEMETERY! (BONNEVENTURE) HE CONFIRMED WHAT RAY DID ! THEN RAY CALLED DAVE AND ASKED IF HE WAS HARRASSING HIM AT THE YR EVENT AND DAVE SAID YES YOU DID! BUT LETS FORGET IT? IF RAY DIDNT DO IT THEN WHY DID HE TRY TO COVER HIS TRACKS???

100. REPUBLICANFIRST says:

Energy policies are a joke! the republicans can make this a bigger issue than the illegal allien beat down. and wisk right back into power by actually making this the campaign issue of the ages!

LONG TERM:
    we all put up with the nonsense of the tree huggers and the sierra club for 30 years or so because! we were only paying about 35 cents a gallon more for fuel than if we did it ourselves! “NOT SO ANYMORE” this way (and i dont know why?) we would pacify the loonies and avoid fights in our political arenas? (“AND LET THE MIDDLE EAST WORRY ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT WHICH THEY DONT!”) we are not drilling our own reserves which are actually the envy of the world! (the gulf, alaska and the oil shale rich rocky mountins!) we have not built a nuclear power plant and have not built a refinery in 30 years! but the russians are in the barren straits and the chinese in the gulf are allowed to drill???( its illegal for us as americans to do so!) –we must write, email our representatives and flood call thier offices! and have the republicans make it “the issue of the 08 elections!” we can drill, pump, refine and deliver our own oil for about $1.35 per gallon! and why the hell not! we already have the technological advances that make our production (voluntarily the best in the world) the cleanest and safest in the world! —we are not allowed to do business in this country, if you are a monopoly or trust? yet “OPEC”is the biggest monopoly in the world? and we are forced to destroy our economy by having to do business with them! THE ECONOMIS PENDULUM the economics pendulum on that premise alone we should be able to drill! j st the news that we “considering” building 4 refineries in each of the N,S,E,W and 3 nuclear power plants and open drilling? the price would fall in half over night! because it would be bearish news where there is none right now! it cost $25 a barrel to mine and refine yet its trading at $132 because of market restriction and manipulation!

SHORT TERM: we announce tomorrow morning(if we had the ba__s to do so!) iraq! yes you ! the country we have liberated! starting today you are no longer part of the illegal monopoly known as “OPEC” (oil producing export countries) you will have 1 customer for a 10 year contract! you will sell only to the usa for $50.00 a barrel! thats double your production cost! and after 10 years we will be all set up by the long term project mentioned above!

101. FreedomOfPeach says:

Okay celtic, first off I WAS there so once again you are a little off the mark. Maybe you should lay off the cocktail hour. Second, lets see if Dave shows up at the YR event and why don’t you see if he will make the same comments you claim with McKinney there. According to my conversation with McKinney, he called Dave, in response to your comments, to ask if Dave felt “harrased” and Dave said that it came off as someone who would not support him. McKinney apologized if Dave felt he was being harrased and explained the reason he asked the question was because he was asked the same question by many people including people like Bill Edwards and he did not know what the position was of a man running for DA or what the position was of the local government. Now, are you willing to state for a fact that McKinney asked a follow up question? Or a comment? If so, then what was the comment or question? BTW, if McKinney was intent on harrasing Dave, why didn’t he ask Dave a question at the Republican Womens lunch the next week? Better yet, why don’t you bring up this issue with McKinney on Thursday night since all of your “witnesses” will be there too?

Keep in mind there were a lot of people there, including Dave. Let’s see if your memory of the QA session jives with anyone elses.

On another note, your entire premise is total BS since the QA session after Dave’s speach hardly lasted 15 minutes anyway. Oh, and McKinney was sitting in the booth right next to Crystals booth, he was sitting with the Melvins, in a booth against the exterior wall, and had boneless wings with hot sauce as I recall.

BTW, RepublicanFirst, nice energy plan. Seems like I heard a guy talking about the same thing last year while he was running for President, LOL

102. FreedomOfPeach says:

Oh, and if you will do a google search you will see that Daimler is no longer partnered with Chrysler. Dang those pesky facts.

I checked, it’s not paint, it’s a wrap. But why bother with geting your facts straight.

On a final note, I forgot the pig rule. You can’t win and the pig likes it, LOL.