Digesting GOP Convention Rumor Mill

So, I’ve now had some time to digest the rumor mill and emails from Columbus. I was not there and have relied on gossip fiends to feed me info.

1. Which House Committee Chairman is lining up people to launch a coup against the Speaker? One of them is.

2. Will Cecil Staton add his name to the list of those exploring a run for the Lieutenant Governor spot? Chip Rogers is definitely on board. Will Eric Johnson go for it too?

3. “Governor Handel” sure has a nice ring to it.

4. If John McCain wins, will Sonny ditch the “Governor” label for the “Secretary” or “Ambassdaor” level in 2009, thereby making the Lieutenant Governor the incumbent gubernatorial candidate in 2010?

1. dcraigwhite says:

he’d make a great one!

I’m hearing a lot of people(both in and out of politics) mention Herman Cain. I’d love to see him make another run. SOS perhaps?

2. debbie0040 says:

Rumors at the convention Friday night for 2020 : The following candidacies are expected: Tommy Sandoval for Governor, Clint Murphy (AKA Bull Moose) for U.S. Senate Chris Farris for Lt. Governor, Jason Shepherd for Insurance Commissioner, and Brian Laurens for Secretary of State.

Both Tommy and Clint were heard to say that they only way they would be defeated would to be caught in bed with a live man or dead woman. ..

3. Chris says:

If you think the animosity between the House, Senate and Governor is bad now, wait till I’m leading the Senate and Tommy is Governor.

President Shafer will have to send the National Guard in to keep order.

4. drjay says:

i am sure you are disappointed that you did not get the chance to speak w/ me this weekend bill simon–i thought i saw you sitting by the cobb folks near the front corner but was not able to make it over–i hope you are well

5. shep1975 says:

Let me say right now, once and for all, I am NOT a candidate for Insurance Commissioner. I plan on challenging Tommy because we all know the candidate with the best hair wins.

6. debbie0040 says:

I wonder if Tommy Irvin will still be around? Who will run for Ag Commissioner? Icaurus or Demonbeck?

Tommy vs. Jason, now that will be a race.

7. Tommy_a2b says:

Let me make this clear. Once I am Gov the Senate will do what I say when I say. No reason for it to be any other way. Who ever is Speaker will also do what I say. I am running on a pro unity platform.

8. Icarus says:

I know how to spread a lot of fertilizer. If that’s a qualification, then sign me up.

9. shep1975 says:

That is why I am running on the pro division platform. We need to divide the powers, then once they are divided, we can sell them off to the highest bidders to pay for state operations thereby eliminating the need for all taxes in Georgia!

10. Bill Simon says:

Shep,

You cannot “run it” as you have no experience in dividing people (successfully). Let an expert take care of such matters. 😀

11. jsm says:

Just checking in from visiting family at RAF Lakenheath, UK, and it looks like I missed an eventful weekend. Glad I was enjoying London and Paris.

12. debbie0040 says:

“Tommy_a2b // May 20, 2008 at 3:01 pm

Let me make this clear. Once I am Gov the Senate will do what I say when I say.”

You mean you will adopt the Glenn Richardson strategy 🙂