Republican Shuffle

Hahahahaha. Ya gotta chortle. Two Republicans go on Face The Nation today, Ed Rollins and Governor Crist. Yet not one incident of liberal bashing among them. Not the slightest hint. It was all what we/McCain will do for the struggling people. My how things have changed since (R) losses in LA and MS! Now when will party Repugs reign in the talk show hosts with some of these hot new talking points?

1. dorian says:

Congressional approval, overall, is in the low 20’s. So, congrats, the democrats suck slightly less than the republicans. What a smug satisfaction that ought to give democrats.

2. boyreporter says:

Congressional approval levels are irrelevant. It’s knee-jerk reaction, and the same folks generally give their OWN congressman high marks. Meaningless exercise.

Oh, and on Stephanopoulos just now, Repukican honcho Boehner (with his FM radio voice) plugs for “change you deserve.” Steny Hoyer pointed out (on video) that it’s actually a slogan from an anti-depressant medication. Repukes can’t even steal right.

3. John Konop says:

The GOP strategy will be to attract closet racist like you Spacey stealing white power talking points from Hillary and Bill.

It the GOP would focus on a Bob Barr type platform minus the Fair Tax they could stop some of the bleeding.

The truth is we do not have the money for Iraq or the expansion of government proposed by the Dems.

This will give the GOP an opening in 10 or 12. The problem is the current immigration policy of importing poverty will help the Dems. Without basing immigration on making the best and brightest U.S citizens regardless of race we will have a society codependent on entitlements.

This plays to closet racist like Spacey who feel good about throwing crumbs at people of different color while selling us they are better than all of us.

4. dorian says:

Did my eyes just deceive me, or did a liberal just write something about polls being irrellevant? And you’re right, republicans can’t even steal right. Democrats, on the other hand, are quite good at it.

In any event, I’m not going to debtate you on which party is better. As far as I’m concerned, they both stink equally bad, just in different ways. It’s like watching a football game, only the teams are seeing which one can give away the most points. However, instead of just losing a game, I think each side is trying to see which one can destroy us all the fastest.

Stealing or lying. Bribery or graft. Corporate shrills or welfare panderers. Politics in a zero sum game.

5. SpaceyG says:

With GOP-ers like you John, ALL Dems can sleep well at night, knowing their competition is made-up of deranged droolers at best.

6. IndyInjun says:

No, Space, they can sleep well at night knowing that 50% of their former supporters and financiers are bent on their destruction.

7. IndyInjun says:

No, Space, the Dems can sleep well at night knowing that 50% of the GOP’s former supporters and financiers are bent on its destruction.

8. John Konop says:

I have made it clear I am Independent now. And once again you avoid explaining why you supported the race baiting campaign of your soul sister Hillary? I have made it clear I am disappointed with Obama and McCain.

Yet unlike you I spoke out against the racist attacks on Obama and anyone who questioned McCain and his service to our country.

Why not answer why you support the white power campaign from Hillary and Bill?

9. candlerpark says:

The GOP is set to get swept in ’08.

Never underestimate the ability of the dems to blow it, but it couilr look pretty bleak for our red state buddies.

The funniest thing, though, is how little will change even if Obama wins it with a fillibusterproof senate. Mayve I’m a cynic but none of these jokers (of either party) will probably do more than small changes on the margins.

10. Icarus says:

I know how much we can get for selling out principle. How much can we get for selling out nothing?

11. SpaceyG says:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the Clintons may be plenty of things (too many to list here) but they are not, nor have the EVER been, “racists.” That’s just outright slander.

12. John Konop says:

Please help me understand this comment from Hillary?

Clinton quoted in the USA Today: “I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on…Sen. Obama’s support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me. There’s a pattern emerging here.”

13. Doug Deal says:

That statement does not say that non white workers are not hard working. She was making the same old statement about “the working class” as Dems always do, that they somehow work harder (although they put in less hours on average) than professional people.

Poorly phrased for sure, but her comment was obviously not meant as a racist diatribe against blacks. That is patently ridiculous.

I am not supporter of Clinton, but the claims of her being racist are just as unfair as the silly claims against Republicans. This type of thing needs to stop, no matter who it is against.

14. John Konop says:

Doug Deal

It was clear that Hillary and Bill played the race card against Obama while playing the gender card.

I agree with Peggy Noonan!

WSJ-….In case you didn’t get what was behind that exchange, Mrs. Clinton spent this week making it clear. In a jaw-dropping interview in USA Today on Thursday, she said, “I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on.” As evidence she cited an Associated Press report that, she said, “found how Sen. Obama’s support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me.”

White Americans? Hard-working white Americans? “Even Richard Nixon didn’t say white,” an Obama supporter said, “even with the Southern strategy.”

If John McCain said, “I got the white vote, baby!” his candidacy would be over. And rising in highest indignation against him would be the old Democratic Party.

To play the race card as Mrs. Clinton has, to highlight and encourage a sense that we are crudely divided as a nation, to make your argument a brute and cynical “the black guy can’t win but the white girl can” is — well, so vulgar, so cynical, so cold, that once again a Clinton is making us turn off the television in case the children walk by.

“She has unleashed the gates of hell,” a longtime party leader told me. “She’s saying, ‘He’s not one of us.'”

She is trying to take Obama down in a new way, but also within a new context. In the past he was just the competitor. She could say, “All’s fair.” But now he’s the competitor who is going to be the nominee of his party. And she is still trying to do him in. And the party is watching……

15. Doug Deal says:

So, for her to say in effect that “White people are supporting me in larger numbers than Obama” when they make up 75+ percent of the voters is somehow racist? How can a statement of fact be racist? Have you looked at exit polling? Racism is supposed to be the profession of one race’s superiority over that of another. Please tell me how it applies to this case, except by you selecting the most negative and least probable possible interpretation of her comments.

In your own mind, you have made a connection between her statement and a derogatory comment on the working habits of blacks, but it is not clear that her intent is with your interpretation.

The fact is, I think Hillary is correct about her having a better chance to win a general election. I do not think Obama could get elected outside of a Democratic primary. It is not his race (which is the only thing making his competitive in the primary), it is his politics combined with his lack of record. You do not pull a kid out of college and expect him to serve as CEO of your company, and you certainly do not pull a greenhorn junior senator out of Congress to serve as President.

When it is all said and done, Obama will likely lose badly nationally, while Hillary would probably win and the morons on the Democratic side will blame Hillary’s fight for the loss.