What’s the Opifer Group?

Keith Gross lists himself as the President of Opifer Group, Inc. He holds the domain opifergroup.com (direct link to WHOIS here).

Here’s where it gets odd. The Secretary of State has no listing for the Opifer Group, Inc. The domain was reserved on August 12, 2005, and updated on October 17, 2007. I don’t know if the address info was changed in that update, but the phone number listed is a Florida phone number.

This is just a rather odd pattern. It looks to me like someone who really wants to run for office, but probably made the decision quickly and didn’t have all his ducks in a row.

1. Bill Simon says:

The only time “Gross” would work in a name is “Gross Pointe Blank Steakhouse”….

Which leads me to segue to my TOP 10 movies I need to have with me on a deserted island (not in any particular order):

American Pie
    Saving Silverman
    Gross Pointe Blank
    The Shawshank Redemption
    Crimson Tide
    Shooter (with a big-ass widescreen)
    To Catch A Thief
    The Bourne Ultimatum
    Aliens (i.e., Alien 2)
    The Empire Strikes Back

What about you, Icarus? What are your Top 10 movies for an eternity on a deserted island?

2. Loren says:

Searches of the Florida, Maryland, and California Secretaries of State offices also turn up nothing about an Opifer Group, Inc.

Incidentally, the Georgia state seal is now gone from his website.

3. Icarus says:

The first 6 are easy:

1) Animal House (a/k/a, “The Movie”)
    2) Caddy Shack
    3) The Jerk
    4) Stripes
    5) The Blues Brothers
    6) There’s Something about Mary

I would need to put some thought into the other 4 and get back to you on that.

4. SFCWallace says:

You both forgot Dodgeball, The Good the Bad and The Ugly and Vacation “The moose out front should’ve told you.”

5. SFCWallace says:

Dude, the Shawshank Redmption was on TNT every Saturday morning for about 6 years straight….

6. Jessica says:

Let’s see … tentative list would have to include at least these:

A Time to Kill
    Steel Magnolias
    Pride and Prejudice
    Grumpy Old Men
    Top gun
    Ever After

There are more, obviously. Probably more chick flicks. Ah well, so sue me.

7. dorian says:

Ughhh. Everyone. Your movies pain me. Let a REAL man give you some practical tips on movie selection.

1 and 2. The Deer Hunter and Rambo: First Blood Part II. If I’m stuck on a deserted island, I’ll need to be able to kick some serious butt. Never know when the bears will attack.

3. Legends of the Fall. In case I get depressed, watching a movie about people whose lives are more messed up than mine will cheer me up.

4. Emmanuel in Paris. For those lonely nights in.

5. A Beautiful Mind. Let’s face it, after a few years, I’m going to go nuts. At least I’ll know what to expect. I hope I imagine up Tricia Helfer.

6. Speaking of Tricia Helfer, Battlestar Galactica: Razor. Instant classic.

7. Anatomy of a Murder. Help me plan my ultimate revenge in case I ever make it off this rock.

8. MacGyver: Lost Legend of Atlantis. There may be some spare parts lying about. Being able to build a raft from a squeezed out tube of toothpaste and a butter knife will come in handy.

9. Die Hard. Maybe, just maybe, some nigerian pirates will invade my bay. Time to kick butt.

10. I Know Who Killed Me. In case life just gets too damn hard. This will surely send me over the edge and into sweet oblivion.

8. Icarus says:

O.K., I continue to reserve the right to revise and extend my remarks. Upon further review, I believe the list is now:

1) “The Movie”
    2) Caddyshack
    3) Stripes
    4) The Jerk
    5) There’s Something About Mary
    6) South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
    7) Road Trip
    8) Risky Business
    9) No Way Out
    10) The Cowboys or True Grit (One John Wayne movie should be required by law).

Props to Konop for including Slap Shot. Almost made my list, but decided sports movies would be a downer if alone and without teammates.

9. Icarus says:

No, Elvis is better without the visual. But I did leave out “instant classic”, Superbad. Strike South Park, replace with Superbad.

10. Common Sense says:

It’s amazing how much effort you guys are putting into this oppo. Can’t wait till a Republican gets challenged now that we have officially made residency an issue.

11. Bill Simon says:

“officially made resicency an issue..”

Gee, Common Sense….one would have thought you might be concerned about legal residency of a candidate for office.

It’s kinda, sorta, part of the basic requirements for running for office.