1. drjay says:

the scenarios are many and lots of those folks are talked about and probably would like to do it–others likely would want to see who else is running and qualify for other seats–like if cagle runs who then runs for the open lt seat, what ambitious state senator would choose to run for westmorelands, or kingston’s seat if they throw there hat in the ring?? it makes for fun talk…also does isakson being out open the door for the dems to be in it w/ porter or baker or someone like that??

2. DoubleDawg3 says:

I’ve vote for the above candidates in this order:

1a) Cagle
    1b) Efstration
    3) Westmoreland
    4) Handel
    5) Gingrey

*Note: John Oxendine, nor Glenn Richardson appear b/c I’d rather eat dog crap then EVER, EVER cost a vote for either of those two to lead our state.

PS: If I vote for Cagle for Governor of Georgia, can I vote for Chuck for Governor of Gwinnett County? Governor of Gwinnett County, I like it.

3. DoubleDawg3 says:

Chip Rogers for Lt. Gov? I like that as well. Heck, I’d move him up to 1a if he ran for Governor (but I’m sure he’d never run against Casey).

4. efstration says:

If drafted, I will not run. If nominated, I will not accept. If elected, I will not serve.

5. Goldwater Conservative says:

How does Handel even rank?

We need a smart governor…too bad Isakson is not running.

6. Icarus says:

Serious question, as Handel has been mentioned a lot on here over the past few weeks:

Has she shown any interest or made any gesture that she intends to run for this position? I’m not aware of any, but I haven’t been following that closely.

Richardson, I believe, has already taken himself out of the running. Ox and Westmoreland are both in, I believe. Kingston and Gingrey will most likely take a look, but I don’t think Gingrey will do it.

And now Efstration turns his back on us. What gives?

7. DMZDave says:

This is simple – proven leadership – common sense – forward thinking – Herman Cain

8. MSBassSinger says:

I’m with DMZDave on this one. Herman Cain for governor.

I’ve met Chip Rogers, and there is much to like about him for Lt Gov. However, I’ve seen him support really stupid and harmful legislation that he knew was bad, but caved to political pressure rather than take the high road. Still, he ain’t the first nor the worst at that, so he’d get my vote. Courageousness isn’t the first thing we’d expect from a Lt Gov anyway, especially if we had a strong, principled Gov like Herman Cain.

9. RoswellJim says:

Gee, I never thought of Herman Cain. At least he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to focus on the (typically) small issues that seem to occupy state government.

I’d vote for the Herman-ator

10. DMZDave says:

I”m getting some traction here Erick. People think (bad pun alert) Cain is able. Add him to ballot and I bet we have a winner.

11. CobbGOPer says:

I most certainly think Handel will run, and she will be a formidable candidate to overcome.

12. northside elephant says:

Karen Handel has great experience as a government executive. She would make an excellent governor.

Chip Rogers has a very strong future in Georgia. He is a dedicated conservative and has a great base from which to run for a statewide office.

Chuck Efstration has issued a Sherman Statement but I’m convinced that my “Draft Efstration” group can change his mind!

13. northside elephant says:

I bet Handel will run and she would be a front runner. She has excellent government executive experience and is strong on the campaign trail.

Efstration’s Sherman statement is unacceptable, Chuck E. your state needs you!!!!!

14. drjay says:

will the 69th most influential conservative in the entire country not be looking to seek higher offic by then???

15. bowersville says:

If Karen Handel decides to run for Lt. Governor or Governor she will clear the field in the primary.

I’ll bet whoever besides Handel wants the Governor’s chair will try to get Handel to run for Lt. Gov. instead of Governor.

Perdue, do you still have your PAC money and are you going to send it to Handel for Governor for 2010?

AuH2SO4, so called AuH2O, as usual you are full of Democratic crap. Need I say more?

16. Bill Simon says:

Karen would be like a fish out of water if she ran for Lt. Governor. Besides, she doesn’t need any training for the governorship…she could walk right into it.

17. bowersville says:

Bill. I know what you are saying. Karen in 2010.

But, I doubt that fish out of water crap. Karen can handle herself any where she chooses to go.