As the DOT Turns

Mike Evans has decided not to run. I’m informed that overnight he and his potential future wife decided it’d be too much of a burden right now.

I also have someone else who told me McDonald made it clear to Evans how much mud he’d throw.

1. Rpolitic says:

Should be interesting to see if there is a governor’s plum given to Mike. I hear that Sonny wants another old Dem to hang out with.

I think he is tired of some of these conservatives holding his feet to the fire.

I am sure there is more to come.

2. Bill Simon says:

If it’s true, it ain’t mud. In Evans’ case, all McDonald would have had to do was bring-up the issue of Evans and Company flagrantly ignoring rules of balancing inflow cash with outflow cash (i.e., the Bubba-Gump method of approving $4 billion in projects when they only had $3 billion available) to decimate Mr. Evans’ candidacy of being qualified to lead ANY other committee or commission in this state that involves stewardship of the taxpayers’ dollars.

3. Romegaguy says:

Bubba was the lackey for the Utility Companies he was elected to regulate. But of course that will all be spinned away by the Nov election

4. Bill Simon says:

That would make him a Republican for the last 5 years.

NOT that it matters since Doug Everett and Stan Wise consistently vote for anything the utility companies ask for…and they are both GOP.

5. HankRearden says:

It takes three to get anything done. If Bubba gets elected they will have the 3 they (utilities) need.

6. Howard Roark says:

I would love to see an independent thinker on the PSC like Bill Simon. You have name recognition among grass roots workers in ever county of the state. One thing is for certain, the meetings would be interesting.