The Plot Thickens!

Say what you will about Towery; the dude knows how to set-up a good story. (It takes a southerner.) Cannot wait to hear more of this Machiavellian tale of Obama campaign political mystery and intrigue from Matt. Tune-in late afternoon or tomorrow, but catch-up with the storyline in the meantime here.

1. HollyJ says:

Do you guys remember when Bush said “Mission Accomplished” with the banner in the background while wearing a flightsuit? It was about 5 years ago. He was wrong.

2. Rogue109 says:

No, because he was in a business suit when he made the address to the nation from the deck of the carrier. And the banner referred to the successful completion of the mission of the USS Abraham Lincoln, where the whole episode took place.

And unless you take a COD to a carrier, you are going to be wearing a flight suit since you’ll be landing in a combat aircraft.

Thus, let the savaging of me begin…

3. Rogue109 says:

I hate just plain common and ugly on ANY blog, even this one.

Really?!?!? I mean….really?!?! Do you include your own posts in that?

4. HollyJ says:

“the banner referred to the successful completion of the mssion of the USS Abraham Lincoln” are you sure about that Rogue? The only metion of the USS Lincoln in his speech was when he was talking about once it gets back to San Deigo and the new babies that the sailors would be seeing that were born while they were deployed. He did however say.”Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed.” I spent four years in the Navy and six in the Army. And have landed on The Big E more times than I can count and I never was wearing a flight suit. The Lincoln was off the coast of San Diego when he gave his speech which was in distance for a heli-landing not freaking jet….it was a photo-op gone wrong. And if you look at the pictures he was not wearing a business suit under his flight suit.

5. HollyJ says:

He had to change from the flight suit into his biz suit…the flight suit was for the failed photo-op…

6. Rogue109 says:

Hmm, you must not have read my post. I said that unless you were landing on the COD, you WOULD be in a flight suit. Meaning, that you WOULD NOT if you were on the COD. Since he didn’t take the COD, he would have to be in the flight suit.

Again, I don’t think you read my post. That’s why in this photo he is giving his speech to the nation and wearing a business suit. He didn’t give the speech until after he landed in the S-3B. Meaning he took off his flight suit first. I can’t believe we’re debating this (grin).

7. Jace Walden says:

Spacey,

I didn’t mean any offense. It just seems like you are always trying to give Matt Towery some type of “Web 2.0 Hummer”. That’s all.

8. HollyJ says:

I guess the debate is over…MSM is reporting that the White House said it was a mistake…