1. bowersville says:

A refresher course for anyone considering jumping into the 50th Senate race at the behest of Nancy Schaefer.

Schaefer only won the district by a little more than 450 votes, 456 to be exact.

She was drubbed in in Rabun and Stephens at just over 2 to 1 and she lost in Hart.

You will be labeled the Schaefer recruit and you will lose handily.

It’s time to bow out with grace.

2. bowersville says:

RCM, let me ask this, is Schaefer officially out of the cd10 race or is she officially out of the 50th senate race?

Is she attempting to recruit for the congressional seat or the 50th senate?

3. moocher says:

“If Habersham had not supported Schaefer to the degree they did, we would have a Democratic Senator.”

What is the point of this statement?

4. rabuncountyman says:

Bowersville

My point is she can’t keep up. The home page of her website still says she is running for Congress, but she has said she isn’t. It would be foolish for her to run for Congress because she and Congressman Broun are close on many social views.

As for her running in the 50th I heard day before yesterday she was out and supporters were looking for someone to run with her blessing for the Senate seat. Last night I heard she was in the race.

My prediction is that she will not run for the state senate. Her husband needs her now.

5. SpaceyG says:

Sing w/tones of jubilation: “Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead! Rub Your Eyes, Get Out Of Bed. Let They Know The Wicked Witch Is Dead!!!”

6. Rick A. says:

Wrong…Schaefer just announced that she is back in…

– 1 –
    From the legislative desk of Senator Nancy Schaefer 50th District of
    Georgia
    PRESS RELEASE
    Immediate Release 50th District Senate Office
    April 24, 2008 706-754-1998
    Senator Nancy Schaefer plans to qualify
    and run for her 50th District Senate seat.
    “Bruce and I have been blessed by constituents across the 50th District
    urging me to please not give up my Senate seat. Bruce still faces surgery,
    but after tests, consultants and a plan, we now have a balance with
    Bruce’s health and my running for the 50th District Senate seat again.
    We have experienced much prayer from so many of you in the last few
    weeks and we are most grateful. We are at peace with our decision and
    look forward to greeting the great folks in the 50th District this summer.”
    * * * * *