Kill. Kill. Kill.

Death roams free again.

Georgia’s first execution in almost a year has been set next month for William Earl Lynd, who shot and killed his girlfriend in Berrien County in 1988.

The Department of Corrections has yet to schedule the specific date and time for Lynd’s execution. But the death warrant, signed Tuesday, says Lynd is to be put to death by lethal injection between May 6 and May 13.

On Dec. 23, 1988, Lynd got into an argument with his live-in girlfriend, Ginger Moore, and shot her in the face with a .32-caliber derringer.

Thanks Justice Roberts. By the way, if you haven’t read the Scalia concurrence, you ought to.

1. boyreporter says:

Yee-Haw! So that’s what the Red in RedState means: Blood. Yee-haw! Kill’em, kill ’em, kill ’em! That’ll teach the young ‘uns it ain’t right to kill somebody! Yee-haw! String ’em up for the good ole US of RedState A. Or plug ’em in, or needle ’em to death, just kill, kill, kill and talk about the sanctity of life. And talk about lessons and examples of conduct. Kill, kill, kill. Scratch that itch!

2. Kelley says:

While the intentional taking of a human life is never good, I have to worry is the petitioners were so concerned with the “risk of significant pain” while they were each committing double homicides …

3. Kelley says:

While the intentional taking of a human life is never good, I have to wonder if the petitioners were so concerned with the “risk of significant pain” while they were each committing double homicides …

4. StevePerkins says:

Sigh, I’m just saying, in general terms… if people actually agree with you, and yet keep voting “against their best interests” (as you see it) because they bitterly cling to God and guns… then maybe the smart thing to do would be shut up about God and guns for five minutes.

Not directly applicable here, I know… but in general the liberal perspective never seems to catch on because liberals come across like douchebags and make people WANT to disagree with them.

5. Chris says:

Damn, I though this thread was about the bloody legislative purges I’ve been promised.

Why are we putting rapists and murders to death when lobbyists, politicians and lawyers are still running loose. Once more the GOP shows it has is priorities all out of wack

6. boyreporter says:

“A little much on the blood-lust Erick?”

For pro-death penalty folks, there is no such thing as too much. Fills a void in what passes for their souls.

7. boyreporter says:

Stevie: You’re right, liberals are all douchebags. Especially the ones who fought and died for civil rights, to get kids out of sweatshops, to provide health care for the elderly, to end a stupid war (and now having a go at it again)…while conservatives sat/sit on their behinds.

8. Chris says:

9. jsm says:

Hey, boy. What if someone popped you between the eyes with a .32? What punishment should he/she get?

10. boyreporter says:

“…while conservatives sat/sit on their behinds, while building the economy that put a man on the moon, cured polio and smallpox, invented the internet, put a PC in every home, provided employment for 95% of those who want one, and built economic alliances that (so far) have kept the world at relative peace.

Grabbing a sign and yelling things on a street corner isn’t the only way to improve the lot of mankind.”

Say what? None of the above had to do with conservatism, and what part of the world is your hero “conservative” GW keeping at relative peace?Except for the peace of his relatives, of course, who stay out of fights that might get them hurt.

“Grabbing a sign..” is all the brave liberals did to change this country in the face of conservative thugs (and intellectuals like Bill Buckley)? In the fantasy world that you reside in, Chris…are there rides?

And JSM: You always bring it down to popping someone with a gun. You need help. To answer your question, though, the punishment should be life in prison. He didn’t have a right to kill me, and I would not have the right to kill him, nor assign society — bloodthirsty guys like you — to do it for me.

11. StevePerkins says:

If GodHatesTrash had been serious, rather than tongue-in-cheek, he’d be boyreporter. Played for laughs, I thought that GodHatesTrash was awesome (whatever happened to that guy?). Played straight, boyreporter sucks.

12. StevePerkins says:

… yet BR posts freely? I call shenanigans. Not shenanigans that are cheeky and fun, but shenanigans that are tragic and cruel.

Which makes them not shenanigans at all, really.

13. boyreporter says:

Tragic and cruel? Call your mom if it hurts. You and Chris ought to take your act on the road.

14. dorian says:

As a conservative, we need people like boyreporter. I know I will never change someone like Steve’s mind, but there are a lot of people on the fence. Boy pushes those our way, because deep down most of the working class are afraid of crazy liberal. There isn’t anything I’ve seen him write that was designed to persuade, but rather inflame. That’s the difference between a gentle push and a shove, and people don’t like to be shoved. People also don’t like to be talked down to by liberal nutjobs with a vapid grasp of the subject of which they speak, either.

The problem with this whole debate is that it is about Lynd and not Ginger.

15. Chris says:

Explain Obama then?

*chris goes back to bitterly praying for his guns.

16. boyreporter says:

Dorian, Steve, et al…I’m slumming, that’s all. I don’t try to persuade when I know anyone who is proud to be a Republican is beyond help. So I just flip you off and laugh and try to picture the lot of you jerking off in your cubicles surrounded by Reagan pix and dreaming of guns (gotta have SOME power, somehow) and the minimum amount of glory otherwise denied your pitiful existence.

17. jsm says:

“Maybe with my own ideas?”

What good are they without facts to back them up?

“Explain Obama then?”

“Americal Idol” entertain-me culture and twenty- and thirty-somethings who have never sacrificed anything for their country. Make sense?

18. dorian says:

Your comments would be valid boy if we were talking in a vacuum, but we aren’t. Other people get to read what you write. Also, I believe you when you say you’re slumming. I believe that most liberals feel that way. Like I said, the only thing missing from your posts is how much more “enlightened” you are than the rest of us. Keep up the good work.

19. boyreporter says:

“Like I said, the only thing missing from your posts is how much more “enlightened” you are than the rest of us. ”

Yes, you have said that before, and I don’t know why you keep wishing words into my mouth. I haven’t mentioned enlightenment, so it seems to me you might be reflecting a bit of insecurity and defensiveness in that regard.

I have no idea what Rugby meant in the last post.

20. Icarus says:

“I have no idea what Rugby meant in the last post.”

If you can’t keep up with Rugby, then you are not tall enough to ride this ride.

21. joe says:

If the boyreporter is not tall enough for this ride, then many of us must be on his side. After all, we are for the children.

22. Bill Simon says:

Not much, Rugby.

For instance, if YOU were at the zoo and walked past a cage of monkeys and the fact that they all started whooping and jumping up and down when they see you walk by, would that mean they were “enlightened” to your perceived status as a biped who was outside that cage?