Fantastic Profile of Karen Handel

In a discussion of winners and losers the other day, I said Karen Handel is the only one to come out winning from the session. This gives you a good idea why. One of the parts a lot of you will be interested in is this:

The secretary of state also struck out on her own in support of Republican ideology.

Take the issue of requiring photo IDs of those wanting to vote in person. Where Cox publicly opposed the idea, Handel has championed it.

Another is her announcement Tuesday that her staff will begin enforcing immigration law.

“We will soon, in our licensing area, begin utilizing what is called the SAVE Program, Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlement Program, to verify the legal status of every individual applying for a professional license in the state of Georgia,” she said. “It’s only fair and only reasonable until the feds get their act together and really deal with the issue.”

Good for Karen. Giving her the GOP nomination was the smartest thing Republicans in this state have done in a long time.

1. rabuncountyman says:

She spoke to the 10th district convention on Saturday. She reported that out of 2,000,000+ voters in the presidential primary that 450 did not have picture I.D.’s. She said 1/3 of those without I.D.’s left the polls and returned with a legal I.D. The remainder have received a letter and a phone call from her office staff to ensure they know the process and receive assistance in getting their I.D. if needed.

2. Donkey Kong says:

Karen is the only state official of whom there are no legitimate complaints. That both speaks well of her and ill of all our other state politicos.

She’s a remarkable leader.

3. boyreporter says:

Rabuncm: Letters and phone calls, legal fights, questionable use of public money and effort to enforce a solution in search of a problem. The purpose of this issue, in the legislature and with pandering politicians such as Handel, is nothing more than a way to throw red meat to a voting base that needs to scratch its xenophobic, “they’re-not-like-me” itch.

4. Karen has done precisely what she said she was going to do. She’s made her department more efficient and effective. Thats Good Government, who can complain about that.

However, you cannot compare her position in government to the Gov., LG and the Speaker who create laws and the funding mechanism. Its wishful thinking to expect that there would not be some rancor in the legislative process.

That being said, Karen Handel is a huge asset to the state of Georgia. Its obvious Georgians got it right when we elected her.

5. boyreporter says:

Maurice: That would be “it’s” — each time. Also, interrogatives require a question mark at the end of the sentence. But Republicans seldom get anything else right, so why expect it in English?

6. joe says:

If I had written “Rabuncm: Letters and phone calls, legal fights, questionable use of public money and effort to enforce a solution in search of a problem.”, I don’t think that I would try to tell somebody else about grammar.

7. cccorrrecction noted… I find it a little small minded that one boxes people into a particular mold because of Party affiliation. That’s the political game. This country is filled with small minded politicians who pimp the political process to obtain a title or a position, then have no clue how to actually fulfill the duties of the job.

Good governance sets politics aside to fulfill the constitutional duties of the job. I find it particularly refreshing when someone actually does what they campaigned for, REGARDLESS of the Party.

Lighten up.

8. albert says:

That’s just plain hilarious. Boyreporter correcting grammar while posting a fragmented sentence… I guess the Dems don’t care about grammar either huh? They just want to be the ones to pluck the speck out of someone’s eye while having a board in theirs. Stupid is as stupid does…

9. boyreporter says:

Hey, doofusses…there’s a dif between intentional writing style and getting spelling and grammar wrong. But you do have a point: right on top of your heads.

10. Goldwater Conservative says:

Handel is disgusting.

She was installed, not intelligently elected.

I would repeat the words of Federalist if I was assured that I would not be banned from PP.

I long for the day that we get a SoS that accomplishes policy goals of their own making and intelligence rather than being told exactly what to do and how by a party tightening its grips on this sad state.

11. Goldwater Conservative says:

Baker, Irvin and Oxendine…though I only believe one of the three does a good job in office.

Irvin is too senile, unfortunately, to remember is wife’s name…and Oxendine cares more for big business than for consumers.

12. albert says:

ah, that’s what that was intentional writing style. OK sounds good to me. i is going to make intental mistakes to simply irritatecha from now on.

13. moocher says:

“I would go so far as to say that only 3 state-wide elected officials were intelligently elected…”

I hate to break the news to you, but Irvin was appointed. Or using the terminology you incorrectly chose for Handel – he was “installed, not intelligently elected.”

14. Bill Simon says:

Dang, Goldwater…I actually thought you had some different grey matter than most of the lefties. Your comment about Karen being “disgusting” just categorized you in the same moron class as BitchBoy. Congrats!

15. GOPeach here says:

GOOOOOO KAREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show those boys how thnigs are done at the capital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girl power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!