Forster and Scott Sitting in a Tree. W-A-I-T-I-N-G

Makes up your minds fellas. Scott reserved his website already to run for Forster’s state house seat. Then backed off when Forster thought of running for re-election. Now Forster is hinting he may run for the PSC and Scott is hinting he may run for Forster’s seat if Forster runs for the PSC.

But . . .

“I’ll consider it if he doesn’t,” Mr. Scott said, emphasizing, as of now, he’s “not running for anything.”

Rep. Forster said he talked to Mr. Scott “to see if he’d be available” and is “sort of on standby” if the incumbent decides to leave his District 3 seat. The district include parts of Catoosa and Whitfield counties.

It sounds like Forster wants to hand pick Scott as his successor.

1. Chris says:

Catossa is a state? When did they secede? If they’re a state, how does this affect our border war with TN? Are they a Georgia satellite state or a TN satellite state?

Why aren’t our leaders in Atlanta and the Georgia Media telling us the truth about the war?!?!?!

2. Dcatamount says:

It is a joke Chris. Next time I won’t assume that everyone has heard of Hamlet or Shakespeare lol…I was just saying that this whole news story seems fishy.

3. Chris says:

Um, I’m well familiar with ‘something is rotten in the state of Denmark’.

Did you not figure my comments regarding a war with TN, my cold-war reference to satellite states, or my comment about leaders and media lying were not also jokes?

4. Brian from Ellijay says:

Brad is conservative. He would do well for the district if Forster decided to make a move.

5. WhiteFemaleVoters says:

Does Brad Scott have a job? What state does he work in (GA, TN, or Catoosa?) Also I noticed he is young, does anyone know how old he is? He looks about 17 or 18.

6. moocher says:

I hope somebody in Catoosa or Whitfield steps forward and states, “You know what Ron were going to make your decision for you and we don’t want a moron representing us anymore.”

Ron states he wants to wait until the last day of qualifying so he can make his decision, well if everyone did that there would be an awfully long line. It’s really pathetic, here he’s contemplating running for a higher office, but his number one fear is not holding any office – a la John Oxendine. So he’ll wait to the last second to see if a stronger candidate jumps into the Speir race then he’ll run straight back to his State Rep seat.

I’m sick of the politicians with their sense of entitlement. It’s not your seat for eternity. Hopefully somebody in that district with more balls than Forestor (which shouldn’t be that hard to find) will come forward and run against him now. Ron has been an embarrassment to his district with his call for impeachment of Cagle.

I also think it’s a little sleezy to have a handpicked buddy on standby to qualify.

7. WhiteFemaleVoters says:

I have a suggestion. Brad, why don’t you man up and qualify if that is what you want so you won’t look like you are owned by Ron Forster.

8. Painterman says:

Why don’t we go ahead and impeach Cagle anyway? At least something would happen in the Senate besides a lot of sucking up to the governor!

9. Dcatamount says:

Chris, I know you were joking sorry if I came off like a sad sack. I just want to say that Brad Scott is NOT a conservative that should represent the 3rd District. I’ve heard him speak, and let’s not forget that 2 years ago he stepped down from his Chairman GOP seat so he could campaign for Ralph Reed and somehow made sure that he got his Chairman’s seat back after it was all over. I also heard that he works for Zach Wamp in TN.

10. Dcatamount says:

Chris, I know you were joking sorry if I came off like a sad sack. I just want to say that Brad Scott is NOT a conservative that should represent the 3rd District. I’ve heard him speak, he talks like he just wants a political position. And let’s not forget that 2 years ago he stepped down from his Chairman GOP seat so he could campaign for Ralph Reed and somehow made sure that he got his Chairman’s seat back after it was all over. I also heard that he works for Zach Wamp in TN.

11. Painterman says:

He got his Chairman’s seat back because he was elected to it by the party members. Don’t see how that’s a problem? Last I saw this was still a free country to work for whichever candidate you wanted too as well.

12. Dcatamount says:

In 2006 he AND the Vice-Chairman stepped down at the same time. He supported Ralph Reed while the Vice-Chair, Ann Knight didn’t go back to the Party. Now he’s all of a sudden back? A 24 year old is going to run for a Representative spot and is “handpicked” by Forster. How is this free and fair government? I hope someone else runs in the primary against Scott.

13. Romegaguy says:

If Scott is Forster’s handpicked successor then that is reason enough not to support him…

14. Tommy_a2b says:

Brian from Ellijay said I need to come on here and say nice things about Brad. So here it is. I think Brad is NICE and I think he would make a Good State House Rep as long as he does not listen to Glen “This is My House” Richardson.

15. Dcatamount says:

“If Scott supported Reed then that is reason enough not to support him…”

Thank you! Some actual knowledge! Chris you have hit the nail on the head there. I agree with you 100% right on!

16. Brian from Ellijay says:

Tommy, what happened to you tonight? You missed the party man. You arn’t one to turn down a lil Knob Creek.

I know, you have a wife and she has you whipped, but still…

17. GOP08 says:

Dcatamount… You need to know what you’re talking about before you get on here and make a fool of yourself.
    If you are assuming that there is something shady going on because of Brad, and Ann Knight stepping down, and then Ann not re-seeking her position, then you have something wrong. Ann still openly supports the party and just because Brad was well liked enough to get his title back as chairman means absolutely NO disgrace to is name whatsoever. It does just the opposite.
    Brad is very well-liked in the third, as well as the ninth district, and will have a great chance at state rep. should forster decide not to run again.

18. Dcatamount says:

First of all GOP08, you must realize that I have met Brad Scott and heard him speak. He sounds like another Bush “flag waver” and I believe that he is far too young to represent anyone in the 3rd House District. I’ve quit going to some of the meetings in the local party b/c he tries to control everything. I don’t care if he’s chairman, he should let others have a say in party matters. The GOP is starting to crumble, and electing Scott will do more harm than good.

19. emyscott23 says:

I believe that GOP08 is probably on of Brads people that surround him all the time and tell him great stories of how great he is.When I was part of the old 9th district. The only people that liked Brad were in the Catoosa County party. Many people throughout the 9th district do not have nice things to say about Brad. What I hear from my business/education contacts in that area,he is not known throughout the third district, and those that do know him in the business and education fields do not like him.