As we said, Broun locks in support

From his campaign:

On Tuesday evening, April 15th, all of the Republican members of Georgia’s congressional delegation served as hosts of a fund raising event for the re-election campaign of Congressman Paul Broun. The well-attended event was held at the Capitol Hill Club in Washington.

It’s important to note that *all* of them were hosts: Deal, Gingrey, Kingston, Linder, Price, and Westmoreland.

So, the G-7 is on board. The RSC is on board. The NRCC is now making nice. How soon before the Club For Growth comes on board?

1. bowersville says:

The question is: How soon does no show in CD10 Fleming get the message and what kind of fluff does his campaign staffers put on this?

AuH2O, I-Mike?

2. bowersville says:

Modcon, no Fleming still has the edge on being the establishment candidate to bring the earmarks back to Augusta.

Despite the ridicule, I’m dbl posting.

3. Icarus says:

Icarus // Jul 18, 2007 at 11:01 am

In 18 months, Broun will be viewed as just another ultra-conservative Republican, and part of the establishment. A primary challenge will look less likely as time goes on, and the Augusta/Columbia crowd will be looking to the 2012 redistricting to cut away from Athens.

Just my $.02

4. Icarus says:

Now if we could just finally get the dude sworn in so we could all move on, for the children of course.

5. drjay says:

so i guess you are all nostradamus now??

soon the new eagle will fly w/ the flock
    and win when the new day comes
    the city in the east will seek to separate
    and gain a new eagle all its own…

6. Icarus says:

I don’t know about any nostradamus stuff, but I can tell you that the Eagles will feast on Falcon Sunday, October 26th, at 1:00pm.

7. bowersville says:

Good grief, don’t tell me the Fleming lemmings are channeling Nostradamus for inspiration.

Not you DrJay, I’m poking fun at those that STILL BELIEVE IN THE LEMMING.

8. drjay says:

well then icarus you will just have to trust that i re-wrote your prediction from last summer in the genre of a nostradamun quatrain just like the ones where he “predicts” the rise of hitler, the atomic bombs over japan and the fall of the wtc…

9. bowersville says:

DrJay, I hope you are kidding or joking. If not you are over the top and have gone loony.

Remember the Augusta nationals, it might help to revive you.

Try the TMC theory, it might help.

10. drjay says:

you’ve lost me bower–i am not really sure what you think i’m thinking or doing that would be the least bit “loony”

11. drjay says:

at 12:28pm icarus copied a post he made about this race in july of last year–a prediction if you will–i then said “oh so you are going all nostradamus on us” you know b/c he was a famous predictor guy –i then rewrote his july 07 prediction as if it were a nostradamus quatrain (that was his style of writing) i can further explain how it is like a nostradamus quatrain if i must or you can just trust that it is–i used an eagle as a metaphor in the quatrain and icarus replied that the eagles will beat the falcons this fall–i apparently somewhat unsuccessfully tried to explain the nostradamus homage–and am now trying to do so again…

12. Donkey Kong says:

I’m just happy that we are one step closer to having an independent conservative voice in Congress, and *especially* that the G-7 is rallying behind him. This definitely hurts Fleming’s argument that Broun is an outsider and renegade.

13. bowersville says:

Dk is right.

But I’m still lost on the whole Nostradamus theory thing.

That arguement is way over my head, just like Flemeng’s.

14. drjay says:

i made up a little poem in the style of nostradamus b/c icarus was reminding us of his prediction –i was ust being silly–i did not realize it was so esoteric

15. jsm says:

“Does this mean that Broun is now the official ‘Establishment’ candidate.”

Based on what we’ve seen so far from Broun, he is what the Republican “Establishment” should be. Here’s hoping.

16. Donkey Kong says:

Heck yeah!!!! I’ll be drinking to that tonight.

17. Jason Pye says:

I don’t agree with everything Broun believes, but this comment is dead on.