1. curt flood says:

If you read Handel’s blog, she appears to be quite cognizant of the fact that her Chinese handlers are reading. She’s full of flattery for her hosts. As Repubs go, I like Handel. Too bad her blog is dull and predictable.

2. fishtail says:

Excuse me for being so dumb, but what is the Secretary of State doing spending taxpayers’ money in China. Her job is to oversee elections and licensing boards and other clerical functions. Smells like a junket to me.

3. NonPartisanGA says:

It was OK for Karen’s predecessor SOS Cox because she was a democrat. Only republicans are scrutinized for efficacy.

4. CobbGOPer says:

Yeah, I don’t see how her constitutional duties also involve trips abroad, unless they’re dealing specifically with elections or business licensing. And I don’t think we’d want to be taking election advice from the ChiComs…

5. drjay says:

the SOS “constitutional duties” based on my brief perusal are decidedly vague and from the quick rundown of her website the SOS is among other things the state securities commisioner, archivist, elections chief, and both corporate regulator and professional license issuer–she appears to also be at the guv’s calling to perform other tasks he deems necesaryfor the good of the state–and he invited her as an emissary of the state on this particular trip–i do not see why that would be contraversial at all…

6. northside elephant says:

Handel is on the trade mission at the governor’s request. Since the SOS has broad administrative responsibilities over licensing, incorporation and securities this certainly makes sense.

7. Dave Bearse says:

Another oversees trip for Perdue at a time when he should be reviewing the legislation he is to approve or veto?

The trip will enable the excuse he didn’t know what he was signing in event a crony slips another special provision into a bill giving Perdue a second $100,000 tax break.