What I heard.

Here’s some gratuitous rumor-mongering for your Wednesday morning.

It’s no secret that the investigation that snaredformer Rep. Ron Sailor continues. What I’m hearing is that four other politicians are being investigated and not all of them are in the Legislature. We might know who these people are very soon.

1. cheapseats says:

Hmmm…with somebody wearing a wire then, we’re bound to find out a lot more to investigate and that investigation is almost certainly going to reach beyond Sailor and Wille Green and Snuggles. We may hear more about Eddie Long. And what of the other Dems who voted for this predatory lending stuff? I gotta hunch that this is just going to keep getter bigger and juicier.

2. GeorgiaProgressive says:

Sad thing is Willie Green is rumored to be the “candidate of choice” to take on Sen. Cowsert in Jane Kidd’s old district. That is bad bad bad news for Dems who can’t seem to get anything together lately…what is goin on?!

3. ksuowls81 says:

I know what’s going on…When you don’t have any morals concerning the issues you probably won’t have any morals concerning politics.

4. EAVDad says:

Spacey: I guess it depends — what level of confidence will bloggers use before actually putting the names out there? Two sources? Three sources?

5. juliobarrios says:

Buzz-

I’ve also heard similar rumors. This allegedly goes far beyond minority party member Ron Sailor, and his ability to get nothing accomplished in the Legislator, and extends into some urban county structures where Democrats still have power.

6. drjay says:

so now willie green is a democrat–i thought i remembered his name bandied about as a potential gop challenger for the 10th in the special last year??

7. GeorgiaProgressive says:

Green is a former NFL player and played both sides leading up to the 10th Congressional special election, but oh surprise surprise, it was as he was lobbying for the payday lending. He eventually met with the DPG about how he was a true Democrat and always had been, he just happens to be in the payday lending business.

8. juliobarrios says:

Andre-

I haven’t heard anything that specific. All that I heard is that county commissioners could be involved in the sting. Fulton and Dekalb were mentioned as possibilities.

9. Hank Reardan says:

Man I work at the Facilities Group back when I went to Southern Poly back in 1995. One of my Frat. Brothers family member work there and would get Sigma Nus from Southern Poly jobs there.

10. MountainThinker says:

Anyone here good enough to post the link to a rollcall of this payday lending vote, ore even a bill number for last year??

11. AubieTurtle says:

I heard it was Colonel Mustard in the parlor with the candlestick.

Sadly it appears that the Feds are the only way to clean house in state government. Heavens knows that the good ol’ boys aren’t going to go digging very hard since they risk exposing some their buried skeltons in the process.

12. Tea Party says:

“…extends into some urban county structures where Democrats still have power…”

“…a Fulton County Commissioner had been “nailed” by the feds….”

“… Fulton and Dekalb were mentioned as possibilities…”

Adding to this blog’s rumor-o-matic, we have A Vox Populi and Big Tuna on GoDeKalb teasing us about ‘the big story’ as well.

I hope it involves Grady, and the much bally-hooed ‘privatization’ gets Federal oversight.

As the worm turns….

13. fishtail says:

DAVID…a friend of mine says he saw Mitch a couple of months ago. He has a good job in risk management with a big company. He told my friend that he never intends to get involved with politics ever again.