Other shoes to drop?

Ron Sailor might just be the tip of the iceberg. Check out this update to Dick Pettys’ story:

3:32 p.m.
BULLETIN: Corruption investigation wider than thought. InsiderAdvantageGeorgia has learned from a highly placed source in the legal community that at least one state legislator has“been wearing a wire for the past year” in an on-going and potentially widespread investigation of public corruption in Georgia. This suggests that the federal government may have been involved in an investigation of corruption under the Gold Dome prior to the December, 2007 date suggested in stories related to the resignation and guilty plea by Rep. Ron Sailor. The investigation may reach across both aisles of the House and potentially the Senate according to the source. Updates to come.

This could get very, very interesting.

1. Romegaguy says:

Not related to this story (at least not that I am aware of) but what’s Mitch Skandalakis doing these days?

2. gatormathis says:

uhhhhhhh…………..look down the right side of the blogroll on here, click on Mitch’s link, and hook up with him……….

3. Demonbeck says:

I cannot believe that Icarus has not started a pool on who is wearing the wire yet. Do it for the children man.

4. juliobarrios says:

It’s going to be really interesting to see which Rep. also goes by the name of Judas. My guess is the Rep. will be from Dekalb County – possibly Fulton.

5. Icarus says:

I can’t start the pool, Demonbeck.

I really don’t want a visit from the FBI when they realize I’m right.

6. Dave Bearse says:

It’s disappointing that it always seems to be the feds that have to investigate and root out corruption across the spectrum of state and local government in Georgia.